Dark Gaming - Terraria Server Rules

That post was made on October 2014. Have you not realized that before replying to a years old reply?

8 Likes

I have indeed, and there are forums I have been on for years to which I never received a reply. It would be nice to get someone to answer something, even if late. Even if I never receive the message personally, it could potentially assist someone else experiencing this issue. A newer player, or otherwise. Do you disagree that this could help someone who could be currently experiencing this issue, or could experience it in the future?

Edit: Just because someone never replied to something, doesn’t make it any better. Not saying this is the current scenario, but someone can easily quit playing something due to frustration of not getting an issue resolved.

9 Likes

You not getting a reply to some of your questions that you have asked in the forums years ago is not a valid excuse for replying to other ancient posts that might not be relevant anymore (like the one you’ve replied to).

If someone is having a similar issue, they can always make a new topic asking for help.

My points are in relation to this part of the forum rules and guidelines:

(yes, you haven’t replied to an outdated or old topic but this still applies to the reply)

About your “edit”, I’m not saying that you should stay silent to any and all questions asked by someone. Besides, have you even seen Rofle’s reply to TerrarianElite’s question?

One last thing, you can’t execute the /tp command in PvP without being webbed in place. The problem is completely solved, nobody will scout out an anwser for a nonexistent problem.

10 Likes

Examples of old topics that are OK to post replies in:

(I’m on phone and the Quote button did not appear (seems only appear if you quote the server rules) so I did a blockquote)

8 Likes
  1. That person isn’t around anymore and their question doesn’t make sense today, so it is outdated, don’t reply to posts like that.
  2. Posting replies in this thread is ok, as long as your discussion is on the topic of the rules, not on what people said many years ago when the rules were not even the same
10 Likes

Only if your PvP is enabled, by the server or by yourself. If your PvP is disabled, you can indeed use /tp and /warp.

9 Likes

I have some questions about specific rules:

1. Is it possible to be punished for that your Terraria in-game character is too similar to
    another player’s character? I understand clearly that saying things like “I’m Justin Bieber/ Son Goku/James Bond/…” is forbidden or using usernames like (name of an admin)'s alternative account.

2. Why is the pigron statue in build in sandbox banned but the medusa statue not even if the two enemies are almost equally dangerous (pigron flies through blocks, medusa stones you)?

7 Likes

This depends on the extent of similarity and your in-game behavior. If a player claims to be an admin despite not being one, they will be banned for impersonation regardless of the name they have. Additionally, I recommend that you avoid naming your characters fadadada or FAda. Of course, these names are distinguishable from my actual in-game name – FAdadada – but regardless, you should probably refrain nevertheless.

This is probably an oversight.

11 Likes

I’m appealing my ban I don’t know what I did please tell me I logged on with a player called yeeee I got titanium armour I was going to fight queen slime in one of my worlds and as I was getting stuff someone banned me please get back to me with some context.

Glowing regards,
Ismail

11 Likes

This is not how you appeal a ban; make a post in #terraria-server:ban-appeals and follow the format.

10 Likes

make your name shorter, this is a common bug that happens when your name has 3 or more consecutive letters

9 Likes

Dark gaming why i see player in chat say Zenith2 slapped zenith2 for 600 damage idk and i left without quiting then i join and its says i banned but how in not hacking or something im just pvp in your server pls fix it and unbanned me

10 Likes

This isn’t how you make a ban appeal; go to #terraria-server:ban-appeals and make a post there. Make sure to follow the format.

8 Likes

I don’t know if this has already been asked, but are buffs from the Sharpening Station, Crystal Ball, Ammo Box, Campfire, etc allowed for use in pvp? And on top of that, is it allowed to obtain them with /buff? Sorry if the answer is already somewhere.

11 Likes

Campfire is a region buff, so it is automatically buffed in certain regions (where there is a campfire placed). I’m not entirely sure, but from the basis that nobody uses them, I think none of these are allowed with /buff (although you can get the Campfire buff from placed campfires in the arena).

10 Likes

Any buff that you cannot get through use of potions or food is not allowed to be /buff’d in PvP.
As far as I’m aware, using buff for PvE is totally fine, and the command doesn’t work on Survival and Zombies - I’ll double check PvE and edit this message when I know for sure

Edit: Shadow Dodge, Rapid Healing, & any Nebula Buff is not allowed to be buffed in PvE

11 Likes

Where are S10#5 and S10#6?

9 Likes

The answer I got in the past when I questioned the same thing:

16 Likes

If you go back in Edit History,
you’ll see #6 is actually Exploits
#6 diff

and #5 is actually “Statues”(now belongs to #4)

12 Likes

Thanks! :+1:

11 Likes