Leaderboards

A new idea: in the end of each game alert 3 best ppl. And with it increase DP gain
1st place 1.2x
2nd place 1.1x
3rd place 1.05x

Leader will count by:

Damage dealt (%)
Mobs killed (%)
People revived (%)
Died (times) //negative
Teammates healed (hp) (%){Nebula, spectre armor}
Hp healed (amount){shaman}
Max hp gained (amount) {shaman}
Time stopped (amount) {time warp}
Enemies pushed (amount of using) {telekinesis}

Abilities penalty:

-5%: Coward, guardian, valiant
-10%: telekinesis, wish, barrage, time warp,
-15%: shaman, sentry
-25%: dual wield

Apart from leaderboards to show the top players, this is pretty similar to A DP increase for harder working players - #35 by Flaef

I agree with the overall idea of more DP for harder working players, and i like the leaderboard idea, but there are some questions/problems.

Since you don’t gain all your DP at the end of a map and instead throughout the map, how would the multiplier be applied? Could there be a leaderboard every round, with those leaders getting the multiplier applied to their earning for that round and then the overall leaders for the game would show up when it ends, or would it count how much DP you gained throughout the game and then multiply the DP and give you the 0.2 (or whatever the multiplier would be) at the end of the game?

Some of the leaderboard factors are pretty pointless. Since damage dealt already exists, mobs killed shouldn’t be a factor. Theyre basically the same thing and mobs killed is worse as killstealing could exist. I feel that this factor should also be 2 or 3 times as important as other factors.

Revived players factor is good.

Times dying should not give negative percent, it would just do nothing. If youre able to do the same amount pf damage as someone else even though you died - you contributed the same amount, you shouldnt have a negative%. People may have to risk their lives to revive you, but they gain your points and get higher on the leaderboard anyways. 

Teammates healed and shaman hp healed should be the same category, as theyre basically the same thing. It might be impossible for the server to track who did spectre heals and who buffed people with nebula though.

Shaman max hp factor is good.

Im not sure about time stopped but its still good.

Telekinesis pushes should not be a factor. You usually only use telekinesis to save yourself, and it ends up hurting other players accidentally. Greifers also exist.
3 Likes

All points gained from a game counts (during game) and at the end gives you that percentage

1 Like

I made this cuz it linked with crazier idea, but about that later

1 Like

If someone does all the work then leaves, everybody else gets so much DP even though they didn’t do anything

This could also be combined with Flaef’s suggestion, more specifically showing who was the best every round

1 Like

Anyway, u can add from my suggestion

Others idk

1 Like

Won’t all the [number of times __ has been used] points counteract the percentage using an ability takes off? And also, how would Nebula healing be tracked per player?

2 Likes

There should not be an extra ability penalty.

3 Likes

Why does Nether hate dual wield lol

2 Likes

U dealing double damage, so receiving is almost halved

1 Like

Hp, not player

2 Likes

Pick dual and go be always first. This is grind

2 Likes

Me first time use dual wield
“hecc why everything is expensive?!”

2 Likes

No, I mean the amount of HP each player heals. How will that be tracked? Nebula Armour’s Life Boosters give their buff to players who pick them up as well as nearby same-team players, but how would the system tell who gave what buff, how much each player heals when the buff is stackable while those three buffs are not necessarily being given by the same player? How will the system tell who spawns which buff booster?

3 Likes

At the end of each game? or at the end of each round?

3 Likes

So? If you dealt more damage you contributed more, and therefore deserve the extra rewards. What youre saying is like someone saying “People with better weapons should recieve less rewards because its unfair they do more damage”.

4 Likes

Not necessarily. Magnet Sphere doesn’t work with Dual Wield. Some weapons make it extremely hard to hit all of your shots with Dual Wield. Explosive Bullets have a negative synergy with Dual Wield. And weapons with piercing projectiles, even if both the regular and Dual Wield ones hit, will not have the weapon’s DPS doubled. I agree that Dual Wield is hella effective, but not as effective as you’re saying it is.

3 Likes

according to NetherOw, the dp that you gained throughout the game will be tracked and you recieve the multiplier at the end of the game.

3 Likes

DP is earned per completed round.

3 Likes

And again, won’t the bonuses for warping time, pushing or pulling enemies, healing players with Shaman counteract their respective percentage penalties?

Come to think of it, why doesn’t Shaman have a higher percentage decrease? Same with Sentry, actually—both are just as good as Dual Wield, if not better. Sentry literally has no map on which it cannot utterly simplify the game and massively decrease the difficulty, and Shaman has only one weakness in the form of Cryptic Castle with its buy-our-entire-stock HP costs.

Dual Wield is legitimately worse than these two abilities in a great majority of situations, so how come they’re only a 15% decrease in “leaderboard score” earning whereas Dual Wield has a 40% decrease?

4 Likes