Leaderboards

Its based NOT on weakness of weapons. Its based on damage/uniques

Ill watch how u will use sentry on hill house

2 Likes

Its based NOT on the weakness of weapons. Its based on damage/uniques

What?
If you’re trying to say that Dual Wield being completely ineffective when used with a large variety of weapons while Sentry is usable anywhere to completely cheese the gamemode isn’t a point in Sentry’s favour, then I’d say you’re quite wrong.

I’d like to see you use Sentry on Hill House.

Simple. Jump on the roof, plant a Minigun Sentry to farm early rounds from safety, later adding a Snipe Sentry to deal with the tanky flying enemies. Alternatively, put a Nade sentry in the middle of the first floor to fling enemies away from doors when opened, or place Emitters inside the house to allow players out when the doors are covered, or place a Tank in the center of the first floor so that every single enemy for several rounds rushes ineffectively past the players hiding on the second floor blasting them from above and crowds a target which barely takes any damage whatsoever and can be fully healed at the end of every single round. There is no wrong map for a Sentry, especially a Tank one. It’s just amazingly easy to use and simplifies every game to a quick and dirty shootout. You could even use a Tank, Emitter or Nade to guard an ammo chest so you can always access it without damage-boosting through a zombie horde.

3 Likes

Jump
On roof
R u kidding me

Dual is useful on all maps. Now imagine use sentry on mystic, cryptic or hill. Not now, i wanna take pop-corn

Loooool. R u know what do this abil

2 Likes

No, I’m not kidding you. It’s possible, albeit fairly difficult. And I just told you all the ways to use Sentry on Hill House. People rarely use it on Cryptic, Mystic and so on, but I think any player can benefit from the Diabolists shooting elsewhere on r16+. In fact, several of my runs on Mystic have ended simply because foes kept on overrunning the players when, with a Tank, they would only be shooting at an immovable wall—Mystic’s lack of good mobility items makes Tanks all the much better for their aggro-drawing capabilities.

Loooool. R u know what do this abil

Given the condescending tone of your previous messages towards me, I don’t know if you’re trying to insult my intelligence or make a point. But I’m thinking it’s the former, in which case: can you not?

3 Likes

Dual is useful on all maps

Hill House. The Gunslinger class relies on Explosive Bullets from fairly early on to essentially the endgame, but Explosive Bullets have a negative synergy with Dual Wield as I mentioned earlier, especially with the high-spread guns and shotguns which are most prominent in Gunslingers thanks to their higher max tier and ammo conservation respectively.

Winter’s Howl. The Knight class is essential for a good game thanks to its tanking abilities (unless you’re using a Tank Sentry, which only furthers my point of Sentry being superior, or if you have a Shaman boosting everyone’s HP at zero cost, which furthers my other point of Shamans being superior), and receives little to no benefit from Dual Wield thanks to its true melee weaponry. While the pumpkins are indeed doubled by the ability (if I remember correctly), another item is hindered: Magnet Sphere, the high-knockback weapon given to Knights to get enemies off their backs and into lava pits, is nullified by Dual Wield thanks to only allowing one sphere to be out at a time. And, to only rub further salt in the wound, Knights have low mobility which is solved by the powers of Telekinesis and Time Warp. Not Dual Wield.

In addition, the Faith class which is also essential to a good game thanks to its immense damage allowing it to pick right up where the Knight falls off has an issue with Dual Wield: the secondary projectiles become wildly inaccurate and difficult to hit as they rain slowly from the sky. The weapons become quite expensive, and in my experience remaining ability-less for the lower costs or getting Guardian as a substitute Knight (if you don’t already have a Knight or Sentry user) is the better option.

3 Likes

This is how effective abilities are on (most) maps. Personally, I’ve found Dual Wield to be decent at best, I usually don’t use abilities, but it’s not as incredible as your reduction would suggest. Flaef is more experienced than me, though.

3 Likes

A similar suggestion was made before this one. The discussion below the topic is proof that a suggestion like this might not work all that well.

3 Likes