Sentries idea: booster

sqrt(12+2) is 3.7

4 Likes

Theres no sqrt in the formula though.

4 Likes

I used it in PHP. Idk this is

4 Likes

what i mean is that there’s no sqrt in your formula in the suggestion. Also, wont something like this just decrease the range of most sentries?

4 Likes

Its range. We speaking about

4 Likes

Why can it happen

4 Likes

If something’s range is for example 25 blocks, booster t1-t5 would turn it to 14-24 blocks.

4 Likes

Why? Does it happen with repair or bank
Or
I mean there range of sentry not sentry’s boost

4 Likes

Is the range boost for the Boost Sentry itself or for the sentries within its range? If the latter, then Weird has a point.

5 Likes

This (additional 10 chars)

4 Likes

K ill answer in atleast 3 hours

3 Likes

I think the main reason for why this isn’t a great idea is that the Sentries meta with whatever it currently has is very fine-tuned and balanced. Adding something like this would maybe not completely unbalance, but would definitely upset the meta and need a ton of changes, since this affects the power of other sentries, which are already carefully balanced.

3 Likes

Oh k 2 hours

2 Likes

Why not add for custom lobby it to change and nerf/buff it. We aren’t able to upload ready, most balanced variant. It’s life

2 Likes

Ill just remember that

• on first tiers snipe sentry much better than nade and minigun;
  • Bank sentry can collect TOO much points (i saw bank with 8m, if you destroy this, you can defend with bank
  • Nade sentry self-destroys

Just few examples

2 Likes

You gave a suggestion to make sentry more op, yet youre giving some examples of sentry being op.

3 Likes

I don’t get the point of this sentry, why not just upgrade the other sentries?

2 Likes

Its same like: Why shaman exist when you can just heal and upgrade hp in solo

1 Like

Shaman is very different in many ways. For one HP chests have varying prices, they’re controlled by the map creator. It targets one specific field: HP and Healing

Meanwhile this sentry is too versatile. It boosts Interest/Debuff Time/Max HP/Damage even though that’s what upgrading those sentries are for. It also boosts Regen even though that’s what Repair Sentry is for. It just attempts to replace upgrade

I get what you mean with Shaman, but Shaman is far less versatile than Booster Sentry

2 Likes

You can nerf it.

• No max hp boost
  • When upgrade for example 100k, you will choose minor buff for 6.5 k or upgrade for 100k

Shaman for people, booster for sentry

1 Like