Frustrations?

If you mean an update from me specifically, the last things I posted were:
Survival TrueSSC v1.6.0 and DTP Maintenance that was last month, nothing other than maintenance has happened in the last month, not sure how that counts as abandonment, I can’t post every week that per usual I fixed a few bugs but nothing else. The two people that have the skills required to do major updates are both busy and so there’s nothing to say.

That seems unfounded to me when the only person in the last few years that I remember who has been removed for messing about was Madeira, who wasn’t even using their staff role, so was removed in part because they didn’t need their permissions anymore.

People breaking trust by using their permissions intended for their moderation role is not beautiful and will never been allowed. We used to have way more open interpretation as to how you could use those permissions in the first few years of DG and it ended up killing the community because people started taking it too far. Staff permissions are intended for the very purpose that they were given and nothing else. If you want to mess about with those powers rather than take the role seriously, you should find a server that has that, this is not it.

I only ever act by what the rules have said, it’s not like I am banning and kicking people for random reasons. And most bans simply require an appeal and for the user to come to an understanding of what they did that breaks the rules, before they get back on the server. People only get permabanned if they are clearly flaunting the rules or break a rule that represents either a burden to staff or to the server itself.

Small or big is irrelevant. Problems grow over time if you don’t deal with them when they are small. This is evident in PvP where none of the staff that were active there were enforcing the rules properly, meaning that people were surprised to be held accountable for what was always against the rules. If you weren’t aware, I understood this was the case and personally warned that user 2 or 3 times within 5 minutes before I had to ban them because they were not listening and I had to get back to work.

If a rule says not to do something, there is no big or small infraction, only an infraction. If people think the rule could be changed without having any negative effects, they can easily put forward a reason and discussion about it without breaking it in the meantime. Not doing that and simply breaking it is not a good sign, like I said this is flaunting the rules and makes it clear that you care more about doing what you want than following the rules.

For the discord server, there is such a need for someone to completely rewrite them since the ones that are there are barely enforced properly as it is and they are not clear either.

For in-game, there is little need to make such drastic changes, only some cleanup and potential rewording to make any ambiguities clearer. Anything else requires more actual discussion to happen, both in the open with other members and also among staff.

7 Likes