Suggestions on how to improve as a person being here

Hello, to improve my reputation I ask you fir some feedback on what to improve. I know that that is a never ending learning process and that no one is perdect and that doung errors is normal.
I will ask that about weekly but as replies to this thread and not new threads as that produces more spam.

INFO: I allow to necropost this.

7 Likes

I don’t know

6 Likes

Idk u seem like a pretty nice person

5 Likes

try not to be an insult word in dark gaming (mini-glasia=minimod)

4 Likes

Why do you think that Glasia is an insult word like the B, F, M or N word even if it is not in the dictionary? Closest is the capital of Scotland, Glasgow, in the dictionary.

6 Likes

People use your name to call people out for mini-modding

5 Likes

B,F and M words? What are they

6 Likes

They likely violate this:

6 Likes

Yeah, i forgor :skull:

6 Likes

Why do they still do it? I think I was the only one who heavily minimodded ever, namely in Jun 21 - Sep 21 and then less and less till March 22.

6 Likes

I don’t know about anybody else, but this came off as a little rude to me

anyway glasia, I’m not really sure. you’re improving, so all I can say is be yourself, I suppose.

5 Likes

Thank you for your inspiring text.

6 Likes

I’m going to be upfront and address the biggest problem people had with you, something that twofoursixeight already touched upon:

You’re too concerned with reporting people and keeping the server in check.

Yes, it’s important to punish the rulebreakers and make the server a safe place for everyone, but doing so extremely often gets you an unwanted reputation, and it makes people think that you’re not doing all these reports for the right reasons.

A lot of server members shared this sentiment for quite a while. You often reported active members for minor reasons, and said minor reason always ended in a ban. You aren’t 100% to blame for these bans, as DG’s rules system is quite strict, which i think is okay, considering how many young, gullible members are on the server, but the fact that you fully endorsed the strict ruleset all the time left little leniency for what members were allowed to do or say.

There are several instances where a member was banned for a silly joke that no one believed was breaking the rules, and no one thought that they should get banned for it, but because it fell under the strict rules, the ban was justified.

If you’ve noticed, i’ve been referring to your actions in the past-tense. This is because i haven’t seen many absurd reports from you, only 100% reasonable ones. I don’t know if you’re aware of how you got your reputation, but i’m glad you’re toning down your reports to improve your reputation.

tl;dr: you reported way too much, borderline abusing the strict rules, giving you a negative reputation among active members, but you seem to be taking steps to undo your negative reputation.

6 Likes

I heard that I need to learn to see jokes because it is important for social things. For me it is hard because I am autist but I will never give up! Can you do at some random time a surprise test on whether I can see if something is a joke (2 things to consider: don’t say explicitly that that is the test, and of course do not break any rules, because I don’t want you in trouble).

Edit:
I forward today special thanks to @Maidenator and to @HarmfulCrane because they did not hesitate at 2022-10-15T15:40:00Z to critisize me even when I just said I almost reported text without context and when Maidenator told me tips and examples of what I did wrong. Now I don’t have so much fear to express my concerns when someone enters controverse talk and I learnt also how you felt under my “dark-green influence” last year.

How can I help you? Or we can just quickly chat in DMs.

6 Likes

What I was referring to was the fact that they called me mini-glasia in their negative vocab, not that glasia was used as an insult. Sorry, was not intentionally trying to be rude.

in response to

6 Likes

For reporting they called you that in PMs?

6 Likes

It was in pvp longue discord around august.
Another example is “da Cornball”, referring to my reports for people calling me “cornball” and this post:What just happened, and why the insane kill streak?

6 Likes

reviving the conversation for anyone that cares
honestly, I care that you are helping stop people from introducing excess profanity and racial slurs. it’s a them problem, not a you problem.
just like, don’t go crazy and stuff, I can’t think of any other word for it, just be aware of the context. Like how everyone is afraid of the new Minecraft Java moderating system, and how no one likes it. Do not let this get to your head.

6 Likes

Just saying “Can we not talk about this here” when s.xual text is entered is not minimodding because I am expressing my concerns. “No s.xual text.” is however minimodding as that sounds like a staff warning. This is what I learnt some days ago.

7 Likes

Also I must strongly constrain myself to not to enter strange text else it derails chat.
I can do it!

6 Likes