Zombies - Striking Moment Freezes the Player

(holy God I think I need more sleep, I keep forgetting to remove the “REMOVE THIS ENTIRE NOTICE WHEN YOU HAVE READ IT”)
Relevancy: Both PC and mobile platforms, as both can access Zombies.
Dimension(s): Zombies? Maybe elsewhere, I haven’t tried it.
In - game account name: Tru3thful
How often it happens: Any time a player gains the Striking Moment buff.
Evidence: As of current, I don’t have any, I only have some firsthand experience of it from a recent Zombies lobby.

To summarize, the buff “Striking Moment” is obtainable in Zombies both through Brand of the Inferno (with a shield equipped) or the Sergeant United Shield, by “parrying” an enemy attack; using the guard function of either weapon at the correct time just as an enemy deals damage will cause the player to take no damage, avoid knockback, damage the enemy, and gain the buff in question. Under normal circumstances, this buff would increase the damage of the next melee attack by 400% within the next 5 seconds after a successful parry; however, at least on Zombies, gaining the buff freezes the player with the usual “PLEASE REMOVE YOUR BUFFS” message, which I saw happen firsthand via using the Sergeant United Shield to parry a Possessed Armor’s contact damage on Pirate Harbour.

1 Like

This also happens at the ends of rounds when you have buffs from Valiant (unless that was a coincidence).

1 Like

This bug has been fixed, though not released yet. Once the fix has been released, a final reply will be posted so that everyone is aware.

1 Like