Serra's ban appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
ban.dark-gaming.com/8271
I was banned for “advertising” an IPv4/6 address in the survival dimension
IP in question:1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8 (5.6.7.8)

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
The ban was unfair. I wrote the message "sakuri did you see the popup 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8?” shortly after a successful defeat of the wall of flesh boss. My message was sent in response to a question by the player sakuri who, at the time, was wondering if they were eligible to receive a boss bag. The series of numbers and periods I sent made reference to an auto-generated message which displays the names of the eight players who did the most damage which appears upon the death of any boss entity (1) and not an IP address. Being able to view to the damage % ranking message ensures one’s eligibility to obtain a boss bag since it also displays your name below the 8th name on that list if even if you failed to deal significant damage but still managed to hit the boss at least once. (2) I included “1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8” in my reply without spaces because I was in a dangerous part of the hell biome with several enemies nearby and carelessly decided it would save time to quickly type an abbreviated version of the message without including names or other details which usually accompany the auto-generated % damage ranking. My message was not created with the intent to advertise the IPv4/6 “5.6.7.8”. Furthermore I am not affiliated in any way with said IP address.

(1) In further discussion I will utilize the term % damage ranking to refer to this phenomenon
(2) On the DG survival server it is common knowledge that dealing even just one point of damage to a boss allows a player to pickup a bag after it is defeated. The % damage ranking displays the exact amount of damage a player did to the boss and essentially acts as a certificate for proof of ownership (even if left unclaimed) to a boss bag

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
This appeal should be accepted because:
1.) I was banned for writing a harmless message with the purpose of helping another player.
2.) I will now refrain from sending sequences of numbers separated by periods in chat to avoid accidentally advertising unknown IP addresses on the server.
3.) I did not knowingly nor intentionally break the following rule(s)

4 Likes

You need to follow the format (There’s no space between the question and their respective answers; look at other valid ban appeals for reference.)
Do not post a new appeal; edit your existing one. Post a reply here once you have made the corrections.

4 Likes

edited the spacing

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

2 Likes

I broke this rule:

2 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

2 Likes
  1. yes
  2. i shall not post any string of numbers separated by periods which could be mistaken for/ be an existing IP addresses
  3. yes
  4. yes
2 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

2 Likes