Work-in-Progress - History of the "modern" Dark Gaming Forum (2020-2023)

Update: We do not need this in the TL3 category. We can watch it grow instead.

Feel free to add any information here!

This year is known for migrating the forum towards Discourse and slowly removing helper applications and discontinued features of the forum. Helper applications were last seen on December of 2020. The most active members during this year was yems and FAdadada.

May 2020

On May 3, 2020, popstarfreas, the owner of the forum decided that they were moving over to Discourse as a whole. They did this because of the better mobile support, the ability to use themes, and support for features and such.

During this time, popstarfreas also added the new categories into the forum such as Guides and Not Terraria Related. There was another change made to the forum where your nickname would come before your username.
Check this out:

This is what it looks like right now. Why? popstarfreas added this new feature into the forum: Use "full name" profile option as display name
Without this change, my nickname “hotdog” would be moved underneath my username instead.

In summary, most of the forum was open to suggestions and many other features.

June 2020

This month did not do much with the forum. However, the forum did focus on ban appeals most of the time. Not much off-topic posts are being made, and the forum was mainly support questions and ban appeals. I would also like to note that Helper Applications were a thing at the time, and so were Server Clans .
There was a funny bug on the forum where the FAQ content was somebody’s helper application. This bug stated a mod application of somebody named Cheeseman. popstarfreas then fixed the FAQ content to be the correct content.

The first two people to regularly contribute to the forum are yems and FAdadada.

July 2020

Similar to June, not many off-topic posts were being made. There were many ban appeals in this month, and server clans are still relatively popular. There were also many helper applications on the forum being made as well during this month.

August 2020

During the beginning of the month, there were many ban appeals and such going around the forum. This forum was also starting to use the Not Terraria Related category more often and it began to get more attention. A user known as Pizza or me.me was regularly contributing to the forum’s off-topic category.

September 2020

During the beginning, there were a lot of submissions for Zombies Maps on the forum. This meant that many maps were being added to the forum. Some known bugs were also reported. However, what stood out during the week was the amount of ban appeals staying strong. During this month, yems made a lot of suggestions on the Zombies Gamemode.

October 2020

Similarly to last month, there were a handful of bug reports, and ban appeals were diverse throughout. There were a few off-topic posts this month, but towards the end, FAdadada was starting to spread them throughout.

November 2020

This is a slightly more popular month than the others. During this year, there were many things happening. Some new members were contributing to the forum. A new category, called the TL3 longue, or TL3 Regulars was being introduced to the forum. That category explained how TL3 are supposed to use their abilities and private discussion. Of course, nobody is using this category.

(guess what, you can use TL3 Regulars to hide posts from others as well!)

December 2020

Dark Gaming rises in popularity this month. During this month, there were a lot of posts being made throughout the month. TheLorde was a moderator for a few months, and he did some things, like handling appeals and such. There was more forum activity on this month of 2020 than the other months overall. A new category known as Map Updates was also being introduced to the forum, where the authors of Zombies maps can easily identify what updates are made to others. Helper Applications stoped being used on the forum, because they were inferior and people were using it for the cool titles in-game.

4 Likes

hm interesting

do you have any links to posts they made? me.me doesnt go anywhere

4 Likes

They made 13 replies to Not Terraria Related in August 2020.
https://forum.dark-gaming.com/search?q=%40me.me%20%23not-terraria-related

I’m still working on the guide so until this is done, it’s staying in the private category.

4 Likes

ah i recognize them

4 Likes

I have written the history of the forum during 2020. Non-TL3s can now see this topic as well, since it helps them know stuff earlier.

4 Likes