Tru3thful's Ban Appeal (READ DISCLAIMER FIRST)

Disclaimer: To those with permissions to move posts between categories, please leave this post in the off topic category. I wanted to make something a bit light - hearted for April Fools’ Day while still having it be at least vaguely related to the Dark Gaming Forums so it wouldn’t feel too out of place. The topic I discuss here was previously an issue but it has already been resolved, most notably with the DTP screenshot, that is an old screenshot I used for the purpose of this joke. This is not an actual ban appeal, please do not take this seriously. To any staff members: if this isn’t allowed, please take this post down and let me know. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason

I didn’t receive a ban link when I attempted to connect to the server. Instead, all I received was this message:

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?

I had only learned about the rule implementation regarding brackets in player names after I was banned, learned thanks to Tejdxa/Neverbeen via the Dark Gaming Discord server, so I’m going to say that no, I did not break the rules knowingly.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.

I do not believe that my ban was fair, as the day prior to my ban, I was able to play on the server just fine, and then the next day, the new rule regarding brackets in character names started being enforced without warning as far as I was aware, not on the Dark Gaming Discord nor here on the Dark Gaming Forums. As I stated above, I only found out about the brackets rule through Tejdxa/Neverbeen via the Dark Gaming Discord after I had been banned, too late to be able to put to use. That, and my account name still shows on the DTP website as [AK] Gunslinger.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?

I was banned due to a rule change which directly ended up affecting my character, and by extension, my account. Outside of at least one warning for profanity directed at another player(s?) a few years back (as SolarDeity may recall, or anyone from any of the times I spoke about it here on the Forums and/or the Dark Gaming Discord), I haven’t intentionally broken any rules on the server. I haven’t been as active on the server nowadays, but nevertheless I’d been able to curb my temper and I haven’t lashed out at anyone on the Terraria server, instead trying to help out other players when I could, interacting with others at higher levels of play in various ways, reporting rulebreakers (or players I suspect of being rulebreakers) and hoping that other, better players on the server could fill in the gaps I have, be it in terms of providing aid to other players on the server or in terms of skills in cooperative activities such as PvE, Zombies, and the one time I played it, Survival. My knowledge on the server only stretches so far, and I hope to continue expanding it so I can continue helping out in this server’s community.

8 Likes

I know this is a joke, but I don’t really get it lol

6 Likes

It’s April 1st. Happy April 1st!

6 Likes

Yeah I know, but I don’t understand what the joke is about lol

6 Likes

Lol I’m just going to play along with this

You have been auto banned by the system. How would I know if you broke this rule on purpose and when I unban you, you will just repeat your offense?

6 Likes

My account name (registered) *is “[AK] Gunslinger”, and as a player, I am only allowed to have 1 account. The rule was put into place long after I had made my account, so I didn’t break the rule on purpose; if anything, the rule broke me.

Would I just be condemned to play on an alt forever??

6 Likes

Your account name will be changed if you get unbanned

6 Likes

Alright then, in that regard…

I will not, because multiple accounts exist.

5 Likes

Can you please read the rules and quote the rule/rules that you broke. If you do not know how to quote the rules, here is a guide How to quote the rules.

If you don’t know exactly which rules you broke, you can tell me and i will make it clear

5 Likes

Here is the rule I broke

5 Likes

Do you understand why what you did broke the rules and do you now understand how not to break them again?

7 Likes

Yes, I do. If you were responding to me.

6 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

I think this is when the joke starts to break down

8 Likes

That gives me a question…
Every time that Popstarfreas ask this, its written exactly the same as others, so… He just copy and paste it? Or he has memorized exactly this quote?

6 Likes

There’s something called canned replies where the replies are already made so we can just click a few buttons and boom

7 Likes

I got beaned too and please unban me but I’m lazy to make an appeal because I’ll say it here since I’ll get more attention and do nothing productive in my life whatsoever.

(This is also a joke)

6 Likes

unbeaned
(this is also a joke)

7 Likes

Durtle:

* The [ and ] are now not allowed in character names. Anyone who registered using these can likely be migrated to a new account.

6 Likes

How is this possible??

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

5 Likes