Tsunami Nerf

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Tsunami

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Damage nerf

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Tsunami is very powerful and demands little skill. You can blindly fire off shots into the distance while safely hiding behind wall and deal ~200 damage at the start of duel. it encourages this kind of cheesey playstyle where you camp behind a wall and use its arc to safely deal big chunks of damage. Tsunami has good range and shoots fast, theres no need for it to have this much dmg.
Also its kind of ridiculous in ffa right now, theres so many randoms floating around w/ Luminite arrow Tsunami combo that just melt your hp if you accidentaly happen to get caught in it

[Anything else you would like to note]
I think Tsunami will always remain very strong at BVR, but (imo) its clear it needs a dmg nerf right now. I talked to other players (Legolas & aoxo) and they agreed it needs a nerf.
I will be waiting for your arguments :slight_smile:

this just encourages mindless rushing, which isn’t a healthy playstyle for all of dg pvp to have.

3 Likes

and plus during my duel with mech I could still rush him while he was spamming it with ichor arrows, so its clear it doesn’t need a nerf.

3 Likes

I disagree with (almost) everything you said.
tsunami (imo) is in a ok spot compared to other weapons of same purpose right now. its hitbox can only be inconsistent because of lag. thats the only reason i know. I understand u dont use that weapon as much (so you feel its ok to remove it from the meta) but alot of other P v Pers do.
You say that it forces u to be outside of its range but chlorophyte shotbow and eventide offer similar long ranges as Tsunami. and they both fire more often or about the same.

2 Likes

Don’t rush into tsunami then lol

4 Likes

Besides there are still weapons like tsunami that will be just as good, if not better than it

4 Likes

Here’s my actual response lol

This is true of many weapons. This quality of Tsunami is nothing special.

Again, there are other weapons with this same characteristic; Chlorophyte Shotbow, Eventide, and Clockwork Assault Rifle all have (fairly) similar statistics and use.

This is always true of FFA. In addition, these players aren’t hard to avoid if you know what you’re doing; any attack from a longer-ranged/precision weapon kill them. Also, it’s not just Tsunami that has this kind of behaviour; Eventide is actually more commonly used with Luminite Arrows like this.

For future reference, you should specify what you want as this.

Tsunami is not incredibly overpowered. As I said, there are multiple other weapons with similar or higher DPS. It is one of the best meta weapons, but it is no more better than Paladin’s Hammer in a melee rush slot or Bubble Gun as antirush. It is not that hard to avoid if you know what you’re doing, and its other stats are not outstanding among many weapons. IMO, Chlorophyte Shotbow outclasses this weapon in multiple ways; I actually did better against BeetleEye in a duel using Shotbow over Tsunami. Tsunami is one of the main-meta weapons for DG, and due to it being one of the most powerful and most used (in addition to it actually getting a reasonable buff as compensation for the defense % changes), I think traditional-Solar Flare kit users are feeling the impact, since that armor is less damage-reducing now. Tsunami can be countered by using your terrain, being good at movement/avoidance, and/or using longer ranged weapons instead of facetanking and using Paladin’s Hammer or other weapons in an attempt to outdamage. There is no real reason to nerf Tsunami by a significant amount in the current meta.

3 Likes

Tsunami is fine currently, most of the time it’s not 100 damage but rather 80-90 which can be easily outdamaged by most stuff and isn’t that significant most of the time, A damage nerf isn’t necessary for me.

4 Likes

Yes, I usually hit between 78 and 92, depending on the defending player’s loadout.

2 Likes

agreed, i kinda thought tsunami needed a nerf after a duel i just had now, delt 300 dmg offscreen before we got to encounter

3 Likes

im sorry this is my fault. I use this technique all the time on Randoms and i kill them with ease…now that they know what my tactic is… they have adapted to it and now using it against others like what i just did. Some even mindlessly spam and it confuses the the players… Learned how annoying this was. Despite that I use tsunami most of the time, i dont mind seeing the Tsunami getting a nerf

4 Likes

Tsunami is annoying as hell due to how easy it is to hit with it, that’s the only way i see it, it’s not an insane dmg but anyone with 3 braincells could hit you and actually do some damage, I’ve seen players that can only damage using tsunami, nothing else, but idk, ppl seem to be arguing on it’s side :hah:

4 Likes

If we’re basing suggestions off of how brain dead it is to aim/hit with with then you may as well suggest a nerf to heat ray, every other variation of tsunami, solar eruption(we already saw how this one went), and the few other weapons you could probably pull out.

If anything, tsunami requires more aim and practical use against someone actually decent at pvp than the former mentions. That is, if you exclude the few decent pvpers who movement crutch to the max, because they’re bound to get hit by 75% more projectiles than everyone else.

5 Likes

Strong argument here from Madeira, as much as i hate tsunami, i have to accept there’s other weapons that are easier to use and offer more damage output and there’s no need for a nerf, if we’re basing all the suggestions solely on how easy or hard a weapon is to use in relation to it’s output then yes, these:

would need a nerf too and i don’t feel like they are even strong only because of how easy to use they are, since some of them can easily overpower tsunami and they do not feel as OP as if a nerf was needed.
Also i have to add, the trajectory of tsunami’s shots is easily avoidable and even if you can’t dodge them, the damage won’t smite you as bad as some of the antirush weapons like bubble gun or crystal storm, both of them being way easier to use and there’s not a suggestion on them right now.

4 Likes

Okay okay slow down everyone this is a legitimate complaint that I understand, damage variance means tsunami can be hitting from 85 to 100 in hybrid kits, and around 70 to 80 with luminite arrows making them a VERY powerful zoning tool.

Tsunami is a weird weapon that is absolutely ridiculous in FFA due to the space it can cover when abused with very minimal investment, but in a more fair setting like duels tsunami tends to be used more for that area coverage than any amount of damage in reality.
I think realistically Tsunami and Shotbow are both fine, but the very high amounts of ranger damage that you can stack as of the armor changes shines strongly through these two weapons in the right kits.

Generally I don’t like Tsunami being able to outdamage sniper per shot, and while it realistically doesn’t, in some kits tsunami can match it, so following this I’m going to SLIGHTLY nerf venom and ichor arrows.
I do not feel the other arrow types are quite as powerful, but I’ll likely reduce tsunami by a paltry one or two base (as well as shotbow by a similar) as they realistically are low investment weapons.

5 Likes