Dark Gaming - Terraria Server Rules

To try to make the chat rules (S1) more informative, I have added examples to each one. It is still possible that I have not written an example of a case that still is in violation. If I or another Staff member comes across such a case, it may be added to the examples.

11 Likes

Also when one says
I'm the alt of Rofle
I'm beetleeye but on alt
I'm under the alt of Glasia
It will be S1#7 impersonation if they are not an alt because there may be mistake bans

10 Likes

My question on this rule with the too strong anti spam filter (Revert major changes of new antispam):

The new anti spam blocks a singular “Hi” even when I only wanted to greet people. But trying to bypass the filter to say “Hi” may lead you to a ban? I thought, greeting people was OK.

Can we change the rule text so that it says “Subverting any filters put in place with intent to break other chat rules[…]”, because saying “Hi” once a minute is not a violaton but the filter blocks it.

It means we need to be assassins to greet people.

9 Likes

i would say that if you were banned for that, the mods would call a false alarm, because its not intended

8 Likes

What rule will be broken and what punishments are done if:

someone crafts in DTP a title containing racial, profane, s*xual or otherwise inappropriate text?

Is that

depending on the text and

broken and the person doing this will be banned and their account on DTP resetted/deleted?

9 Likes

its the same as if your name had a no-no word, but you would allso be abusing power as its a tag

10 Likes

Does saying “Watch <TV show>” count as advertising (assume the TV show is not NSFW and that the recommendation is not spammed)?

This does not list TV shows so it should be ok if I understood correctly?

8 Likes

idk. satyng "join www.spamton.com" is bad as you want to scam someone ,a nad saying join my server - server link, idk, is advwertisng for personal gain but saying watch spongbob sqarpnts doesnt benefit you, only nickel odeon

7 Likes

What’s the exception for Red’s wing?
And If I wear Dev’s Armor as Vanity this good?

11 Likes

Errr

that only aplied when 1.2 of terraria was in the server
at that time in a nutshell, Dev vanity were only avalible via Modified client /Inventory editing
like first fractal In this version

and Red wings gave infinite flight, so that is why the exception

13 Likes

in that case should we remove that footnote?

13 Likes

Well, tecnically this is the thing :shrug:

So deleting all the old replies isn’t exactly the solution, but works too, but its more up to the person that should’t read the replies rather than the main post (In this case)

14 Likes

if all lobby agrees to die by that way, for example, because of wrong map, is that still banned

14 Likes

If the whole lobby agrees, I would say it’s legal.

14 Likes

Why impersonating mods with texts like “I will ban you” or “I am a mod” is bannable

Preamble:

There were a notable number of people who got banned for saying jokingly “I will ban you”. Mostly they only understand that this is bannable only after the mod tells them while rules like “No spam” and “No caps” are commonsense and don’t need long explanations.

With what those people try to justify the action of saying “I will ban you” in ban appeals

“It was just a joke”

As the rules state, jokes don’t get around impersonation. Some impersonations if done as a joke can turn out badly:

[Lame] Karl (stuck in a traffic jam): I am the server owner
[Crew] VaMi37 (the forgotten): Hello, can you come to /build, 
        someone griefed my house. Can you rollback maybe? 
[Guest] Alfa5: ewkmhrbckhwebrkhvbwkiehrbvkijwberkjicbwkeuibciuwberkuibev
[Guest] Alfa5: I AM SUPER MARIO caps caps caps
[Lame] Karl (stuck in a traffic jam): YAhhsunounwuhizsgiz
        gwdiguhwshuoiwbskbz
/*VaMi37 thinks Karl is a bad owner and tells that
in PMs on the forums and via FB and Insta*/
=Two Weeks Later=
[Falcon] Geralt: Rofle, did u go on alt and spam?
[Super-Admin] Rofle: No.
[Elb King] Armin0: Then explain this: https://forum.dark-gaming.com/t/.....
=Rumors of Rofle spamming the chat arise and the server reputation drops=

“They know that I am not a mod”

1. Newbies who forgot their password may think that that is a real admin and expect help
[Guest] WandaMax8: Hi, I forgot my password, can you help?
[IE User] Eliko (the good): I am mod and can reset it. 
[Guest] WandaMax8: Thx
[IE User] Eliko (the good): Haha, get trolled :troll:
//WandaMax8 votes the server down and tells on discord that the mod trolled them
//Reputation of the mod goes down
  1. That you are not a mod is only clearly visible on Phase and Phase is not so well known.

Conclusion:

Impersonating mod even with “I will ban you” create false beliefs about the server staff and should not be done.

An Info for @popstarfreas:

Add the text “Jokes do not allow you to get around this rule” because that is important and overseen due to hidden behind Spoiler.

Correct me if necessary.

14 Likes

I have a question to this scenario:

/*2 users talking in Chinese*/
/*I talk in Spanish at the same time*/
Ch.Speaker 1: @Glasia stop interrupting us
Glasia: OK. (caps exception acc. S1#3)

Will I get banned for bypassing the caps filter? The caps text I try to enter is “OK” thus following S1#3 but it is blocked for too many caps without the addition of the () text. But S1#11 forbids text in the form of CAPS TEXT caps caps caps and the text after OK falls into that category

10 Likes

you could say “ok” without all caps.

12 Likes

Honestly, the capitalized filter shouldn’t even apply for messages that are 4 characters or shorter. Same for “spamming” messages that are just like “Okay” - “Ready now” - “Nice one” over about 10 seconds, there’s no reason to get muted for stuff like this, even if it’s only for a few seconds.

11 Likes

What are you referring to by this? You can always spawn items in PvP (with the exception of “/i heart”, which is banned)

10 Likes

Is using shimmer to slide through mountains and islands in PVP allowed, as long as you do not slide out of the PVP arena or back into spawn?

Shimmer is usable even if there is “no build possible” warning because it is not fast enough to delete the shimmer fluid block.

12 Likes