Will I get banned if i do this?

I dont know what topic to use so yeah.

So can I ask?
Will i get banned if my friend votes for me in trading system?
I dont want to get banned so im being cautious.

4 Likes

Not sure, but if you’re asking if you and your friend both vote, you should know that your account, no matter which person is using it, can only have one vote per day.

4 Likes

I dont think you should be banned if you do that but at the same time, that’s sharing your account which could possibly be a bad thing…

These two rules should be responsible for both of you and your friends’ shared account

2 Likes

If you mean that youre too lazy or cant vote in terraria-servers.com, and that instead your friend enters your username in the “nickname” box so it counts as you having voted, then I see no reason why that wouldnt be allowed, and its not really sharing an account, so it probably is allowed.

4 Likes

Oh OK thanks

3 Likes

Wait this is possible?

3 Likes

Yes, it is.

4 Likes

This is in direct violation of:

2 Likes

I think he’s just talking about his friend voting each day so that he doesn’t have to do it himself? What part of those rules is the violation, I’m probably missing something

2 Likes

Read this clause:

Although the voting website is not directly apart of the Terraria server, I think the rules still apply. You are not allowed to have multiple accounts or clients on any extension of Dark Gaming including the the server itself, the DTP, the forum, etc.

3 Likes

It is an exploit that you can abuse to boost your account, so I think it falls under #2

3 Likes

If two people are using the same account so that one person doesnt have to do all the work, is that just boosting because multiple people are doing it even though it’s the same rate?

3 Likes

With this argument, you can justify making a bot to automatically vote, so the no, it’s not acceptable.

4 Likes

Refer to this.

3 Likes

Tbh, I don’t understand why making a bot to vote would be bad either. The whole point of voting is to support the server, and you get rewards because you supported the server. If you take the effort to make a votebot, or even just get a votebot from someone else, you would still be supporting the server, and therefore worthy of the rewards.

It also doesnt seem to be against the rules as terraria-servers.com isn’t the server nor is it owned by the server.

3 Likes

You do realize that terraria-servers.com has Captcha implemented to deter bot voting.

3 Likes

Oh wait yeah, but what im saying still applies to someone voting for you too.
I talked about a votebot since you mentioned it, though now i realize it was just an example that wouldnt work anyways.

3 Likes
  1. You are utilizing a loophole to gain more rewards from the system.

2. There are also other servers on the website, and every vote counts.

3 Likes

I feel that what im saying still applies, and i dont understand how its a loophole. Voting for the server supports it by contributing to it moving up a rank, which would make it more likely to be seen and played by new people. You get rewarded as an incentive to make the server more popular. Whether you got a friend to do it or you did it yourself, and whether you did it for the rewards or because you like the server, your vote still means the same good thing to the server and is rewarded as such.

I dont know how this is relevant or maybe i dont understand what youre saying. If anything the fact that you can only vote for one server out of the many per day means that the vote means more to dark gaming, as only the popularity of dg would be increased rather than both dg and its “competitors”.

While i still feel that friends voting for you shouldnt be banned and isnt banned in the first place, an official statement from rofle is really the only way this could be settled.

3 Likes

The “exploit” is just basically getting your stuff automatically instead of doing it yourself manually. I think terraria-servers.com probably wouldn’t encourage that, even though it wouldn’t work anyway.

2 Likes