Thou's Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I broke the rules unknowingly. I was unaware of the dangers of exploiting glitches.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I think that my ban was unfair due to the fact that I was not given a warning/chances to redeem myself.
I find that it is always good to be aware of the glitches. My reason being, that it is easier to understand what is going on around you in the game and what you can do about it. You are also more knowledgeable and easier to get an explanation out of.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I should be unbanned because I meant no harm and was simply trying to test out things that I had thought of, the glitch doesn’t harm anything or anyone. In my eyes, I was finding glitches to make it easier for developers to make there game more enjoyable and less cheese-able, I was going to tell an admin as soon as possible with enough data to prove that it is to be done in a certain way, I do think it depends on internet connection. I had previously worked with Yems on his Crystal Castle map to find glitches, I had found one with a weapon and an ability that would infinitely duplicate and lag and or crash your game.

3 Likes

I didn’t mean to post a second one, I must have double clicked by mistake. Sorry. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Testing was done to confirm how the exploit works and a bug report was already filed, so currently we’re banning on sight any players using the exploit. Thank you for your efforts. Just don’t use it again while it’s still around, got it?

3 Likes

All right ty!

3 Likes

We can proceed, then.

2 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

2 Likes

I broke this rule:

#2 Exploits

An exploit is unintended behavior of the game that can be done without using third-party modifications (as that would be considered violation of S5#1). This also includes unintended behavior of the server. The use of exploits is forbidden and punishable by a ban. It will be up to the discretion of staff to provide a warning instead, where an exploit has a minor impact.

Exceptions to this rule are:

• Hoiks

I believe this is the rule that I have broken. I have reflected on my decision.

2 Likes

That is the correct rule, but it specifically needs to be quoted. Copying and pasting doesn’t work. If you don’t know how to quote a post, refer to my previous reply.

2 Likes

I broke the listed rule.

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

2 Likes

Yes I understand that consequences will be a lot worse if I do it again.

2 Likes

Is that your answer for all four questions?

2 Likes

Yes it is?

2 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

2 Likes