Subatai's Ban Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
http://dark-gaming.com/ban/5193, ‘‘Blatant racism’’

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I did not break the rules knowingly as I was banned on account for a family member’s actions. Upon questioning this family member about their actions, I asked this exact question and they replied ‘‘I’m sorry I got you banned, but I didn’t even know there were rules on that server.’’. To be fair even I didn’t know there were rules on your server.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I absolutely think that this ban was just from the perspective of the staff member and the knowledge they possessed and although I do not have evidence for my case with the knowledge I have disclosed I believe the ban was not just.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I think with the knowledge I have displayed I should be given a second chance to play on your server as again the ‘‘Blatant racism’’ that was offended under my name was not performed at my own bidding, thus I think I deserve to be pleaded. In terms of punishment for the honest offender, I have already notified their parents regarding this situation but I vastly suppressed the true extent of their actions and the implications because I didn’t want to give them a hard time.

2 Likes

I am also curious to know how potent the racism was to get me permanently banned from your server. Thanks in advance for your time.

3 Likes

Answer:

On the appeal:

It’s an unsafe and dangerous assumption to make. If your assumption is that racist behaviour is allowed by default, then fundamentally, your core values are at odds with this server.

You’re saying that the ban made against racist behaviour, which is outlined in the rules as an immediate ban, is not just?

Your case rests on two parts. The first, that you were not aware of the rules (in this case, the ones broken) and the second, that you did not perform the act that lead to the ban.

Claim 1

Not knowing the rules is not a reason neither a justification to having broken them. Usually, this ban appeal process ensures that people know the rules before they are allowed back into the server, this can in many cases be enough. However in this scenario, racist behaviour in a public chat is not something that can be reasonably expected as allowed, regardless of having read any rules or not. This points to a problem that is not resolvable by just getting you to reading the rules.

Claim 2

You can claim that it wasn’t you, but it being you or not is irrelevant. The ban applies either way because you are here, banned. People could claim it wasn’t them for every ban; it would solve nothing each time. Pointing a finger at someone else doesn’t resolve the problem. It’s also not convincing that the problem won’t come up again considering it has happened in the first place.

1 Like

‘‘Not knowing the rules is not a reason neither a justification to having broken them. Usually, this ban appeal process ensures that people know the rules before they are allowed back into the server, this can in many cases be enough. However in this scenario, racist behaviour in a public chat is not something that can be reasonably expected as allowed, regardless of having read any rules or not. This points to a problem that is not resolvable by just getting you to reading the rules.’’

I don’t think you are understanding my situation. A relative hopped onto my laptop and said these racist things because they thought it was funny and they have been punished for this, what more do you want on that end? Sure you can argue that their actions are of my responsibility and that is true to some extent but in my personal judgement I don’t think my responsibility for their actions or my ignorance of the rules suffices to me being permanently banned from your server.

‘‘It’s an unsafe and dangerous assumption to make. If your assumption is that racist behaviour is allowed by default, then fundamentally, your core values are at odds with this server.’’

I am fairly new and very inexperienced to Terraria Servers and I am not familiar with the ways in which they work and for some reason disregarded the idea of rule enforcement or rules at all. You seem to believe that this is fundamentally flawed and this makes me inherently racist which is at odds with the server. Looking back on it, it was very foolish of me to think that their were no rules but this absolutely does not mean that I condone or partake in racism. This relative partook these activities while I was doing my business on the toilet and I was not supervising it in any way nor aware of these actions until I found out I was banned the next day. Again I have ran these errands and the correct discipline has been overseen by their parents.

‘‘It’s important to understand that all bans are forced through the process of an appeal. All bans have no expiry date. We do this to ensure that if someone is banned, that they get a chance to read through the rules and understand why they were banned, and how they can avoid being banned in the future.’’

Even after all this a substantial flaw in my case is that I don’t have the logos to prove my innocence and there is no foreseeable way I can provide the evidence and to this I plead for your discretion. I recognise the mistakes I have made both subjectively and objectively regarding the rules. You can take my word for it that I would never even think about saying these vile things and my uncle, aunt and I have came to a compromise that my supervision is required if my cousin is to use my laptop. I hope we get to play on your server again because I love my cousin and I love your server. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.