Large timeslot where DG is left virtually unstaffed

It seems that a very large period of time that I am online there are very few or no staff members online to deal with players in PvE or Gamemodes using modified clients. In the last hour I have put five reports in and am not sure if they have been seen to or dealt with, which isn’t the main issue since I get that you staff do need to live your lives too. My issue is that from 10:00 PM UST to 8:00 AM UST there are consistently few or no staff members online. I feel this may be unfair to the players in Gamemodes and PvE, since this is their spare time to play, and a lot of times they have to try to play around these cheaters, which ruin zombies lobbies, and have unfair advantage in PvE boss fights. I do realize that these cheating player might be being dealt with at a later time, but this does not change the fact that players are being forced to play with them constantly. Am I worried for no reason? Sorry if this feels like a rant, I am very passionate about this server, and only wish to give each player a fair chance and an enjoyable time when online.

4 Likes

I have ran into this issue many times honestly and having a staff member that consistently plays in gamemodes during this time slot and in general would help immensely

4 Likes

I can relate so much to this.
During the past few months i’ve been feeling like getting help from a moderator is becoming harder and harder every day, not because they aren’t attendant, i think it’s mostly because current staff has pretty varied schedule and being someone who plays quite frequently im not seeing staff very often probably because of this.
I am right now on a point where if i see a player using modified clients all i can do is just wait for them to leave, they don’t give me time to make a report here or in the discord player reports, let alone wait for a moderator to be available, so is not playing while they leave or asking for help if it happens to be a moderator online.
Not demanding these issues to be solved instantly because i know how much work it’s being put into the server every day, just letting know how things are going right now.

5 Likes

I started playing Zombies a bit more… but I’m going back to college now, so I’m less active. Uh… sorry?

3 Likes

No I am not blaming anyone, nor saying that the current staff are not doing what they can in the time available, I just feel a little helpless during the mentioned hours above is all.

3 Likes

from 10:00 PM UST to 8:00 AM UST there are consistently few or no staff members online

isn’t 10pm like 3pm mst? This is when people are usually the most active on all fronts. 8am ust is 1am most, which is around when crane and I typically will be going to bed, I often see crane online at these hours.
The problem is not that there are few or no staff members online, rather that the majority of staff are not staff who actively go out of their way to handle player reports.

I feel this may be unfair to the players in Gamemodes and PvE

This is unfair in the same manner that players from the UK and AU have an increased ping by nature, we’re at the mercy of players who are available at these hours applying and succeeding in their application.

DG is actively one of the better servers in this regard, our anticheat is much stronger than most but inevitably it’s not perfect if it’s even put into place to begin with.
That being said, I’m not writing this to write off what you’re posting about, just that this is the help and support channel, there’s not much we can help with.

All I can really encourage from here is to apply for Moderator or Helper, and keep filing reports! (following the moderator report format if you apply, obviously)

4 Likes

Iirc helper is not a thing anymore because no one was there to review helper applications.

1 Like

I am sorry if I came off sounding like staff is doing nothing because that isn’t what I think. I do agree with what you have said too for the most part regarding ping, but cheating players are preventable. Also I applied for moderator around 10 days ago so, and am just working through the steps and filing reports as you recommended.

2 Likes

:trolleybus:
(disclaimer not serious)

2 Likes

I don’t think, that that is the right spot to just post a :trolleybus: as an answer. Because this is the help channel.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.