A DP increase for harder working players

So, this suggestion was originally from yems’ suggestion.

So how this would work is the server would detect the player(s) who have the most kills and/or overall points and grant them a slight DP gain. (Overall is total points, even if you lost some from buying things) The player who has done the least work and has the least amount of kills and/or overall points wont gain as much DP as other harder worker.

An example will be for everyone having a x1 DP multiplier/gain:

5 players would be in the map, fighting zombies.
One player has more kills and points than anyone else. They would gain a slight DP gain than the others, putting them at around x1.05 - x1.1.
The player doing the least will loose a small amount of a DP multiplier putting them to around x0.95 - x0.9. For players that are all close to evenly doing the work, they all will gain a slight bonus.

To prevent a potential exploit, this won’t apply to lobbies by yourself. This is basically rewarding hard working players who do the work. There will, however, be a cap to this. The highest multiplier/gain you can achieve is around x1.75 and the lowest is x0.5.
I can apply any extra information that you think looks odd or don’t understand.

Added: Detects how many players there are to prevent exploit
Will punish all players if a certain amount of them do nothing

What kinds of exploits could be pulled off to cheat this system in private lobbies?

If it’s inactive or afk alts boosting your gains, you can still do that in a public lobby.

6 Likes

Well, because being alone would give you an advantage because no one else would be fighting and you would gain a lot more.

5 Likes

It should also detect the number of players to prevent that.

Oh wait

6 Likes

It doesn’t matter if it’s solo or not. The more effort you put, the more DP you should get. Because solo requires more effort, right?

7 Likes

Nyes because no one is attempting to take the cap that you would currently own, hitting the cap really quickly

4 Likes

That’s what I said, it could be done in public lobbies too.

I can see why solo lobbies should not benefit from this, but can’t see any major reason for private lobbies not having this system.

Maybe punish the whole lobby if there are a certain percantage of players that do barely nothing or nothing at all?

6 Likes

Thats an idea… I can change the private lobbies part too

4 Likes

Why does this exist?

6 Likes

Because it keeps going up to a cap because that would be too quick to gain DP. It also punishes the player who did the least amount of work

4 Likes

How would this apply with the addition of guests, who are unable to gain DP?

6 Likes

If a player does nothing, they should get no DP. There shouldn’t be a limit on how little DP you should get, because no effort still would mean earning.

And for higher amounts, there should be no limit on that either (except in the testing phase, because there might be some major exploit). People who put 2x the effort should get 2x the DP. Same with 3x, 4x, and so on. I know you could easily empty the banks with this, but hey, they earned it fair and square.

7 Likes

While yes, they dont gain DP from it due to being guests, the guests will have no impact on the DP gain for the others.

4 Likes

Maybe this can be implemented for point earnings as well, boosting the efforts of Guests.

5 Likes

I shall make some calculations and be back in a while…

4 Likes

That solves this problem:

5 Likes

This also means that if a guest kills a mob, all potential DP from that mob is lost completely, which is why I withdrew my post.

6 Likes

Having zero impact seems unlikely, even if you entirely removed them from the actual equation. If there are a number of guests doing all of the work, how would a scaling feature apply to a lobby?

Namely speaking, how would this be applied in a lobby where guests are doing the majority of contributions? If 400/500 zombies were killed by guests, and the remaining 100 by 3 members, would they(the members) still gain the same boost/loss towards DP relative to the amount they’ve done, with a marginally lower frame of kills?

7 Likes

Alright, to answer this, guests in this multiplier virtually won’t exist on it. Even if a guest is doing most of the work, it’s the players who get the multiplier. As you stated, whichever of the members who has higher points and/or kills will gradually gain that multiplier. A guest will be unable to gain that multiplier or have it.

A response to yems is that for this, when a guest kills a mob, 0.05 DP will be earned for the actual players from the guest because the guest cannot earn DP

4 Likes

In your words, a guest would be doing the work and 3 other players only do a small amount. The guest will not be able to hold that multiplier and, for what ever the players gain in points/kills, that will cause their own multiplier to go up

3 Likes