Phill-Up Ban Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No, I did not break the rules knowingly. My Ban link states that I was “Griefing in Build,” however yesterday I have no prior memories of breaking a single block, or any day this week even. I wouldn’t have a reason to grief in Build anyway, as I wouldn’t go out of my way to ruin other people’s builds. I have full confidence that people who really know me would agree as well. I’ve read the Rules before, and I have evidence of it too. The day I got the “Read Guidelines” Badge was on February 13th, and I doubt whatever I did was in the last (almost) 4 Months, furthermore, all my time on the server. If you asked me to remember a single time I have griefed in this server, I couldn’t give you an answer. I would like to genuinely see what I did, if a Screenshot is available. Since I can’t come to any conclusions on how my Ban as decided, I’ll assume someone reported me on Discord, since I don’t use the platform.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I believe my Ban was unfair, because I strongly think that no Ban should be given to a Player for something they didn’t do. You can even ask the other players who play regularly if I grief, I doubt many will say yes, even if they do, have any evidence to back their claim up. Although this link is for a message posted on October 2nd, 2021, this still further proves my point.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
You should unban me, since there was no reason to Ban me in the first place. No notes in my Ban (thanks a lot for the information), no evidence come my way, nothing. Not even when I asked the community in Phase. I know the time it will take for me to be unbanned will most likely be longer than preferred, as I personally know @Miles1, who had his Ban Appeal be accepted only after 6 Months of waiting, so I don’t expect this to be handled in a timely manner. I don’t want it to seem as if I am brushing off the importance of this appeal, as I fully doubt the evidence I have put forth will immediately guarantee my appeal’s acceptance. Other than that, I’ll be waiting right here in Forums. Thank you for any further elaboration on whatever I have done if any is presented to me. Have a nice day.

7 Likes

There is history of you mining into the map Untimely Exploration and subsequently filling it with lava

This happened around a week ago, on May 28-29

8 Likes

What history? I’ve barely gone into Build last week, not even counting the times where it had been down for a period of time.

How would I have mined into the map? I’m usually using my loadouts with high amounts of movement in Build if I’m just looking around to find things, or using my Damage Testing loadouts on Target Dummies, since they don’t work in PvE for some odd reason. Based on this information, I highly doubt I had ever used my (/loadout load Phill-Up) loadout at all last week, which is the only one I have with a Pickaxe and specifically made for Building or destroying blocks. Furthermore, I don’t even Build that much in Build, so why would I use it?

Another question, how does that report show that I was the one who griefed it? The only thing it says is:

with no further elaboration as to that would be? Was this report additionally handled elsewhere, such as Discord? I’m getting more questions than answers as to what I even did in the first place for me to deserve my Ban.

How would I have filled Untimely Exploration with Lava? Lava Buckets and the Bottomless Lava Bucket are both banned items, so I would have had to mine into the map and lead Lava into it for that to make sense. The thing is,

Again, please provide me with a Screenshot if available, because I don’t remember doing such thing in the first place.

6 Likes

Another thing, I have recently been sent a message by NetherOw that reads:

Furthermore, he also stated

This further proves one of my points about how there is no evidence of me being the one who griefed Untimely Exploration. See below for past reference.

This brings me back to one of my original points, that being having no reason to ban me in the first place.

You should unban me, since I have looked for every detail on my Ban, but to no avail. There has literally been no explanation as to why I have been banned with solid evidence towards me. I have even shown multiple quotes of NetherOw previously in this Post, further proving why I should be unbanned.

This should be solid, if not, definite evidence for me to be unbanned as the person who made the report which got me banned didn’t even want me banned in the first place, furthermore, doesn’t know if I actually griefed Untimely Exploration, which I have already explained I am certain I have not done such a thing. In further addition to that, Untimely Exploration has already been moved, and NetherOw is not even the Host (kind of), so why would I grief it?

I will be waiting.

5 Likes

creds to @Hansel

i know one method (no, i didnt use it) is pumps + lava from helstone, or tshock

Tejdxa means every change is tracked, i think

again, build changes are tracked. This is how griefs discovered

6 Likes

Thank you NetherOw for explaining another way on how Lava Griefing is possible. This response basically proves my point that I didn’t grief Untimely Exploration, since I did not know of this prior to my Ban, and the method I did know of where Lava Griefing is possible I have already explained I am certain I have not done in my second Post.

Thank you once again NetherOw for clearing up a large confusion.

6 Likes

It doesn’t really matter if a map is moved or not. Griefing is griefing. The only exception is if the authors destroy the map to free up space.

There is a two-block hole on Untimely Exploration’s roof that connects very closely with a lava pool which you tunneled through. This tunnel starts all the way back at the bottom of Devil’s Reservoir

6 Likes

If I had full intentions to grief Untimely Exploration and irritate its Builders, why would I have done in when the map was already moved from Build? It’s not like that would prove anything, since it would irritate no one, as no damage would be done. Explain that to me.

That’s a nice unsubstantiated claim. Maybe you could send me a Screenshot of me doing that. I know I’m repeating this, but I highly doubt I had done this in the first place, which I have given evidence to in all my posts in my appeal.

One other thing, why have you only responded to small parts of my arguments when I wrote so much else to talk about?

(Only responding to a small part of my argument with no evidence of me doing so, not talking about:

• Me having no prior memories of breaking a single block this week.
  • Me not having a reason to grief in Build.
  • The community knowing I wouldn’t do such a thing.
  • Me giving evidence of me reading the rules.
  • Me not remembering a single time when I have griefed in Dark Gaming.
  • Me saying to ask the other players who play regularly if I grief.
  • Giving any insight as to what that history would be.)

(Only responding to a small part of my argument with no evidence of me doing so, not talking about:

• NetherOw not wanting my Ban.
  • NetherOw not knowing if I actually griefed Untimely Exploration, which I have already explained I am certain I have not done such a thing.
  • Me proving my point that I didn’t grief Untimely Exploration, since I did not know of

prior to my Ban, and the method I did know of where Lava Griefing is possible I have already explained I am certain I have not done in my second Post.)

It seems as if you cherrypick only the parts of my argument that are the easiest to explain. I guess you really love cherries!

5 Likes

Even if every point you mentioned is true, and even if I talk about them, there is no denying that the block history of the two-block hole(and subsequently the tunnel above it) on top of Untimely Exploration points back to you breaking them 13 days ago

NetherOw already explained that to you so I didn’t think I needed to mention it again

Again, the block modification history of the surrounding area points right back at you. Also, by this logic a hacker could just say “I didn’t hack” despite there being clear video evidence

I don’t want your ban either, but I’ve surveyed the area and there is a tunnel passing through Devil’s Reservoir into Untimely Exploration whose block modification history points back at you. There’s nothing I can change about that

Sorry, forgot to explain this part. The tunnel passed through two lava pools

5 Likes

I should also mention that while investigating the case, you executed /loadout load Phill-Up around one minute prior to breaking the blocks on Untimely’s roof

6 Likes

Yeah, I doubt that.

I was just referring to how you didn’t say anything about that originally, I didn’t need you to tell me again.

You keep telling me this, yet you don’t show me what that block modification history is or show any Screenshot of me doing this to back your claim up? Not a single time have you done that. Of course I wouldn’t believe you if you didn’t show me anything that proves your point.

Why would I use /loadout load Phill-Up to break the blocks on Untimely Exploration’s roof?

If I used /loadout load Phill-Up after I got into Untimely Exploration, then I wouldn’t have had /loadout load Phill-Up on before. This is because I only apply the command for the same Loadout I already have on if my inventory gets cluttered. My inventory usually gets disorganized after mining blocks, however, I only do this when I’m Building, since a cluttered inventory would be inconvenient when I would be getting Building blocks using /item. If I really wanted to grief Untimely Exploration, then I wouldn’t have cared about organizing my inventory, since I wouldn’t be building. This means that I would’ve probably had a high movement loadout on, which doesn’t have a Pickaxe. Even if I did use /item (insert Pickaxe) while using a high movement loadout on, I probably would’ve died from Lava damage, since no loadout other than /loadout load Phill-Up I own has Terraspark Boots, and Terraspark Boots give Lava Immunity. I don’t even remember using /item Terraspark Boots at all during May 28-29.

Also, care to show me a Screenshot of this?

4 Likes

Another thing, can you provide me some insight as to what this “Devil’s Reservoir” map is? I have searched it up on Forums, yet to no avail. Could you provide me a Screenshot if available?

Even another thing, here’s another example of one of my first points. See below for past reference.

And no, I’m not cherrypicking only the responses supporting me. I have genuinely found no one that believes my Ban was well deserved during all my time on Phase this weekend.

5 Likes

I doubt you’d believe it anyway but here’s one:

I dont know. You’re the one that invoked the command

Again, it’s in the logs and I doubt you’d believe it either:

2022-05-28 21:56:07 - Utils: INFO: Phill-Up executed: /loadout load Phill-Up.

This is obviously false, like I mentioned, you used it one minute prior

This will do nothing to change your ban. If anything, it makes it worse

8 Likes

looks kind of like this:

8 Likes

I do think your evidence is 100% true, yet I still am unsure and doubt that I really did grief Untimely Exploration intentionally. Apparently I did, so that doesn’t matter.

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
Yes, looking back, although I don’t remember my grief, the Block History Neverbeen has provided undoubtedly shows that I must have known full well that what I did was intentional and was bannable during that time.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Yes, my ban was very fair. Regardless of my failure to recall my griefing, it doesn’t excuse the fact that I have broken a very important rule, even thinking that my claims were more clever than in actuality when responding in my appeal at that. My ban was entirely my fault.

I should be unbanned because I am deeply sorry for my actions and I won’t make such an ignorant, careless mistake again. Furthermore, I’m sorry to the builders of Untimely Exploration and especially Neverbeen, who I has had to deal with my pointless claims and having their time wasted by my undoubtedly rude, insulting, even insolent perceptions I have expressed in my appeal. I won’t make this mistake again, because I will simply avoid placing or destroying any blocks in Build, as to not have any chance of it happening once more. Regardless if this appeal is accepted or denied, I promise to be much more wary of griefing in the future.

6 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

1 Like

This is the rule I broke:

2 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

2 Likes

Yes, because me griefing Untimely Exploration’s roof falls under removing/adding blocks from another player’s structure without their permission to do so.

Yes, because I will avoid placing or destroying any blocks in Build without permission.

Yes, I will not break the same rules in the future.

Yes, I understand.