I'm Debating If I Should Apply For Moderator

Oh that. yeah, that’s a meme everywhere.

7 Likes

lemme guess: you guys talk about it on discord

5 Likes

It’s these sorts of times where I wish I had discord to respond to the never-ending stream of clandestine insults. They talk about me not having maturity, and they never consider their own.
Could somebody please send the following message in proxy of me on discord?
(ty glasia for the information)
@EraRyuu , if you have an issue with me considering applying for moderator, go take on somebody with your own supreme maturity deficiency. You don’t get to insult me behind my back, where you assumed I couldn’t see your extremely immature messages.

5 Likes

If anything it’s better that you’re not there right now, I would personally never use it again if I wasn’t staff. And don’t put too much weight on what people say there, it’s very often of no value unless you’re in one of the private channels like the map builders one.

12 Likes

I agree with Rofle here, I used to use discord practically every day, but now I only get on roughly once a month, because, well, just look at those pictures. People are so rude on Discord. Imagine saying that to someone’s face!

7 Likes

I dont want a lengthy argument and settle this down as smoothly as possible. Look Nate, I simply got irritated by how you speak in-game and especially to me.

There are mores of these.

While you did say that those are jokes, but I couldnt just take them as a joke especially you’ve been saying how much of a weeb I am, even a couple of times in the forums. I didnt like it, definitely. I didnt insult you behind your back just because I thought that you weren’t fit to be a mod or anything, it’s because of your insults. I just didnt like it. No one likes to be a called a weeb, a bozo, cringe, or any insults. (The “Your moms” are fine I guess)

I’m not the type to be that irritated so much. And if you remember, I WAS REALLY into helping you before when other’s just didn’t agree with you. (When you said all those things to me, I was just really surprised)

I helped you so that even if you aren’t in Discord, and still on the forums you won’t feel that distant with other players. That’s why when you said those insults I just didn’t like it. I had that feeling of betrayed, like being betrayed by the one you’ve loved when they’ve already found a better person (and by no means I said that I have any romantic interests whatsoever).

You insulted me, I insulted you. I realised my mistake, so I hope you do too. Just tone it down, while some can accept it as a joke others just can’t. I will apologise to you for my immaturity, I just let my emotions get to me. Happens all the time because I get agitated fast.

Sorry for talking behind your back.

9 Likes

Well there was a solution… If I’d just ignored all of those then none of these would occur. But I was on PVP at the moment you said all of those things, and I was losing to someone in terms of Skill, and I had a bad ping, so uhh… I just got mad fast and I held a grudge to you. Partly my fault.

7 Likes

Moderators are only to enforce rules (warn people, then kick or ban when necessary, on any platform, discord, forums, server). You don’t have any other responsibility as Moderator that you actually have/would be compelled to do, until you are promoted to Dimension Manager and are in charge of things that would go on there. You have more commands than just kick or ban, but they are mostly so that you are able to kick or ban and do it properly/correctly, afaik.

Edit: To be clearer, you can still do other things. They’re just not part of your responsibility as Moderator.

7 Likes

same.

Oh god, didn’t know you took my unfunny jokes seriously.

I do realize my mistake.

I apologize to you for my immaturity. I did not realize that it could be interpreted as serious, happens all the time because I am an unfunny idiot who does not have a good sense of humor.

I was dealing with conflicted emotions, breaking friendships irl, family problems, and I always assume the worst, so I got mad really fast. Fortunately, this was cleared up before it could turn into a grudge. It was mostly my fault for all of this, and I deeply apologize for it.

ok good to know. Not getting promoted to dimension manager anytime soon lmao, I think my history of numberous ‘scandals’ is hurting me now.

10 Likes

Faith in humanity restored

10 Likes

Glad that settles that. And also one more clarification:

Jokes are jokes. Insults are insults. Two different words, so people have different takes on it. :hah:

Just tell them that you love them even if you dont. That’ll be 100% a better phrase to say all the time instead of what you always say, I assure you. Seriously. That’s what I always do. :hah:

This is now unrelated to the original topic.

9 Likes

100% agree

7 Likes

I also have to say sorry, but I still stand on my point, you doesn’t seem too mature, take a time and wait a bit more to pass this phase, that’s the advice I can give. But if you think you can change your attitudes, then you can atleast give a try, as Russ said, the worst it can happen is get denied. A last point that may sound unecessary because I think you learned your lesson, know when you should stop arguing. Again, sorry for saying on your back.

10 Likes

why would you say this? im honestly pretty curious.

6 Likes

Because of the past incidents and when I adviced you about the mobile glitch. You just kept arguing like you had reason on all the moments. That’s what I saw about your position.

8 Likes

nate is mom-ing so much
and he is a bit too young

if not include that, then u should apply

(its been about 10 months after my first mod app, what’s wrong with me aaa :depression:)

7 Likes

I have no idea what you are referring to here.

-_- is that stupid Finch Staff debate and my first ban appeal still haunting me? Seriously?

it’s my sense of humor, and I only use it as such.

sadge

6 Likes

Honestly, I am very reluctant to say this Nate, as I consider you to be a friend, and I hate breaking bad news to friends… but I’m not sure exactly how good you would be as a mod.
It’s not that I don’t think you’re a nice person, because you are.
It’s not that I think you don’t know enough about the server, because you probably do.

Before you read my explanation, just remember that this is all the opinion of someone who isn’t a mod. The mods will ultimately have the final say.

Point 1: Impulsiveness

You are a bit impulsive. In this topic, you showed this with those screenshots. Keep in mind, I’m not saying that what they said about you wasn’t a horrible thing to say, especially behind someone’s back, I’m just talking about your response to what they did.

You, instead of calmly talking to them about what they said, insulted them a few times. You repeatedly say that you would rather them say it to your face, but you could have, and in my opinion, should have, simply posted the screenshots, saying that they were being jerks for talking about you behind your back.

Point 2: Maturity

For this point, I’d like to start out by saying that I don’t think you are immature. I just don’t think you are mature enough for mod.
They have talked about your maturity, but they never gave real reasons why they think you aren’t mature enough. A prime example would be what you did above.

Another example, though, is also shown in what you have said above. Multiple times, you have said that your “insults” are a joke, the way you show your humor, etc…

I have been in this situation before, defending what I said or did with “I was joking”. An example once happened on discord, when I gave myself a bunch of points, since I was a mod, and then when the Owner found out, they were furious.

I said I was joking. In hindsight though, that’s not what I should have said, and that’s not what you should be saying. What I wish I had said, and what I think you should be saying, is 2 simple words: “I’m sorry”. I wish I had said that, because that server owner hates me now.

See, in my opinion, Maturity doesn’t mean emotional sensitivity, it doesn’t mean that you’re smart, it doesn’t mean that you understand politics.

In my opinion, maturity means that you know when you’re in the wrong, and you are willing to become a better person because of it. It means that you can identify a bad decision before you make it, and then decide to not make the decision. And I just haven’t seen you doing that to a level that I think you would make a good mod.

This was a very difficult thing for me to say. All of my impulses are telling me not to post this. They want me to wait until you apply for mod, and see what the results are. But, since I consider you to be my friend, I thought I might give you my 2 cents, in hope that you can take my thoughts into consideration before you apply for mod in a month.

9 Likes

Nate we aren’t saying you are immature for your age, we are saying that since you are so young, you tend to be immature at times. We all think the large majority of those younger than us are immature, it is only natural. If you do want to be a moderator though, it does require a fair bit of self-control and maturity. For instance, I was in your zombies lobby and someone was asking a question. If you plan to be a moderator, replying “your mom” is not a sufficient or appropriate response. That kind of behavior does not warrant the respect you want, nor does it show you are mature enough to be a moderator right now. I am not being overly critical of you, I just want you to think about this. The fact that you even want to become staff and help out says you are a decent person and care about the community at the very least, so don’t be too discouraged by everyone’s feedback. Just read what everyone has to say, and think about it.

11 Likes

It’s ok, friends shouldn’t be reluctant to give their honest opinions.

haha a bit, funny.

easier said than done, ig. But yes, wasn’t exactly my most thoughtful thing to ever have been done. I’m extremely defensive, and this shows in the way I react to insults, especially those said when I am not present to defend myself. It’s yet another habit one learns with parents that commonly use emotional blackmail and gossip against their children. Mostly my fault, though.

ah. I thought the screenshots were going to be posted, so I annotated them. Half the people on the discord are inactive or don’t have a forums account, so I can’t exactly communicate with the discord and have them take me seriously. It was a sort of ‘quote your statement, reply’ thing that I commonly do here on the forums, but discord form. It was intended to be a sign that I knew what is going on in discord, despite not having an account. A lot of different reasons, but I still don’t think a simple ‘you are jerks for talking abiut me behind my back’ would have sufficed in this sort of situation. However, this could just be my ‘assert your presence or get beaten up’ sort of mentality I’ve had to develop.

I kinda agree.

Oof. Some of my normal jokes are ones that use obviously untrue or sorta true but everybody-seeming-comfortable-with insults. When I do crack these sorts of jokes, either the people ‘targetted’ laugh with everybody else, or I accidently make somebody mad :confused: irl, the second option barely happens, so I assume it’s because it’s harder to express sarcasm online, and the /j kinda ruins the joke ngl.

you have talked about your ‘traumatic’ experiences at that server previously. In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have also said ‘jk’ and expected it to resolve. Honestly, I realize that sounds immature in of itself, as it is the excuse my little brother commonly uses after his rather violent jokes. Hopefully nobody hates me yet, but I’ve seen too many people already on their way to hating me, and it’s a bit disconcerting in one of the few ‘safe’ places I’ve ever had.

hm. I’ve always judged maturity by understanding of complex, ‘grown-up’ topics, less inappropriate humor or references, and/or realisticness, like ‘oh man my parents really aren’t who they say they are’ or ‘dam, santa claus actually doesn’t exist’ and some of that stuff. (if there are still any santa claus believers, I’m so sorry for crushing your dreams, I really am).

Makes sense. I think the decision part that’s biting me, as I’ve always tried to be better ig. (unless it comes to summoner, that is. I feel really stupid when I think about how much I refused to acknowledge that summoner would never be a pvp class. Still makes me cringe even today). I’m pretty sure my impulsiveness is detracting from my maturity level, or maybe my lack of maturity is causing my impulsiveness. Could be a mix of both.

Never be ashamed to speak your mind. Unless of course that’s another thing that’s bringing my maturity points down, in that case… well, I don’t know what to say.

Honestly, in facing incredible opposition and skepticism in my abilities to be a decent moderator or even trying to become one, I have decided to not apply. Though I consider myself more of a producer than a consumer, my current…predicament…irl will likely not let me fulfill the responsibilities of a moderator, and I’m pretty sure most of the people here dislike me anyway for various reasons, so it will either likely some sort of ‘demote Nate!’ movement. What others perceive to be immaturity is just part of my personality, ig. If I can’t change that, then I’m not sure I’m fit to be a moderator anyway.
besides, i’m not even that good at pvp… I’ll need to improve my pvp skills significantly if I honestly want to be a true moderator :stuck_out_tongue:.

edit: crap, I ended a serious topic off with an unfunny joke again. Yeah, I think yems and them had a point in saying I’m immature.

aww crap, I am losing massive numbers of maturity points because I was born earlier? dam nature, thats really unfair.

AAaAaAaaAaAAHhHHhHhH it just happened this morning (for me) and I still cringe when I remember it. Gawd, it’s really concerning when I find that’s an automatic response. At the very least, that isn’t helpful and doesn’t give me any maturity points.

Yeah, I think everybody has been unanimous in one single opinion lmao.
yeah, I don’t think I’ll be applying for staff anytime soon.
everybody has the same opinion with nearly the same reasons with almost the exact same examples. Overall, this is an overwhelming sign that I should in general not apply for mod, and if I do, I won’t be very fit for it. Honestly though, I can’t handle the responsibility anyway. Recent family, erm, developments have occured, I’m in a bad place irl, and just in general increasing amounts of stress in the real world are slowly decreasing the amount of time I can spend with the community, and I don’t think I’ll even help much anyway.

6 Likes