Tested Needed for Updates

We have updated our EU server with some changes:
ip: eu-fra-1.dark-gaming.com
port: 7777

Note that as of now, the EU server is purely just for testing new changes, it is not yet considered as an alternative to joining the US server. The EU server still connects you to the same dimensions with the same players as the US server except Rift/Items.

Whats New

This server contains the latest updates to improve our services. All dimensions are the same except Rift/Items which are hosted on our Europe server. Importantly, our proxy that is responsible for connecting you to each dimension has been updated to the latest version, and Rift/Items has also been updated to the latest version. Both these updates could potentially cause issues.

Before deploying these changes to our main server, we request players to join the EU server and report any issues. Players closer to the EU server should notice better /ping in Rift/Items.

Once these changes are tested as not introducing new issues, and we deploy these changes to our main (US) server, the only remaining dimensions to be outdated will be Build, Gamemodes (not Zombies/Duel, just the main lobby) and Survival. I will be updating Gamemodes shortly after.

9 Likes

Will this simply be an update to the items dimension and rift’s proxy?

8 Likes

I don’t really see anything too out of the ordinary on the EU server, so far everything seems fine to me

7 Likes

i did some map testing and not much happened

although i got a huge lagspike unfortunately

5 Likes

No, it’s an update to the middleman between your client and the actual Terraria server, as well as an update to Rift and Items. That means even connecting to and playing PvP in the EU region could have issues if that middleman has a bug.

7 Likes

If anyone (other than above two) does end up testing it, please let me know here that you did so and what you managed to do so I can keep track of who helped test and what was tested.

7 Likes

I tested it from an American computer, slight delay due to me being accross the pond, but overall feels the same.

6 Likes

I’m in the Americas. I played Zombies for about 2 minutes, left, and then went to PvE and did a couple spawns of Queen Bee and Plantera. Along the way I also found a guy cheating and banned them through Phase (which recognized me as online through the EU proxy), then kicked them after running /slap on them to verify they were cheating.

I also had one strange instance where I think my client thought the PvE world was on Classic while on the proxy? I don’t know how else to describe it, but in one session on the proxy I noticed I was taking noticeably more damage on my PvE loadout than usual (54 ish a hit from Plantera contact damage compared to high 20s, low to mid 30s a hit normally). Then I checked my inventory and somehow my Expert and Master accessory slots were disabled:

I haven’t been able to replicate it yet, and it seemed to have fixed itself when I rejoined. This second screenshot was also on the EU proxy after I rejoined, and my Expert and Master accessory slots were usable:

8 Likes

Soon I will be switching over the main IP to the EU server for a proper test

8 Likes

I managed to replicate this accessory slot bug. Upon closer inspection, it’s not that my client thinks I’m in a Classic world since the Master mode slot is still usable, but instead when going between SSC dimensions I lose my Demon Heart slot even though in this case when I went to Survival for this test, I had my Bypass SSC command item on which means I should’ve kept it anyways since my normal player has it. The game just dims both slots even though one of them is still functional:

Actions taken in detail

First, I join the server and load one of my fake Survival loadouts to help clear my inventory. After that, I run /who to verify I’m connected to the EU server (since /who shows where you’re connected to at least for the EU server) and then join Survival. My items load successfully (also my health was set to 100 for some reason, that’s another bug?) and I’m able to manage the accessories in my Demon Heart and Master accessory slots, the 6th and 7th slots, taking them off and putting them back. When I return to Rift, both the 6th and 7th slots are dimmed. Taking off the accessory in the 7th slot leaves the empty slot there instead of it immediately disappearing since there’s nothing else in the row; the slot disappearing is what normally happens when you take off the extra accessories in a world that can’t support them. I then take off the accessory in the 6th slot and the 7th slot disappears, but the 6th one brightens up again indicating that it can be used. I then use /i to give myself a Demon Heart and I am able to use it. Players that previously used a Demon Heart can’t use one again, but since I was able to use it only explanation was that my Demon Heart slot was disabled somehow.

This makes sense with what happened when I originally found it: I went to Zombies (which uses SSCs to manage player inventories for games) and then left it to go to PvE. Leaving Zombies disabled my Demon Heart slot, which is what led to both it and the Master slot being dimmed when I was originally found the issue.

8 Likes

I will look into this

5 Likes

Note I have split users connecting via t.dark-gaming.com based on region between EU/US entrypoint. If you are in europe you will be connecting to the EU entrypoint, everyone else will go to the US entrypoint.
For now if you need to connect to a specific one use:
US: us-tx-1.t.dark-gaming.com
Europe: eu-fra-1.dark-gaming.com

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.