ToxicYT ban appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
No, I have no idea what I said could be counted as advertising

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I don’t fully remember the day I was banned, but I am quite sure I was doing nothing along the lines any rational person would count as advertising, but I was banned by a bot, so it probably misunderstood something i said

3 Likes

Please insert your ban link as your response to [Q1]. You can obtain this by attempting to join the server.

Do not post a new appeal; edit your existing one. Post a reply here once you have made the corrections.

3 Likes

K, ive done it

3 Likes

You appear to have put an IP in chat, which triggered the system to ban you. This counts as advertising, according to S1#10:

Could you explain why you did this?

3 Likes

Ok now I think I know what happened
I was on discord before I went on terraria, and I had a discord role ip on my clipboard, I guess I must of accidentally pasted the role ip in chat

3 Likes

Alright, as long as you know what you did wrong.

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

Here it is [quote=“system, post:1, topic:421, username:system”]

10 Advertising

Publicly displaying, trying to display or sending anything closely related to a foreign IP or domain is forbidden. This includes IPv6, IPv4 and local network IP addresses. If you want to tell friends of another server, use “/w” to chat to the player directly. It is still a violation if you use /w or other commands to send out foreign IP addresses or domains as a way of bypassing public chat for advertising purposes. You are allowed to advertise a domain such as “youtube.com ” as it is already commonly known and not directly associated with the content and environment of our servers.

Terraria versions are exempt from this rule (even though they are valid IPv4 addresses) so long as they are being used as versions and someone does not actually have this IP address to advertise, this includes past versions and potential future versions within reason, as well as misspellings of these versions.
[/quote]

3 Likes

That is the correct rule, but it is not properly quoted. Refer to How to quote the rules again to learn how.

3 Likes

OK, this time should work

1 Like

Yes, that is correct.

1 Like
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

1 Like
  1. Yes, I do
  2. Yes, by being more careful with my clipboard
  3. Yes
  4. Yes, I do
1 Like

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

2 Likes