Will I get banned for doing this?

If I use a modified version of Terraria (such as Terraria Tweaks 2) will I get banned? Do note I only use 2 tweaks, one which grants the /item command (it is better for getting items such as Final Fractal) and another which makes items like Final Fractal not disappear as soon as they spawn. Also, I only use these in PVE, so if you see me using them elsewhere, feel free to ban me.
So I’m just using Final Fractal in PVE, which I feel is alright due to the fact it’s a working item and isn’t any more O.P than Zenith, which many players use. I’ll post this in both Off-Topic and Terraria Server.

3 Likes

Yes you will, any modified client is strictly prohibited.

3 Likes

oh. :< well at least now I know, and thank you for telling me.

3 Likes

In a similar but different case, someone made a client that automatically warns spammers in chat. They’ve been permanently banned.

3 Likes

The only method to obtain, never mind wield the First Fractal at all is to use a modified client, and since they are all disallowed, no, it is not alright. You will get reported and almost undoubtedly banned if you’re seen using the weapon itself.
I specify “the weapon itself” because a few Zombies maps (Glass Castle for example) have some custom weapons that fire the First Fractal projectile on use, but because they aren’t the Fractal itself, is perfectly allowed as it doesn’t require a modified client to use.

You… you do know that if you register as a member on the server, you can use /i (as a plugin) anywhere except for Survival to grant yourself any item without the need for a modified client, right?

3 Likes

Yes. But it doesn’t grant items such as Final Fractal because in vanilla Terraria, they disappear straight away, and the item doesn’t really have a name, so it gives nothing. Also, it sometimes doesn’t grant normal items. Like once, I needed to say /i twice before it gave me my Inferno Potions.

3 Likes

But I’m fine with it.

3 Likes

What do you mean? I’ve never heard of someone having a problem like this.

If I want Inferno Potions, I’d do this once:
/i inferno potion

3 Likes

I did that. But I needed to do it 3 times. But that only happened once, and it works fine most of the time. Not really a problem.

3 Likes

I think it’s just lag then.

3 Likes

That’s because it’s intended and baked into the game itself, if you will.

First Fractal is one such unobtainable item, and if it chooses to disappear when obtained through any means, then it should. After all, players aren’t meant to have it. Your method of keeping and wielding First Fractal is through use of a modified client, and the Dark Gaming server rules state:

Therefore, why would the use of a server command be exempt from the game itself?

3 Likes