There Is No Original Post in This Thread?

This thread has no original post.

I do not have a clue how something like this could of happened.

5 Likes

It was probably that while transitioning to this forum, the posts of someone wasn’t moved from the original which left only his post to be the original post.

3 Likes

Does this really happen?

3 Likes

As part of the change I moved all users, threads and posts.
Maybe something with the system happened that messed the topic up, like a corrupted user or something, but I don’t know much about this.

3 Likes

I do not think this specifically addresses possibly deleted or “un-categorized” (for a lack of a better term) original posts.

Probably.

3 Likes

Could they have been terminated while carrying over? Like, the original creator didn’t carry over but everyone else did? This is certainly very interesting, but we can only wonder for now…

Unless the old forum exists somewhere accessible…

2 Likes

You can look at the old forums as it was using the Wayback Machine.
I do not think you can find the original thread though.

3 Likes

You can’t see it but the OP was deleted. That person from what I remember decided to edit all their posts to nothing back when edits weren’t tracked, so it made their post have no content and couldn’t be undone. Likely all their empty posts were deleted (still viewable for staff) as a result.

4 Likes

So it was EpicBossMan?

3 Likes

Maybe. . .

Search results for 'EpicBossMan' - Dark Gaming

The user certainly did exist in the forums back then, but you can find no post made by them.
Apparently, his nickname was EBM.

3 Likes

Disregard this; it only shows results for every time “EpicBossMan” is mentioned.

This is incorrect; there are in fact several posts made by EBM that are still present tody.

However

There is no content in this post:

There are also other posts in some other threads that address him with no context. That context - his posts - were possibly deleted.

Also, he was active Jan - Feb 2014 on the Forums, a very short period of time in which the the thread with no OP was made.

3 Likes

3 Likes

There are a bunch of empty EBM posts in this thread.

3 Likes