Ways To Improve in PvP?

you know what I mean smh.

8 Likes

Nate forbade answers like that

8 Likes

actually i didnt, i just banned ‘just git gud’ or ‘just play pc’, thats decently helpful

7 Likes

just a question, what class would you use if summjoner wasnt a thing?

and to the people saying summoner is banned because 0 effort as minions auto target, we might as well ban them from survival and vanilla terraria (petition time!) /j

8 Likes

If you wanted that so bad just ask a really skilled player to play summoner

9 Likes

multi-class. Every other class by itself is bad.
Melee: facetanks everything, terrible in prehardmode and first half of hardmode
Ranged; decent in all stages, but good ammo and weapons are extremely costly
Magic: m a n a r e g e n b a d

i wanted to prove myself, i couldnt care less if harmfulcrane or dsaf decided one day to become pure summoner

7 Likes

Nate: complains about how everyone hates summoner
Also nate: proceeds to shit on every other class in the game

13 Likes

summoner also has a weakness, that being low defense
cant think of anything else it lacks (judging by 1.4.3 standards)
but unlike the other three, said weakness is easily negligated (e.g., no-hitting)

6 Likes

Okay here’s the final post I’m going to say to this.
Summoner is dogwater in PvP, it was never intended for PvP usage and only works to a degree because of whips.
“Nightmare King” this isn’t hollow knight, if you said these things to anyone over the age of 13 irl you would quickly sign yourself off being their friend. Roleplay has a time and a place but pushing it, especially at people who don’t know you, in a conversation not relating to it, is irritating and makes people dislike you significantly more.
There’s no merit in being unique, trying to force yourself to stand out by being unique and cool is the literal definition of what everyone considers “cringe”, thus I’d encourage you to try and take your time to be a normal person and converse with people normally.
Some of the hate that’s been spat at you on discord and similar is absurd and unjustified, you’re not a bad person at all, but it’s hard not to see why they’re so bothered by your behaviors. You’re not breaking any rules so don’t take this as a staff warning, you’re fine, just know that socially you’re outcasting yourself of your own volition, and no, it’s not unique or cool, it’s hard to watch.
You’re going to hate yourself in 2 or 3 years if you don’t give yourself a little more respect.

As for actually improving at PvP,
A. stop using summoner, summoner is the worst class to play solo in PvP as the only viable tool it has, whips, arent very good in the first place, and are incredibly exploitable due to generally short range but even worse damage making them bad at the ranges they function at.
Sentries are decent at their job, but they can only be used for cheap damage when someone tries to go into a honey pool, and nothing else. This is merely an inconvenience in FFA and nothing more.
B. PC is a huge help, or at least Chromebook like Madofado. Mobile is a serious hindrance and makes controls 3x slower and clunkier, including swapping and general movement. PC has significantly less of these issues due to having hotkeys and similar.
C. Stop being so narrow minded, build yourself a foundation of skill before doing gimmicky shit - PvP is a game of using what works in each scenario you are in the best in the fastest time possible. Summoner works for approximately 0% of these times.
There’s no merit in being “the only decent summoner pvper” because I’ve already done that, I already had a kit that focused primarily on abusing whips that I went and got a lot of kills in duels vs players like crane and u0a. Beetle has done the same, it’s not a unique or impressive thing anymore it’s just something you’re holding to yourself to restrict yourself more.
You should build a foundation of PvP skills BEFORE trying to do something weird and quirky like this, because it will be fruitless if you don’t have the natural abilities to back up using factually worse gear than everyone else.
You build this foundation by playing PvP with more standard kits, you don’t have to use a 1:1 kit with paladins hammer heat ray tsunami betsys sniper, but people gravitate towards this gear for a reason, it’s consistent, relatively easy to use, and deals modest damage.
If you can use this gear, you can swap to other gear and not suffer in results.
D. Practice practice practice, the kit “TrainingTangerine” exists for a reason, it’s a kit I made with minimal weapons in order to try and help newer players use weapons at proper timings, each weapon on the kit is to be used at a certain spacing and timing, paladin’s hammer at a close mid range, heat ray at a long mid range, sniper at an extended long range, starlight/possessed hatchet at an even closer than hammer range.
I advise you practice that.

13 Likes

No, you’re not. It seems like you take pride in playing on console/mobile terraria when you were what- 5? 6? 7 years old? Either way it’s pretty annoying and it doesn’t help you look better.
Sorry if this reply comes off as rude at all, I’m just being honest.

10 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with playing on mobile, some players have to work with what they’ve got.

9 Likes

Needed to be said, amen

10 Likes

I never said there was. I only said it’s slightly annoying that he takes so much pride in playing for a long time, in better words : I just didn’t like how he seemed to brag about it.
Current situation aside, sup big Russ? I’ve seen you play plenty ever since when I think you first became active on DG, but can’t recall ever directly talking to you as I was always on alts (Imperfect Demise, cia2000). And congrats on getting moderator.

11 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it.

10 Likes

Spam snipeeeeeeeeer and obviously be on pc

12 Likes

Hey that sounds like me lol

9 Likes

As much as it isnt really my business, This whole situation seems pretty avoidable to be frank with you, I think blanc is right in how your acting and how you can improve in playing
Don’t try to take what he or anyone else has said as offensive or rude, if anything he’s encouraging you to change how your acting so you can better fit into the rest of the community in dark gaming
But if you do truly want to just main summoner only and shun what others will say and make comments in threads about why the summoner class is bad in DG and that should change, then go ahead but like blanc said; that’s just cutting you further from the community and it’s potential enjoyment.

10 Likes

IN THE DEFENSE OF NATE,

this isnt why he is called the nightmare king, its because of this V V V (he made no reference to playing hollow knight to my knowledge (yes i know this is irellebant but i)

in my opinion, role playing is cool (figure 1, Glasia aka the police demon), but i wasnt active for a few weeks on terraria dg so i wouldnt know (also i have like 3 mentions of his nightmare king title here so apparently he talks about it 23.9999/7 but almost never talks about it here? seems odd

also if you refer Nightmare king title to hollow knight, i am a much better pic like have you even seen my pfp

in short, im like the second most worthy for the nightmare king role

i think he would be 4 or 5 someting like that, or he bought terraria on a DS so his version is outdated or something like that

also whats wrong with this anyways? (unless it was at the point of PURE annoyance, like diabolist level (they suck)) in my opinion, role playing is cool (figure 1, Glasia aka the police demon), but i wasnt active for a few weeks on terraria dg so i wouldnt know (also i have like 3 mentions of his nightmare king title here so apparently he talks about it 23.9999/7 but almost never talks about it here? seems odd

IN THE … A N T I D E F E N S E … OF NATE,

you find lepus challenging? no wonder everyone is grilling on you about everything
(i started playing terraria in 2019, but i have the ds version which is pretty backdated)

(also i technically played 2018/17 but it was on a pirated version of terraria and all i did was use builders workshop which i had)

i was referring to what class would you use in PVP if summoner didnt exist, not vanilla

i am amazing at ranting (this is the new glasia player report, isnt it?)

also dont people use the keldeoscope or is that just my thought?

8 Likes

Role playing is cool, I agree, I actively play DnD and am learning to be a DM, but there’s NOTHING worse than someone who roleplays in public around people who aren’t roleplaying. It’s awful, you cannot force your characters on other people without immediately being obnoxious, that’s the problem here.
You want to give yourself titles? Sure, whatever man, but keep it to yourself or to groups who are encouraging to random open free rp

Taking pride in something is fine, but flexing it and flaunting it constantly, especially when it’s literally not something impressive but is just a feat of existence for an extended period of time, is annoying.
It’s seeking attention, or worse it’s trying to invalidate or make others around you feel inferior.
Google “Inferiority Complex”

9 Likes

lepus is challenging when you fight it with lead armor and no arena

i definitely didnt do this in 2018

8 Likes