Leaderboards

Apart from leaderboards to show the top players, this is pretty similar to A DP increase for harder working players - #35 by Flaef

I agree with the overall idea of more DP for harder working players, and i like the leaderboard idea, but there are some questions/problems.

Since you don’t gain all your DP at the end of a map and instead throughout the map, how would the multiplier be applied? Could there be a leaderboard every round, with those leaders getting the multiplier applied to their earning for that round and then the overall leaders for the game would show up when it ends, or would it count how much DP you gained throughout the game and then multiply the DP and give you the 0.2 (or whatever the multiplier would be) at the end of the game?

Some of the leaderboard factors are pretty pointless. Since damage dealt already exists, mobs killed shouldn’t be a factor. Theyre basically the same thing and mobs killed is worse as killstealing could exist. I feel that this factor should also be 2 or 3 times as important as other factors.

Revived players factor is good.

Times dying should not give negative percent, it would just do nothing. If youre able to do the same amount pf damage as someone else even though you died - you contributed the same amount, you shouldnt have a negative%. People may have to risk their lives to revive you, but they gain your points and get higher on the leaderboard anyways. 

Teammates healed and shaman hp healed should be the same category, as theyre basically the same thing. It might be impossible for the server to track who did spectre heals and who buffed people with nebula though.

Shaman max hp factor is good.

Im not sure about time stopped but its still good.

Telekinesis pushes should not be a factor. You usually only use telekinesis to save yourself, and it ends up hurting other players accidentally. Greifers also exist.
3 Likes