Trading System - Item Life

Amongst the planned features for future development, one has made it into current development and is in fact finished. This new feature hopes to address problems with items being in perfect condition after a long period of use, or otherwise the contrary to mortal items.

[Item Life]
After this update all items purchased, as well as those in your inventories, will be extended to have a Lifetime; only Title, Tags and Color Items will be subject to the lifetime upon release, as command items will be handled separately and will have their lifetime active in a further update. While an item is equipped, its lifetime will decrease until eventually it reaches 0 and is removed. Once an item dies like this, it is impossible for you to get it back.

[Rarities]
The Lifetime property of an item is dependant on its Rarity. The Lifetime will vary significantly between Rarity 1 and Rarity 10. The Lifetime’s as currently drawn up are as follows:
[ul][li]R1 - 30 minutes[/li]
[li]R2 - 1 hour[/li]
[li]R3 - 1 hour 30 minutes[/li]
[li]R4 - 2 hours[/li]
[li]R5 - 3 hours[/li]
[li]R6 - 4 hours[/li]
[li]R7 - 6 hours[/li]
[li]R8 - 12 hours[/li]
[li]R9 - 2 days[/li]
[li]R10 - 4 days[/li]
[li]R11 - 2 weeks[/li][/ul]

This is given the expectation that people will use the fact that you can just de-equip an item when you’re not in-game or when you don’t feel like you need it. The displayed times may seem short and may change even after the update is released.

[Restoration]
With Item degradation, it will still be possible to save an item by restoring its Lifetime to full (and only full). However, doing so will cost a hefty fee compared to the item’s original worth. The cost is based on “DP in Rotation” like Shop prices, and will be at least 2x the amount of the original item price. Restoration will be in the Item Menu and not a separate page.

Item Menu:

Restore Form:

If the item you are trying to Restore is equipped, the DP value will automatically update.

[Upgrades?]
For anyone wondering if you will have upgrades to tackle this problem; no.

[Visual]
This update will add a visual bar to any items equipped or hovered over using the cursor:

[Known Issues]
If you pick up an item that is equipped and don’t put it down, or pick it up and swap with an item but don’t put that down, the Lifetime for that item will not go down even though it is in reality.

[Edit Note]
Some times have been changed but not the prices. The prices right now are actually less than the item price itself and will be balanced when the time has been properly set.

2 Likes

I have to say that I honestly DON’T like this idea. Sure it makes people like A68 and Lord Avery work more so they don’t just hog all the amazing items, but for the people like me who only really use one or two sets of items, this really really sucks.
Also, what about things like staff titles? My Helper title apparently has a lifetime on it. That’s not cool man.

I also should have mentioned donor items. I don’t think many people would want to donate just to temporarily receive a handful of amazing items, only to lose them in a week or two.

1 Like

If you only use one or two sets of items, then all of your DP can go into those. The R11 items are really cheap to restore compared to everything else.

Moreover, you may not like this idea, but that’s because you are used to being a God in the system. For a long time people have been used to the idea that all items will live longer than themselves, equipped for their chat for eternity and that their beautiful collection of perfection is immutable, and has led to the downfall of the system’s economy.

With the talk about people donating. That is funny Blanc, only two donations that cover less than half of a month’s cost, in the past two months. I’m not focusing on that area when it has been inactive for so long; I will revive it later, when it is needed the most.

Further, Staff Titles will be changed to R12; immortal.

2 Likes

Okay well, if staff titles and command sets are changed to R12, and it’s cheap to keep your R11 stuff alive, then it’s not THAT bad. It’s still kind of sad that I’ll have to keep refreshing my chat color though, and I imagine that’ll be expensive as hell.

1 Like

R11 Items last 2 weeks (14 days) and have a total cost of 10,302 DP in Restoration from 0->100%. So to Maintain an R11 Title and Tag is about 10,302 DP per week total ((10,302*0.5) per week *2 items).

The chat color depends obviously on the Rarity. Higher Rarity will last longer, but cost you more.
R1 => 30m; Cost for 30m = 10,025 DP
R5 => 1h30m; Cost for 30m = 31,875 / 3 = 10,625 DP
R9 => 5h; Cost for 30m = 415,000/10 = 41,500 DP

Update for comparison:
Some time changes to items (temporary though) mean that there are some differences.
R5 => 3h; Cost for 30m = 31,875/6 = 5,312 DP
R9 => 2d; Cost for 30m = 415,000/96 = 4,322 DP
So ye the higher rarities right now are actually cheaper to restore until the times are set properly so that the prices can be too.

2 Likes

I believe this to be a great idea I want to waste all my DP on something so the shop isn’t expensive as hell.

1 Like

This actually genuinely irritates me. A lot. Mostly because builders get next to 0 DP for building. Im sorry but I do NOT want to be forced into farming just to keep my stuff alive. Nor do I want these systems that basically force you to do micromanagement to maximize your item life. Also, R.I.P generosity as gifting an R10 to someone will now be a burden to that person to keep it alive. Like seriously, TWICE the store cost to rep the item from near-dead to full? And only TWO DAYS on a R10 item? Yes that equates to 48 hours active - if you do micromanagement which you are basically forced to - which may seem like a lot, but to those who are highly active such as myself, really isn’t.

You could say “well if you are highly active, you should easily be able to farm the DP to restore items”
Unless you really don’t want to farm and just want to build…
like seriously an R9 color will burn through almost all of my DP in 1 restoration…

This seems like a petty system designed to force anyone who wants to even get started in the trading system to farm a lot and to farm quickly, and purely to make those who want to maintain some good high rarity loadouts that aren’t R11 pay a lot.

Please tell me if I am missing something massive, if I am overreacting, or of my logic is flawed, because in its current state, this system seems completely and utterly stupid and unnecessary.

1 Like

This system currently doesn’t facilitate builders. You cannot even get levels as a builder, so I have no idea why you are complaining about this. It’s about the economy and items. And micromanagement? Really? Doing an action every so hours is not micromanagement. And neither is taking stuff off when you leave. Micromanagement would mean you have to keep yourself doing something, that is definitely not what is happening here.

And you don’t need to farm. You level up, get new items, equip those items. The amount of times you get new items as a new trader without doing much is a lot, and unless they are wanting to keep an item (but seriously, why would you want to keep things like [Retard]).

Further, when they break into the higher levels (which you only get by not building, again your argument makes no sense) you open yourself up to items that are great but require you to change the way you’re managing your levels.

The system is not about settling down in retirement once you’ve got something good. I don’t understand how that would make sense for the economy at all, and quite honestly it detracts from the entire system. In fact, it has worked out quite well. Seeing your reaction, those low rarity items certainly suit your attitude.

2 Likes

I haven’t cleaned my inventory since my last level, no I haven’t. I havent had the desire to. I can understand why seeing as there are so few good builders you would not consider them, but it does irritate me that builders get nothing from the trading system. And that you seem to not care about them. At all.

I guess I just may have to pack up and look for somewhere else to put my few creations. I am sure this is a pleasure to you.

I have nothing more to say.

1 Like

I didn’t say that I don’t care about builders. I’m saying you’re expressing concern for this feature, when it has nothing to do with the feature itself. There’s a separate chain of ideas for builders but nothing solid to implement.

2 Likes

Well I would like some more info on those ideas if that is possible, if not then I just wait for them to solidify.

1 Like

Just look at this (about real estate) https://dark-gaming.com/thread/tsystem-news.2024
The goal is about a way to quantify buildings without making it too easy to make useless crap for XP/DP.

2 Likes

This system is for sure going to take some getting used to, I’m probably going to have a few times break before I learn to take them off once I’m done playing. But overall it does seem like the smart thing to do, me and a couple other people have basically every item we could ever need and are sitting with a stable amount of DP. That being said, I do have two main concerns; one being that certain items break too easily. Yes, they’re low tier colors, but they look nice, and now I can’t wear them while I’m playing as they last 2 hours and I can easily lose track of time. My other concern is that high-leveled players such as myself can’t exactly gain DP without leveling up, which potentially takes a few hours of farming, and there’s a sort of flaw at the moment, where you lose DP for each PvP death but don’t gain DP per kill. I PvP a lot and so I die quite a bit and lose DP, sure I only lose a little bit, but since it takes so long to level I don’t exactly do that very often. But both of my concerns should hopefully be fixed with time. While I might not personally like this new system, I can see that it is needed.

1 Like

I should be able to get the DP stealing in now, because the Auto PvPRanking requires knowing who killed who, although I might need to alter a few things before I can get that in.

The time on the items was purposely set deadly low because I wanted to see the effects in a short time scale before I could scale it back up and be sure that it won’t break. What I will allow people to do though is actually pour all their DP (or however much they want) into over-driving an item so that it can go past its maximum life (or “original” life). Counter to Restore, would be Extend. I need to scale the prices back up, but the Restore price (going to 100% of original life) will be expensive, while the Extend life (going past 100%, but on top of the Restore price) will be cheaper. It means that people can put an investment into an item to make it cheaper to maintain.

The problem is that people still don’t understand that the system isn’t complete and probably will never be. What I have failed to do in the beginning means that all these features that come later seem completely negative and unneeded. It’s not true. The System is suppose to extend the time people spend in the community, but as I see it, before this update, many people got all they wanted and didn’t find a need to use the Trading System anymore. This just negatively impacts new users of the system and confuses the systems view of the economy.

2 Likes

Making items cheaper to maintain, I like this. Even if I do have to sink some DP into em.

1 Like

Now that we’re slightly more on topic of the PvP ranking thing, might I make a suggestion or two?
For one, I think it’s a little too easy to rank up and get demoted as is. If I am to have Diamond rank, and someone else is to have Bronze rank and they kill me ONCE, I usually get demoted, and they usually get an instant Diamond. That’s not okay. The demotion part of the system I’m alright with, as if I have the highest league I’m expected to be very good at PvP, but what I dislike is how easy it is to get the top league just by killing someone with that league one time. If you’re really worth getting into said league you’ll be able to kill that person again most likely. I also think there should be a type of balancing, like I kill you, you kill me, nobody moves a position (unless it’s like Bronze vs Diamond) Furthermore, I think it’d be nice to have another rank in between, like Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond. Makes it a bit more diverse and a bit harder to climb the ranks.

1 Like

Heh, I believe the thing is that it’s being tested in small-scale so it’s a tad unbalanced. I think it works on a point system, and since it’s being reset every little while, the points can’t stack up to create a “balanced” system. Or something like that… Main point is; it will end up being balanced.

1 Like

What about the nubs who have 3DP? We should fight for the nubs!!

1 Like

If you are a nub, than feel free to level up a bit, i maximised my DP product whenever the easter egg hunt came, i went from 300 to 900, i’ll have to remember to take off my items at night though, I don’t want to lose ALL my cool items.

1 Like

The PvP Ranking works better when more people come into it that clearly define boundaries. Right now no one has more than 2 score because the top people keep getting killed by the lowers. When a few people are clearly dominant, they will take the boundaries upwards.

1 Like