Custom Mob Waves

Simply put, allow the mob order of zombies to be tied to the map rather than global for zombies.
This would allow individual maps much more customization with themed maps, and would also let users customize their maps difficulty, and would allow maps that function fundamentally different from typical zombies without much additional effort.
This would also prevent certain mobs breaking like sand elementals on Lunar Shaft, but being functional on many other maps.
I would suggest this to be something that the map maker would plan out on paper, then run through a Zombies Manager before having it implemented, additionally I would suggest having the current mob order be the default order if nothing is decided upon by the map creator.

Yes, let’s make lunar actually challenging >:)

5 Likes

How does this interact with events?

5 Likes

Maybe you can replace certain mobs always so if someone has like a spore zombie in their map, it’s forced to become splintering I guess

4 Likes

I would assume that if this can be applied to event-specialized mobs, then there wouldn’t be too much of a problem, at least. Though, I wouldn’t be surprised if the customized mob spawns would interfere in one way or another, be it the map owners opinion or just straight up customized mobs being a pain in the arse. Just an outsiders pov on it yes

3 Likes

Due to the nature of this kind of suggestion, I’ve updated the About the Suggestions category topic to include “Complex suggestions”. As the suggestion is too vague to be worked on.

This is considered a Stage 0 proposal. Given the vote count we can be sure people want this feature, but not yet how it will work. Refer to the updated About the Suggestions category for information about Stage 1. One or more people will need to write a Stage 1 proposal to further this.

Here’s a few questions to answer in stage 1:
How it will interact with Events like Halloween and Christmas.
How map makers will use the system.
How the waves are designed and thus in what different ways map makers will be able to configure/change waves.
How waves work in rounds past those that have been defined.

It is best to describe the system as though you are describing one that already exists, to someone that has never used, seen or heard about it before. So make sure to include all necessary details and leave as little to the imagination as possible.

5 Likes