Toxicity/racism in chat

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I was playing on the survival part of the server and a player was really pissing me off so I kind of lashed out and then got banned for toxicity. Though even though I said the N word, I am black myself and I didn’t use hard er, but for server rules I won’t use the word again.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I think my ban was fair because to be honest I went way too far there and learned from my actions.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
Because since that ban I learned to maybe think first before doing, so I think ready to rejoin the server, and even though I’m black I won’t use the word again because I know that creates a very toxic server environment and can offend people, I’m sorry.

7 Likes

You need to follow the format. (How to Appeal Your Ban)
Do not post a new appeal; edit your existing one. Post a reply here once you have made the corrections.

6 Likes

Okay I have the format fixed.

5 Likes

You mentioned in-game that you were also banned from another server. While I am not concerned with what happens outside of Dark Gaming, the fact that you have potentially been banned before makes me uncertain that you indeed will change your trending behavior and follow the rules if unbanned. Additionally, I had given you one warning (via a kick) to stop the racist language, and you blatantly ignored it. Would you care to tell me why? My main issue is I just do not believe that you suddenly have changed overnight. If you wish to add anything else to help your case please do so, since I cannot (and will not) proceed unless I am fairly certain you have changed. Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal.

7 Likes

Okay the ban from the pedguin server was a false ban and I literally got a ban there for nothing I logged in that server and I was just banned okay and now I’m playing on this server, but as I said in the appeal I said that I was black myself and could say it but I said I wanted to be respectful of the server’s rules and not say it, but I lashed out on a player that was bothering me so I went over the line. I already said I would prevent myself from doing that if you unban me and I’ve reflected on that since the ban. And for the reason why I didn’t listen to your kick, I’m sorry as I said i was lashed out and was too heated up, I reflected on that overnight and realized I went to far and I hurt some people, just give me some redemption.

7 Likes

This is a prime example of what has me severely unconvinced that you will change. What you do in real life I have no control over, and does not pertain to what happens here on Dark Gaming.

Also,

This language suggests that you will only change your behavior if you are unbanned. I will not unban you unless you can better prove to me that you have changed. You have not answered my question above about why you ignored my first warning, and have only repeated what you have already said. I am not allowed to proceed unless I can determine you likely have changed, and I refuse to put myself in a scenario where I potentially would have to reban someone for their original ban reason.

6 Likes

Ok we can proceed.

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

6 Likes

I didn’t mean if you unban me, I meant “since the ban I’ve reflected on myself, me saying I will change because of the unban was a typo on my mistake sorry”. And I did answer your question on the kick. “I said that I was too mad at the moment and didn’t listen”.

6 Likes

You edited your first answer after I replied this, which is why it appears as if I didn’t see your response. I did, and I feel confident enough now to move on to the next steps of the appeal process. You can now reference my above message, quoting the rule broken.

5 Likes

#4 Racism / Discrimination

Racism and discrimination are not tolerated in the chat. Any person violating this rule in the chat (or otherwise) will be banned.

5 Likes

That is the correct rule, however it is improperly quoted. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules .

5 Likes

When I do it, it keeps saying “post can’t be empty and won’t let me post it”

6 Likes

Now when I try doing it, it says the blockquote is too similar to what I originally posted

6 Likes

why won’t it let me do it

4 Likes

Rule broken:

5 Likes

That is correct.

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

3 Likes

I understand because what I said was offensive and I how I can avoid that is keeping myself in control from doing that and thinking before I say, since that ban, I have reflected on what I did and realized that I went over the line, and yes, I understand that If I get banned again, I won’t be able to appeal, I’m sorry and have looked at my actions. It won’t happen again

4 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

3 Likes