Would like to ask how I was using "sexual and personal topics" for an unban

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
ban.dark-gaming.com/10010

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I found know Rule Breaking such as sexual content OR personal topics…

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I dont think this was a fair ban as I was saying how a player turned into the angler as we all hate the angler (I hope) and were burning in lava for eternity…

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
Well there is legit no point in banning someone for FALSELY ACCUSED “sexual and personal topics”
I would like a further explanation on what sexual stuff or personal stuff I said.

6 Likes

…what? Did you break the rules knowingly or not?

What makes you think the ban was unfair? You broke the rules many, many times over many days, and several times it went completely unchecked.

Profanity directed at other users:

Explicitly sexual talk in public chat:

Talk about sensitive topics in chat (some directed at other users, others not):

Then, leading immediately up to your ban, there was first this:

And after warning you not to proceed since that topic is not appropriate for the server, you said this:

While I was gathering all the previous Phase screenshots, the sensitive topics seemed to just keep escalating:

It doesn’t matter that it was meant to serve as a joke, what matters is that you kept talking about these kinds of topics for excessive violence and whatnot after two separate warnings. Are they on the level of all the colorful language you were using prior that didn’t receive a lot of attention beyond reports, or even the pedophilia(??) that you were warned for before this? No, they aren’t. But they fall under the “sensitive topics” part I listed in the ban reason, so I’m sorry for not making that explicitly clear in the first place.

8 Likes

oh wow, I didnt realise I was talking about this all. You are 100% right and I dont deserve an unban I guess. It was nice knowing the server. If I can be honest, it was not right of me to make these jokes, and I never saw a “warning” from you or anyone A. due to flooded chat and I am used to mc warnings like where it pings you or shows a message private to you in big text, so I didn’t think you were talking to me. But you are 100% right and I apologize.

4 Likes

These were all directed towards jokes, but now that I read them again, they WERE NOT, funny at all.

4 Likes

This is not an excuse btw it is literal truth.

4 Likes

By the way, what is pedophilia?

5 Likes

Well, to be fair, most times you didn’t receive a warning, as far as I was aware. I just cracked down last night due to there being multiple reports against you for your language, and I believed there was enough evidence to warrant a ban. It doesn’t matter if it’s for jokes or not. With how much you were using the language you did combined with repeatedly talking about topics that might make some people uncomfortable in public chat, I had to take action. After all, Terraria’s playerbase is quite diverse in age range, and because there is at least some amount of a younger audience playing the game, and by extension, the server. Do you understand why using the language you did to the extent you were led up to your ban?

To be very blunt, it’s sexual attraction to minors in some capacity, especially while the person in question being accused of it is an adult. The Angler is portrayed as a child in Terraria, which is why I was warning you against discussion about the kinds of topics you were before your ban, e.g. “I think several people here want to rape the dumbass.” And you know, I get it, Angler fishing quests can be annoying at times, but at the same time it’s not an excuse for publicly talking about doing stuff like… that to him.

8 Likes

Oh, and yes. I do see why it led up to my ban. Me making others uncomfortable, probably hurting ohers, and just being stark annoying and innapropriate… I apologize dearly.

5 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. You are all the way right, I’m not just saying this. I really mean it.

5 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

5 Likes

This is Im pretty sure the rule I was breaking, I hope I did this right…!

5 Likes

Correct, though there’s also this one:

4 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

6 Likes

Yes I understand the rules I broke
I understand how to avoid them again, by maintaning calmness and chillin.
I promise not to break the same rules again.
I understand that if any of these are broken again, there will be no 3rd chance.

5 Likes

Also sorry, didn’t think bout that one. I thought it was mainly rule 6. Thanks though!

4 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

4 Likes