TheShag's ban appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban 11357 (dark-gaming.com)

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
no, I wasn’t aware that saying those sets of numbers would ban me

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
no, I don’t because i have not been aware of those numbers banning you and didnt realize what would happen.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
i like this server, vote for it everyday, and spend most of my terraria playtime here. would be a shame to be locked off it forever

4 Likes

The autoban due to entering 4.4.4.43 in 1.4.4.4.4..4.4.4.43.4..4.4 is not your only recent infraction on your server. You have been using not small amounts of sexual language and similar in the last weeks:

Feb 18: You entered profanity against another user who according to you used hacks.

On the same day you made fun of that a user got banned one time earlier. Getting banned is not something to laugh about.

Right after that that you made a sexual joke about your username.

Feb 19: Here you insulted a user who was according to you racist in a dispute…

… and made again a sexual joke.

Feb 25: There you tried to prevent a user to register enclosing the others using the “we” to harm a user’s experience. That you hated that person was expressed by that you would leave survival. When the user registered you wrote an insult against that player.

20230313_071911
20230313_071901
20230313_071852
On Feb 25 you used some more sexual jokes and insulted a user directly

One day later you built a profane building and proudly displayed that in the forums

20230313_071843
And on Feb 28 you entered another sexual comment

Mar 12: Here you planned to build another middle finger

Then a few minutes later Big Russ sent you your final warning for another sexual joke.

Even after your final warning you did not drop the plan to build another profane building in survival even when you directly spoke to the moderator who sent you your final warning. You denied the profanity in building the middle finger by accusing another user of using NSFW text as name inspiration.

Now you got banned for attempting to spam a multi dotted number to chat.

Can you explain the motivation behind your actions I listed here?

4 Likes

the only motivation i had was i thought it was funny (which it isnt now that i look at it again)

5 Likes

Why did you believe that breaking rules while ignoring official and non official warnings was funny?

Why did you think it was funny to prevent players from registering to get an enhanced gameplay?

Why did you think it was funny to enter NSFW text on a server where are many kids?

4 Likes
  1. i’m not very mature

2. i sometimes get annoyed by the randoms that join survival

3. refer back to 1. im not very mature

5 Likes

Will you ensure that you don’t cause any more mischief by breaking the rules or otherwise annoying the users while being in the server?

Doing jokes by itself is not forbidden but will you keep in mind about who can see the joke and about that it must not violate the rules?

If you feel like that, will you from now on avoid insulting others and similar? A good way would be to take a break if needed.

Also I would like to note that it is generally not so good to expect from everyone that they have already months worth of experience here.

About racists and hackers: If you see someone breaking rules, you should not insult or similar, instead you should screenshot the offence (if you see a hacking user better record this on video) and then use it as evidence to report under Report a Player - Dark Gaming or send a PM to @staff. Then the staff will resolve as good as they can.

Do you understand what I mean with this?

4 Likes
  1. I will remind myself to not break the rules or annoy user while I am in the server.
  2. I will remind myself that there are other people who can see my jokes and remind myself what to not say.
  3. I will take breaks from the DG survival server if I am feeling a bit too frustrated.
  4. I understand your instructions to report a racist/hacker/exploiter instead of insulting them.
5 Likes

OK. We can continue to the next stage of this appeal.

4 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

4 Likes

#5 Profanity and Related

Profanity and related language is to be used rarely and may not be used against someone.

#6 Religious, sexual, political or other

Religious, sexual and political or other related divisive discussions are not to be held within the server. These create divides between players and/or are not suitable for the Terraria audience.

#10 Advertising

Publicly displaying, trying to display or sending anything closely related to a foreign IP or domain is forbidden. This includes IPv6, IPv4 and local network IP addresses. If you want to tell friends of another server, use “/w” to chat to the player directly. It is still a violation if you use /w or other commands to send out foreign IP addresses or domains as a way of bypassing public chat for advertising purposes. You are allowed to advertise a domain such as “youtube.com ” as it is already commonly known and not directly associated with the content and environment of our servers.

Terraria versions are exempt from this rule (even though they are valid IPv4 addresses) so long as they are being used as versions and someone does not actually have this IP address to advertise, this includes past versions and potential future versions within reason, as well as misspellings of these versions.

5 Likes

These are the correct rules, also you broke S0#4 because you tried to prevent a user from registering. However you have to quote the rules, not just copy paste them.

4 Likes

like this?

5 Likes

The racism rule is not correct. You broke the community rule in section 0, clause 4 when you tried to prevent the user from registering.

4 Likes

woops wrong one

5 Likes

Now you quoted all the rules that you broke.

4 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

4 Likes

I understand why my actions broke the quoted rules

I understand and know how to not break them again

I agree that I will not break the mentioned rules in the future

I understand that this is my only chance for an unban and am aware that I will likely not be able to appeal again

4 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

4 Likes