'Classic' Capture the Gem

Hello!
Right now, gamemodes only has 1 option: zombies. While this is great and all, other servers, such as pedguin games, has many, many other gamemodes and options. I would like to suggest more gamemodes for that option, such as the classic ctg option on penguin games. I bet it would increase variety and thus more people to the server itself.

What I mean by Classic CTG:
There are two teams who spawn on opposite sides of a world (near, but not at, spawn), and they have X time to prepare (usually an in-game day). Once that grace period is over, both sides can freely cross sides and attempt to capture the other team’s gem at their base. Whoever captured it the fastest wins. If there is no gem captured by the end of the second day, the game ends in a draw. Longer matches can be held if needed for competitive gains and other such items.

more like free copy right strike

6 Likes

Whats ctg?

4 Likes

Capture the gem, the reason gem locks and giant gems exist.

3 Likes

Oh alright

5 Likes

Potentially a duplicate of:

depending on exactly what you’re asking…

CTG isn’t a well defined term in Terraria, we’ve hosted CTG games before based on the original (that I’m aware of) which is defined as:

• Starts with a safe period where players cannot cross the middle into the other teams territory and during this time must get items from caves etc
  • All items are crafted, looted from others (medium core) or found exploring the world
  • Putting the opposing team’s gem in your team’s chest wins the game

For any gamemode suggestion, you’re better off completely ignoring existing modes and explaining it from scratch (all the details needed for it to be implemented without knowledge of existing implementations) and only at the end linking to examples