Sentries idea: booster

New sentry idea: boost(er)

Support sentry

Increases life regen, sentries work

When couple of boost sentries nearby, works only more upgraded

Health (first tier - 100): sqrt(Max hp)+Max hp+Tier
Damage boost: sqrt(sqrt( boost sentry tier)) * Damage
interest boost: interest rate + (boost sentry tier * 0,1)
debuff duration: (boost sentry tier + emitter sentry tier) * 2 + debuff duration
repair/tank max hp: sqrt(repair/tank sentry tier + boost sentry tier) (percent amount)
range: 12 + (Tier *2)
regen boost: Tier *2
Hope it will added (pls)

Hp booster?

5 Likes

It might be useful for attack sentries (they have low hp)

5 Likes

This is way too op and i can see no future where something like this could be balanced and added to the game.

5 Likes

Can you quote what is OP cuz i think it’s normally balanced (k dmg is a bit OP)(nerfed)

5 Likes

Just the whole idea of simply placing a sentry and getting buffs for your sentries just like that is op.

What would be its placing cost multiplier? Emitter is 0.25x, Bank is 0.5x, Repair is 1x, Minigun Tank and Sniper are 2x, Nade is 1.5x or 2x, so what would this be?

5 Likes

What. Please quote

5 Likes

Damage nerfed 1 more time

5 Likes

Im trying to say that no matter how much you try to balance this ability, it wont be balanced. Theres no specific thing wrong with it, its just the concept of the ability thats too op.

5 Likes

I’m not an expert on Sentries, but wouldn’t this be only HP equal to the tier? Or does “Max hp” have to with it, then… what is “Max hp”?

5 Likes

Is boost sentry hp

5 Likes

I don’t think a range modifier is possible, although I could be wrong.

I also agree with Weird—a single sentry which powers up every nearby sentry’s stats would be extremely powerful. It could quite easily turn sentries into devastating forces when they’re already an exceedingly powerful choice as an ability—for example, adding a percentage of a Tank Sentry’s health to it would even make a T1 Boost Sentry into a very powerful buff when paired with a decently high-tier Tank. In fact, Boost Sentries could act as cheaper upgrades to Tanks when they get expensive in their later tiers—a T12+ Tank gets quite hard to upgrade later on thanks to the sheer cost, but just upgrade a low-tier Boost Sentry and it’ll cost less while still massively empowering the Tank in both HP and regeneration. Those high tiers of Tank have over 10,000 HP, meaning even a 10% boost gives them another >1000 to survive many more hits with.

4 Likes

Yes. That is obvious

The Numbers Mason. What do they mean?! : gaming

I don’t know what “Max hp” means though.

5 Likes

1st tier - 100
2nd tier - 10 + 100 + 2 = 112
3rd tier - 10,58 (11) + 112 + 3 = 126

5 Likes

3,7% (12+2) is TOO much

4 Likes

What do you mean?

5 Likes

If u wanna REALLY big boost from boost sentry u need upgrade it not to 1 tier, too low boost

4 Likes

I know this wasn’t the original idea, but what if the booster boosted nearby players instead of the sentries, like a reverse emitter sentry? It could give idk, some kind of positive buffs like nebula regen or speed. It seems very strong to only buff sentries.

4 Likes

Its my idea and if someone made it its random

I made these for 2 hours. Are you serious?

4 Likes

uhh im pretty sure 3.7% of 12 isnt 2

4 Likes