Vlexo's Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No, I used a simple glitch that I discovered and wanted to see if it works. It works so I use it and some stupid snowflake got angry at me and reported me for “Exploiting” when in reality I wasnt even close to exploiting, and let alone even know HOW to do it. I also DIDNT KNOW IT WAS ONE till I got banned, it was unintentional.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Nope, its a harmless glitch in FACT it was DESIGNED for it to be in the game and it SHOULDNT be bannable cuz of that.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
It was unfair and this glitch is fun to do and it helps ppl and it shows whats wrong with server in terms of glitches. Also I really think this isnt a glitch cuz terrira implemented this feature so its easier to switch outfits so YEA. I also could SHOW U HOW I DID IT, so it can be PATCHED

2 Likes

You need to follow the format. Provide your ban link that you see when attempting to enter the server as your answer to Q1, not a link to this post.
Do not post a new appeal; edit your existing one. Post a reply here once you have made the corrections.

2 Likes

Okay changed it

2 Likes

The rules define exploits as unintended game behaviors, such as this “glitch” you were describing. You clearly knew exactly what you were doing given that you were providing other players in the lobby with steps to recreate and abuse the exploit themselves.

What’s so harmless about having a full set of endgame equips out at the beginning of a Zombies game when said equips are leagues beyond the gear you’d normally have by that point, never mind some of it completely unobtainable on the map?

No it was not. Terraria loadouts are force disabled in Zombies to prevent abuse and have been force disabled since 1.4.4 released. Just because a feature is in the vanilla game does not mean it’s allowed to be used on the server if it’s supposed to be prohibited, even more so given that you abused the feature to do things normally impossible on the server.

The exploit breaks the game you were playing on the server by bypassing complete levels of progression. I don’t see how the ban is unfair. Is it fun to break the game? That’s subjective, but what isn’t is it being against the rules of the server.

The exploit was already sent to us in a privated bug report. Even if it wasn’t, why were you directly telling other players how to perform it if you wanted it patched instead of making a bug report yourself?

Added part that wasn’t in the original post when I was drafting the response:

Not knowing the rules is not an excuse for breaking them. It is up to you to make sure you’re following the rules of the server by reading them and making sure that your actions don’t break them. Especially with how angry your appeal is, you seem to have not read the rules to understand why your ban was put in place.

2 Likes

If it was force disabled then how was I able to do it? Cuz then it wouldn’t make sense cuz then that would be your problem for not fixing it. I also told them how to do it because I didn’t think that outfit glitch would work. It make look like I knew what I was doing, but when that video recording was taken I was already messing around with it. Before that clip and before I messaged everyone I switched between the normal outfit and then the stardust outfit then back another time. Which would be hard to defend cuz u recorded it after I did that. And yes I didn’t not read the rules on the server which is MY FAULT on my part and I also over-reacted on how I sound on this report.

2 Likes

As of right now they’re bugged, leading to several unintended interactions, including the one you were abusing and telling other players about. When the server is working as intended they are disabled, so when players are taking advantage of the server being in a broken state they’re banned.

Another player in the lobby was also doing the exact same thing you were and was also banned. What made you think it wouldn’t work if you’re giving some instructions to recreate the exploit (not exact the same way the other player did, but enough that players could figure it out easily)?

2 Likes

Oh I did not know that the server was in a broken state, and now I see why I was able to do this interaction. I also am sorry for telling other people about this, as when I did I was extremely excited which lead me to telling people about this because I thought this was cool that I found out this interaction. And yes I did see another player that did what I did and I started thinking how he could do it. Which then lead me to finding it out and doing questionable things like doing it and telling people AND abusing it. I am sorry that I did this and all the other things with it, I will never do it again.

3 Likes

Very well. For right now, just don’t use or spread word of the exploit while it’s getting fixed. There was already a bug report on it and we confirmed how it works, so don’t use it at all, yeah? It has potential to break the game wide open.

3 Likes

Okay I will do as you say. Sorry for doing it. (Will I get unbanned)

2 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

2 Likes

I broke these rules.

2 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

2 Likes

Yes, I understand what I did broke the rules and yes I know how to avoid breaking them. I will also never do this ever again, and understand what will happen once I do it again.

2 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

2 Likes