What was your most mentionworthy moment on this server?

Moments worthy of mentioning? I’m not quite sure I have much to fit that bill, besides maybe the fact that I’m a regular here that had a username change to their DTP account.

Originally, in… late 2016? I think? I forget… but I’d first played Terraria on PS4 after some friends had mentioned it, though I was going in completely blind. I really enjoyed it, and then my father bought me the Steam version in early 2017, as a Christmas gift. I played that for a while, but still didn’t know about the existence of the Terraria wiki, and I got fed up with blindly stumbling around for progression. So, I downloaded the Builder’s Workshop and also started playing multiplayer. Dark Gaming was one of those servers! I’d registered under my alias at the time, playing different parts of the server, hated on Zombies because I didn’t understand what to do, and then went back to playing console games primarily, led primarily by the original Destiny not being on PC. When I was playing on PC, I often found myself playing Minecraft servers instead, so I wasn’t particularly active on Terraria. Afterwards, though, in early 2019 I believe, I attempted to make a full push into Destiny 2 on PC, despite the computer I was (and still am) using being… really, really bad for that especially.

Because of that, I started playing PC games more, Terraria included. Referring back to my first ever topic I made here on the Forums (because that’s when I started being more active on the server), it was in July of 2019that I finally started being a regular here. Just one, small problem: my online alias that I’d settled on and still carry to this day differed a fair amount from what my younger self had chosen, so I very often had to make that distinction clear, namely in the Dark Gaming Discord, where I often had my nickname set somewhere along the lines of Tru3thful (IGN: [AK] Gunslinger) to help clarify things. It was like that for much of the time I’d spent on the server, for the hours, turned to weeks and months I’d played, until a change was implemented in regards to the naming system.

On February 9th, 2021, I’d attempted to log in to the server again to play, of course with my registered account. But instead of joining successfully, I instead was given this message:

Later that day, I sent in a request for a name change, to see if it would have been possible or allowed. I thought it fell into the category of being crippled by my account name, and sure enough, I was able to get my account name changed. I discovered a few issues with some things that came up presumably as a result of it, reported them accordingly, and now as far as I can tell, my account works fine without any notable problems or flaws.

In short, prior to February the 10th, 2021, there was a conflict between my Terraria server registered account and my alias for just about everywhere else. Since it made some problems, I was able to bring it into the umbrella of the same alias, and the previous name, [AK] Gunslinger was gone now. Before February 10th, 2021, I was known as Tru3thful everywhere else, with [AK] Gunslinger being solely reserved for my identity on Terraria servers.

5 Likes

I see still “[AK] Gunslinger” in Phase.

4 Likes

I know everyone here fought a Headless Horseman in the Pumpkin Moon Event…

BUT HAVE YOU ever fought a headless MoonLord?

This happened in Survival when we fought ML for the 2nd time

6 Likes

There was one time where the entire moon lord was just an arm and the core iirc

5 Likes

The Headless moonlord gave me enough jumpscares.

Torsoless ML will freak me out.

5 Likes

body-less moon lord - you fight it by leaving the cultists alone and not being a jerk

5 Likes

I somehow did a cart dash in PVP and somehow killed a mod from god knows what distance…

4 Likes

I got today called “AI” for using weapons in pvp.

5 Likes

That’s what an ai would say glasia.

7 Likes

Sry if this is necro posting but, today in surv I got two slime staffs in the time frame of 3 mins.

8 Likes

i got 90 ks of starlight only although it was months ago now

7 Likes

In Cryptic castle I got hit by the burning skeleton and got kicked into that hole because of lag. Had to wait until brain sucklers come so the Coward can teleport me out.

5 Likes

I think it is ok to necropost here on this topic.

5 Likes

Actually, there was an other doubling, tripling, quadrupling, or even quintupling exploit, that was called Doublebanking. Basically, When sentries died, bank sentries would add the money used in those sentries to their bank. The only problem was that this money would, at the end of the round, be rewarded for everyone rather than just you. If another person who also recoeved the reward /ts’d you their money, you can now spawn double the sentries, which would only die again and result in more money for everyone. So if you had a whole team of players doing the same thing, you can expect how out of control this would become. (I think I once had negative money on round 15?)

6 Likes

Thanks for 44 likes @InjectuousPotato and the negative score is because you exceeded SC +2,147,483,647 and you went into SC -2,147,483,648 .

4 Likes

Oh, I think it was more common with contractor though, I haven’t really seen bank negative points a lot

5 Likes

13 killstreak on pvp with only a magic missile- keep in mind that I’m mobile lol

5 Likes

When I tested with Geolindrag and others LBG then the razorpine did with max damage boosts 720 damage. We roasted the mobs.

4 Likes

Not on the server but on the discord: I used the greet function to greet people from 3 years ago and suddendly Tru3thful started typing. I checked that the waves were huge and I deleted them. Tru3thful stopped to type. I thought that I spammed but deleted it then. I made a meme about it on ImgFlip then Tru3thful told me that they were tabbed out on PC and were in Discord when inputting movement key.

5 Likes