Ways To Improve in PvP?

I’ve been hearing a lot recently about my skill issues in pvp, and I’ve been wondering exactly how to improve
i have already watched Dsaf’s movement guide to pvp, I’ve read both guides to pvp, and yet I don’t really feel like I’m improving. I’m mobile ipad, so suggesting a larger moniter size or whatever doesnt help me. I know mobilers are general stereotypical bad pvpers, but several people (skemor, dgrs, mr dumdum) have shown that mobile pvpers still have potential… my main problems being:

• bumping into things (a lot of things)

• swapping

ive already fixed a few of my hooking and aggro issues, but…
if its all simply up to experience (which I don’t have lmao), could somebody tell me?

DISCLAIMER: ‘just git gud’ isnt really a good answer… im being more or less serious
I have a grand total of $5 and overprotective parents, so telling me to start using a pc doesnt help me either.

10 Likes

I get the similar replies too if someone talks about my pvp skills.
(But due to my “demon” reputation/negative charisma no one if the regulars dares to say that in a direct way)

But I think the main thing is just practise (i.e. try many things) regularly.
You had a ban waiting 8 months to be appealed, they not.
(I have the experience for waiting 3 weeks on an appeal but for a Phase ban in August last year for breaking a rule not listed in S1, so I can imagine)

Ask people for duel.
(I tried but at one point was so bad that duel wishes got denied so i stopped).

6 Likes

step 1: don’t play summoner

8 Likes

i play on mobile, and yes it is possible to be good

This you just need practice, and with mobile you should focus on hooking a lot since you have to shoot in one direction to make your cursor and hook go that way. Cartdashing is harder on mobile but it’s still possible (although its less important without most cdash rails now).

Try using loadouts with just a few weapons, and don’t use very strong melee (at first). A large trap a lot of people fall into is just using any weapons randomly in the hopes that they might possibly get hits, or rushing melee nonstop in the hope that they’ll do enough damage to kill someone, since melee can have huge DPS. Melee rushing is a viable strategy, but its important to do it right and be good at other things first. Also, don’t use 3 summon weapons since they fall into like one category and are useless otherwise

7 Likes

although you play on mobile by technicality, you still have a keyboard and mouse setup, while nate is pure mobile

10 Likes

Protegent Antivirus' "Yes" | Know Your Meme

You can still be good at swapping and movement even on mobile, dgrs is a good example of both and skemor was pretty good at movement

7 Likes

It’s about predicting your enemies’ movement, their weapons, and what weapons to use in certain situations.

It may take months or on occasion years to get it under control.
You simply need to get a proper loadout and move on from there.

7 Likes

patience my padawan… you’ll learn soon enough.

8 Likes

Yes it is just as Madofado stated. Controlled/calculated movement, quick/controlled swaps, and decent accuracy. It just takes practice, the top players of DG’s PvP have been doing this for years. Too bad I can’t master these concepts myself, I’ve tried. xD

8 Likes

the process of getting good at pvp as a mobile user

1. buy a pc
  2. leave mobile and become a pc user
  3. buy terraria on steam and play pvp
  4. live a happier life.

i hope this helps :+1:

10 Likes

i specifically stated not to say this

8 Likes

i once aspired fo be the first decent summoner pvper, can you believe that xD
not playing summoner in pvp again until 1.4.1 comes to mobile, my whip range is in sore need of improvement
but yea, ill take that in mind

8 Likes

lol if this was in the help category, this would be the solution
great tips mado, soon your pathetic keyboard-mouse setup with be nothing! nyehehehe

9 Likes

if you are the only pvp summoner, you are the best pvp summoner

7 Likes

never said best lol

edit: same thing now that i think about it, but my mission was to prove that summoner could be decent

8 Likes

Yikes we’re same but you are better pvp player than me lmao. Some players telling me noob or skill issue and yikes that’s annoying. They don’t believe me that i am lagging so badly.I can dash well,i can fight but when the lags come then i am dead…

And my phone is old :older_man:

8 Likes

Well u can be good in mobile pvp by practicing especially duel with person who have the same level as u and also try to aim snipers and swap faster than u before,I also cant perform well when lag is on my side
My parents are overprotective my family is anti gaming haha i cant play pc also my pc is low end :frowning:

9 Likes

Me even i vant dash when lag is there

9 Likes

You can always just hide and set up traps and sentries. Although, you are quite disadvantaged when fighting against melee PC users – the only way to have a chance of escaping pursuers is having a wing that can speed up when you hold the jump button while holding down (makes you go horizontal at a really fast speed when on mobile).

In short, lurk around and aoe away.

Mobile players ftw.

A camper’s arsenal:

• Rainbow Gun
  • Crimson Rod
  • Nimbus Rod
  • Clinger Staff
  • Lightning Aura Staff
9 Likes

This is wrong- the base speed of hover wings is slower than that of ones that don’t have the hover function (solar, stardust), and since you move horizontally, you basically present yourself as a easy target. This isn’t a great strategy either lol, there are great antirush and other dps options to counter people rushing

7 Likes