Current PVP Meta

What is currently a good weapon in PvP, because I am having a horrible time.

2 Likes

I like using minimal/gimmicky sets with 3 or 4 weapons that go well with each other.

But since you’re looking for meta stuff, here’s a guide:

3 Likes

Which class are you?

Im melee so as for me, i use Terrarian, Daybreak, and Solar Eruption

2 Likes

In PvP, I think it’s best to disregard the notion of being a specific class all-together.

One set-up is not the best for all circumstances, and there are multiple situational considerations that can prompt you to choose one piece of equipment over another.

I think the best way to get better in PvP is to try out new playstyles, weapons, etc. Try to expand your horizons and at least attempt to get better at doing things you might be uncomfortable with: using feather fall, getting good at sniper, cart dashing, etc.

3 Likes

Curious, are the defense of various armors able to be changed through PVP Manager?

If Solar and Beetle were nerfed, or if everything else was buffed, different armors might be more viable; everything elsle besides solar and beetle are pretty bad right now. I tried a hybrid ranger thing that Beetleeye suggested, and I think I do about 20-30% more damage, but die really fast without the solar shield or the defense from solar armor.

3 Likes

Nope, defense can’t be changed.

4 Likes

also, do you just use 3 weapons? you shouldn’t try to teach people if you just use 3 weapons, because if you do you have very little knowledge about pvp and are considered a newbie

4 Likes

I use only bows lol.
The main three weapons I use are Eventide for long-distance targeting, Tsunami for short-distance and kind of shotgun coverage, and Pulse Bow for spam covering an area to block it off and deal extra damage.
I also occasionally use Phantom Phoenix and Marrow, and also have a Phantasm, but it’s not that great.

The main reason why I use only a few weapons most of the time is because on mobile, to switch an item you have to stop using your current one, which takes about 1-2 seconds. That doesn’t really sound like a lot, but it disrupts your rhythm, your opponent takes no damage, and can deal more damage to you with no retaliantion. With bad latency it can take even longer.
So I usually only switch weapons when one of either me or my opponent are moving away from the other, and I have some time.

I wonder why defense can’t be changed, mods can do it, and it would just be changing a value in the code, same for weapon damage, right? Kind of strange.

2 Likes

Defense is unalterable, however, damage resistance can be changed in lieu.

3 Likes

Armors can’t be altered, damage reduction is because it comes in a buff (Solar Shield and Beetles are a buff)

3 Likes

hehe 2 days later

3 Likes

:HDfailure:

4 Likes

Did you know that the Bone Javelin has very low velocity in PvP for some reason.

Also, nice MS Paint arrow.

4 Likes

i see you have a tiny video clip to make it process-able by the discourse (why u do this discourse)

3 Likes

There is a file-size limit for Discourse, however, you could just host the file on another website like Imgur. That’s what I did.

4 Likes

…does Beetle Armor actually give 99% damage reduction in stage 3? That seems incredibly powerful, since it also provides one of the highest defense and fairly decent bonuses of the armors in the meta.

3 Likes

It is incredibly powerful. In fact, its set bonus is probably the best in PvP.

3 Likes

I think the vanilla version is 45%, so maybe even a buff to 60% or 70% would be reasonable.

…why 99%?? lol

hmm, if you get hit by an Eventide projectile that does normally 66 damage (without buffs/bonuses), would it do 0.6? or 1?

3 Likes

It would do 1 damage.

4 Likes

I see, but the reason I do more than one damage is because of the minimum damage of 15. No wonder Tsunami, with a minimum of 22, does more than Eventide.
I guess the best thing to use against Beetle Armor users is whatever with the highest minimum damage, since it would still be around 1 without any minimum anyway no matter what it is.

3 Likes