I'm Debating If I Should Apply For Moderator

Idk I’ve probably taken my “duck lord” concept far past the point of being socially acceptable, mature, and not blatantly cringy, but I dug my own grave on that one. Tbh I’m surprised people aren’t telling me to just shut up at this point. I actually did that when I came back to the server after a 3-5 year hiatus. I came back and everyone that I had known was gone (Rip Summy and A68). I did that so I could differentiate myself from everyone else, and maybe become known in the community. It worked I suppose, but at what cost idk lmao. We are all searching for acknowledgement from others, and want to feel like we are a part of something bigger than ourselves. Lets be honest, that is probably the reason most of us continue to hop on the server (other than for free items and whatnot). Don’t beat yourself up over the small things, you just have to be you. I’m just lucky that the whole duck thing didn’t get me chased off lmao.

8 Likes

honestly I didn’t think it was a self-appointed title, i thought it was some inside joke I’m not ancient enough to know.

same. RIP my old pvp teachers ‘Sniper :*D’ without the * because the emoji converter is stupid and dgrs who now doesnt even remember me :sob: , as well as ‘togcoj’ and ‘Speed’. They all apparently died while I was gone :skull:

5 Likes

why is it that every time nate puts an off topic thread about dark gaming, it becomes twitter 2.0 (not in the mood to accidentally make me feel quilty for lots of minutes and days via a nate-thread, so ill just agree with elric walker)

also, people were talking behind your back (metaphorically) in one zombies hc match

5 Likes

I’m not sure, it’s not like there’s a common denominator or anything. Nope, no common threads between what I post. I don’t see any patterns at all. Nope. I’m so confused what happens.

5 Likes

Wym, pvp skills are some of all that a mod has, just look at legolas

7 Likes

Then look at me… -_-

11 Likes

I think you can only expect realistically someone being 10% more mature than their age, i. e. e.g. from a 12.9 yo to act like a (12.9+1.29=) 14.19 yo.
Or 17.7 yo to act like (17.7+1.77=) 19.47 yo. More is not realistic within the next month.

Apply anyways, no one knows what will happen.

What about Rofle and Neverbeen?

5 Likes

just because all mods share a similartiy, doesnt mean that all future mods need to share it

all mods follow the rouxls (pronounced rules), becasue you need to follow the rouxls (pronounced rules) to be mod

but all mods have vowels in their name, but that doesnt mean my good friend qwrtpglk cant be mod

6 Likes

tbf my pvp skills are basically run around with sniper rifle :lul:

10 Likes

same

but with revolver

and hexxed branch

7 Likes

I have heard that Rofle used to have pretty good aim back in like 1.2.

7 Likes

I was good friends with dgrs, I miss him tbh. Don’t even know what’s going on and honestly hope he is ok.

7 Likes

I remember spamming tblade every time I dueled them :cry:
I remember when they got too close, I always managed to melee them to death.
then they told me I was bad and that flying dragon was better lmaoo, good times

6 Likes

He is ok, I think he is just busy with college, and he became pretty inactive. He still has a Discord account on the DG-related servers, but he doesn’t use it very often now.

5 Likes

I’d like to say that it’s fine for you to do that sort of thing, and maybe a “You guys are jerks” wouldn’t have been enough to reach them. Either way, it did work out in the end, so it’s fine.

It’s true that it’s much harder to express jokes online, but that doesn’t mean that joking is a bad thing. As long as you say sorry when someone gets offended, most people will understand.

This is why I decided I might want to give you the advice. Nobody hates you yet, but resentment is something that builds up over time. That’s again why saying sorry is so important, because it helps dissolve the resentment that builds up when you offend people.

Ok, this is the part I disagree with the most. Once you get discord, I think you should definitely apply for mod, because like Glasia said, you never know what might happen. If you obtain mod, you will make mistakes. For proof, look at Big Russ himself in Sturmgeist89 ban appeal, 3/21/2022. Everyone makes mistakes. They’re fine, as long as you learn from them.

6 Likes

He got a better pc and now plays browser games all day

6 Likes

I knew about the new pc, but browser games???

6 Likes

Yeah ever heard of krunker.io, thats like all he does

6 Likes

Russian heritage

6 Likes

I think we’ve driven off the topic of the OP.

5 Likes