A DP increase for harder working players

Since DP is earned every round in zombies and -as far as I know- not the amount of contribution, this suggestion could just be changed so that the system grants the player a set amount of DP for every zombie killed.

This is not affected by other players, so problems about this system can be avoided.

The DP per zombie amount scales up the same way the current DP earnings per round scale up, and a slightly smaller amount of DP earnings per round would be given.

5 Likes

But this is that with added contribution. As you stated, contribution is not included. I added this due to being able to gain DP with doing nothing in a round. This punishes those that do that and the opposite for those who work hard

3 Likes

And that is what the new system I thought of does.

Less DP per round, more DP for contribution.

4 Likes

Your suggestion doesn’t include the intended punishment part. Instead, all you do is get a contribution if you participate, but otherwise, you gain the same amount as you do with the current system if you do nothing.

4 Likes

(the usage of “slightly smaller” is an underexaggeration, I just couldn’t find the right words that are between “slightly smaller” and “smaller”)

Edit: I guess it could be “smaller”, that’s the punishment!

4 Likes

That isn’t what I meant. The earnings part + the DP from the system now is fine, but what I see is the intended punishment part wanting to remove the benefits(or provide a deterrent to) that people currently gain from doing nothing.

Meaning that players whom do nothing still get the current DP rewards(if you aren’t suggesting to entirely remove that for people who do nothing), if I understood that correctly.
The slight gain in DP for killing zombies isn’t a deterrent to what they currently get now, instead it’s just a slight incent to make people do a little bit more. That’s not a bad thing, but the difference between the gain for killing zombies, the inexistent loss for not doing so, with the current systems rewards as a base, doesn’t provide enough of a deterrent to make people consider playing properly if they want DP, since they’ll only be getting slightly less rewards if they join a random lobby and do nothing.

5 Likes

Being AFK in a lobby without everyone’s agreement -though I’m not sure about that part- is not allowed, so the “doing nothing” part can be partially subverted.

As I mentioned before, doing nothing grants you minimal gains -along with the fact that DP multipliers are probably going to be smaller in maps that you can camp in-, so farming is not that good anyways.

The punishment here is that the amount DP that people gain from the end of the round is much smaller, so you have to kill enough zombies to get the usual amount of -or even more- DP that you earn in the current system.

To summarise; you earn a very small amount of DP without contribution, which deters the practice of AFK farming because of how long it takes with this new payout system.

4 Likes

That introduces the possibility of other players being an issue, depending on how much lower the DP gain-per-round is from the current system, which I’d assume is a fair bit if its meant to affect people not contributing much.
Essentially, the issue of players is brought up for similar reasons to the original suggestion. How do guests and other members affect this? If guests have the majority of kills, how likely are members to gain lower DP rewards than what is considered the usual amount of the system now? In a similar sense, if members go nearly even in kills, give or take, there’s the possibility that it completely cancels out the loss or gain at the same time, to receive the same amount of DP you do presently since nobody is triumphing or losing to another person.

5 Likes
  1. The round end DP bonus could possibly be scaled up using some kinda calculation using Guest contribution and Member contribution, but I’m not sure if that is possible/can be implemented correctly.
  1. What you said here isn’t a problem in my eyes. In the original suggestion the DP multiplier would’ve stayed the same for everyone. Here, the same amount of DP is earned for everyone.

This suggestion’s goal is to not have someone triumphing or losing to someone, rather it is to encourage players to contribute to the game and earn even more DP than ever by working hard.

5 Likes

Honestly this seems like a good idea because of the fact that gaining DP can also be somewhat slow in some cases like even if the person who’s doing more work gets less DP doesn’t sound balanced or fair. Also survival zombies could also have more use now with the higher end DP increase from it.

5 Likes

Players who do nothing the entire time will get a 0.00x multiplier.

6 Likes

That was mostly an example for what I previously said. In order for everyone to hope to get the standard reward, you’d need everyone in the lobby going equal, and depending on the round, going equal might not make that happen, and instead just be a loss.

As it stands, it is very unlikely for ANY consistent gain to happen in a lobby, and obviously, it’s usually the better person who has a higher chance of getting any bonus. You can argue that it’s not a bad thing, since that may encourage contribution(or at least to work harder), but the difference from that system to the current system is going to be a very influencing one for anyone consciously aware of DP gain. You aren’t promising any better results for DP gain than the current system, and instead, its a fairly high chance of promised loss in a lobby paired with more than two trading members. It’d be a very questionable change for the general player base when you consider it’d be like that for the sole reason that it was only intended to rule out the people not contributing as much.

5 Likes

You’re definitely right, I guess this sorta thing can only be there to punish AFK players.

5 Likes

I think the better measure of how much someone has worked is either number of hits or number of points gained. Farming does take effort, and counting kills is a double-edged sword; it could be someone putting in effort to defend their team and self, or it could be a person not cooperating with their team and killing off every farm on sight.

I don’t know if you meant this or not, but number of POINTS sounds slightly unfair—users can, after all, donate points. Number of points GAINED would negate this, instead rewarding farms.

Also, number of revivals could be a factor—it’s hard to deliberately kill your teammates, and when such a deed is done it generally does not come with the intention to revive them afterwards.

I fully support this suggestion otherwise, though. Hope it gets added.

8 Likes