Leaderboards

Hes saying that how much you earned from all the round will be combined (if you get 15dp r1, 20 r2, 30 r3) that would be 65 combined, and at the end of the game you would be given 20% extra of 65 if your multiplier is 1.2x

3 Likes

Does this mean that the multiplier is applied to the sum of all DP earned?

Alright, this wasn’t clarified in the original post.

3 Likes

if thats what netherow is saying, yes

3 Likes

How would this work if there are three players or less?

What happens if there’s only one player?

3 Likes

I dont think you should get an ability penalty at all. If you have an ability and are using it to contribute more than normal to the game, you shouldnt get a penalty to your “team score”. You contributed more and therefore should get more rewards.

3 Likes

1st place bonus

2 Likes

K, why abil penalty exist at all! Let players with dual pay same, as person without abil. Its other? HOW? Thats the SAME! But theres DP, not points

2 Likes

The thing is, there are bonuses for using these abilities listed, such as how much HP you heal with Shaman. However, these bonuses seem to only exist for the top-tier abilities, therefore you get an unnecessary penalty for using ineffective abilities such as Wish and difficult-to-use abilities such as Valiant, while Shaman and Time Warp’s penalties get minimised or even fully defeated by both the radical power of the abilities ingame and the extra leaderboard score earned for using them as intended, which you’ll do quite a bit in a normal game.

3 Likes

I mean, remove the ability penalty for everything. Though i suppose maybe shaman and time warp should get some penalty.

3 Likes

This may be true, but there is also the point reduction. By this logic, Shaman should recieve a positive boost, since they do damage to your own teammates…? Because of the point reduction, these should at least be nerfed to smaller amounts.

3 Likes

Dual Wield is not as effective as you seem to believe it is, as I explained earlier. And there’s already a penalty for using abilities in the first place—everything gets a price increase, of 25% for every ability but Sentry and 75% for Sentry in specific.

3 Likes

Im talking about the dp leaderboard penalty that you want to exist. I agree that dual wield and other abilities should pay more points.

3 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Shaman and Sentry massively outpower Dual Wield.

3 Likes

Dont understand, but
Shaman has additional way to grant points
Sentry increases kills and dmg

2 Likes

Now happy?!

2 Likes

I guess there no point arguing about this since this suggestion isnt being accepted anyways.

4 Likes

yup, u r unlucky)))

2 Likes

R u using only magnet sphere and explosive bullets???

2 Likes

It also doubles snowlake (cool whip) chlorofyte bonus set etc…

2 Likes

25% for Dual Wield is at least closer to the others, but I still find Shaman and Sentry more flexible. While Dual Wield has the weaknesses of:
• Explosive Bullets (often launch into the ground below the player)
• Piercing weapons (a massive range of weapons which get little to no benefit from Dual Wield)
• Magnet Sphere / Crimson Rod (cannot place two clouds / spheres, cancelling both)
• Non-projectile items (plenty of true melee weapons in Zombies maps)

Shaman has one weakness:
• Cryptic Castle (Cryptic is already unbalanced—barely a weakness)

And Sentry?
• No

Sentry is the most amazingly powerful and versatile tool of map-breaking to exist, turning every terrible situation into a simple, easy-to-manage farm even at the very beginning of the game. Dual Wield cannot compare with just how many weapons it has little to no to even a negative synergy with. Shaman, too, is an unstoppably powerful ability with only one map it’s slightly below sublime on. I think that, if the leaderboard score penalties for using abilities remain, Shaman and Sentry definitely deserve an equal or even larger one than Dual Wield.

It also doubles the Cool Snowflake from Cool Whip and the Crystal Leaf shots from Chlorophyte Armour.

I’d like to focus on the Crystal Leaf here—it fires directly at enemies. Dual Wield’s angle does it no favours and the secondary shots rarely hit. While Cool Whip does have a pretty good synergy with Dual Wield, the only time I can think of where the Cool Snowflake is effective is on Catacombs, where Sentry and Shaman are both extremely good for allowing players to ascend to the practically necessary second- and third-floor gear unchallenged, and giving the players enough health to withstand and escape being cornered by enemies, respectively. I find the trio quite equal on that map.

3 Likes