Trading System

this prove I cant read and lack of logic

2 Likes

Rarity Update
Rarities were slightly changed. It seems lvling doesnā€™t give you all the items you need to fill the slots either. You should get higher than R1 items properly now. There may be some errors because I didnā€™t completely finish what I was doing.

3 Likes

So does it mean the higher level you are the more rare items you will get? If so, it makes you want to level up so people will be more active. (I think)

2 Likes

Thats pretty much it; except its simply adding higher rarity items to the pool. Just because youā€™re level 100 doesnā€™t mean you cant get any R1 items, but it does mean you can now get R10 items.

3 Likes

That so freaking awesome! Thanks for all the hard work you put in trading inv so far rofle! :smiley:

2 Likes

I appreciate the compliments but at its current state itā€™s still not enough. The goal of the Trading System is to bring a bigger reason to stay active for longer. Our servers method of running relies on a somewhat cheap scheme wherein limitations are only set upon non-essential commands and weapons that create a dull pvp effect.

Even running at V1, the Trading System will still not be in a state of efficiency towards its goal. Mostly because its role in the server is at a minimal state. Region-locking building areas to levels, setting ā€˜tasksā€™ wherein a person has to gain x pvp kills, or x boss kills in a certain amount of time and posing limitations on areas in the server to be unlocked through the system are ways of increasing the rewards for playing longer.

Further, if you have any ideas, anyone, and you can explain those ideas in enough detail, I would be happy to implement them in a future version.

3 Likes

Itā€™d be nice to possibly have a page with a list of all the possible tags/titles/colors. If you clicked on one, it would give you a list of users who have that specific item. At the moment, itā€™s hard to tell who has what, as you have to open a new trade with anyone to see their inventory. This would be a bit time-consuming, but I think the majority of users would enjoy that page.

2 Likes

The problem with that is the mystery of what is obtainable is apart of the system. There is currently around 2750 items in the system so that list might be long if it existed. I can only think that a possibility is a list of ā€˜items you have seenā€™ whether it be in your own or another users inventory.

2 Likes

Hummm. That does sound like a good compromise. A much better adaption of the list. A smaller addition I have been thinking of is allowing the trading of DP to go with the trade inventory (Trade your colour for another personā€™s colour, plus some of their DP), but as DP doesnā€™t play a large role at the moment, it wouldnā€™t be worthwhile.

1 Like

[quote=Damion]allowing the trading of DP to go with the trade inventory[/quote]It is already planned. Itā€™s the last feature on the list for v0.6; however, I have been busy and simply not touched it yet.

2 Likes

In the future, are you going to make a DP shop were you can buy tags, ranks, etc. with DP?

1 Like

Yes, yes he is. I already asked that to him so Iā€™ll answer for him in advance for you to know and the others that are not aware yet

1 Like

Following up to the next update, Iā€™m going to remove the Crew restriction for using the Trading System, but with some limitations.

[Limitations] (For Non-Crew)

• Levels cap at 50
  • Rarities 1 - 5 (Random Obtainment only)
  • Trading & DP Transfer will be unlocked at Level 40
  • Inventory Upgrade Level capped at 2
  • Special Slots capped at 4
  • Some Special Items will be unavailable (such as those above R5)
  • XP multipliers lowered (which extends time between Level 1 and Level 50)
  • All types of loans are locked and unavailable
  • Unable to create their own Region Items

Specifics may change. The DTP authentication process will be changed slightly. It will now ask you if you would like to sign in through steam (if you have the game) but is not required. Once reaching a cap or trying to access an unavailable feature, it will remind the user they must have the game on steam.

I realize now that the game is available on GoG and while it will take a while for newer people to be buying it only from GoG, it may become an apparent issue that steam authentication for the game might become redundant and therefore the restrictions above might be removed or changed eventually.

2 Likes

[Item Menu]
The newest addition is the simple version of the Item Menu.
Itā€™s simple to access; just hover over an item not in an equip slot, and in the top-right corner a box will appear:

Next, you simply click that box:

Equip and Delete both work (for Title, Tag and Color Items only), however the ā€œUseā€ function doesnā€™t work because it has no use in the current Trading System version. However, it will be used for things like lottery tickets, where you will only be able to Use or Delete that item.

2 Likes

The menu with ā€œuse, equip, and deleteā€ pops up regardless if you click on the green box.

1 Like

Well then youā€™re doing something wrong. Try refreshing using both f5 and ctrl+f5 while on the page.

Also, Iā€™m going to be rolling out the Member Additions to the Trading System tomorrow. So thats good.

2 Likes

It seems like the rarities are a bit low, I completed the Gauntlet (1) and Box wasnā€™t able to give me the title/color/tag Iā€™m hoping you can bump up the number. Sorry for sounding a lilā€™ greedy :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

No. I donā€™t think you or anyone understands that R1-R5 is simply the imposed limit of capping your level at 50. Iā€™m not saying people cant give you R6-R10 items, I am simply saying that because you cannot go higher than Level 50, you cannot randomly obtain an R6-R10 Item.

2 Likes

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What theā€¦ My DP was almost 500k before why did it turn 200k+ā€¦
And I donā€™t have the green box stuff in my Inv.

1 Like