Senator Armstrong 's Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
Yes

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Somewhat. yes I was breaking the rules but in all honesty I think the immediate ban overkill. I was using the arenas for practice and tried to used empty ones to not bother people One warning or kick would have been enough and I would’ve stopped immediately.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I had a lot of fun in dark gaming zombies And would like to get back to it. nothing like this will come from me again

2 Likes

So what I’m getting at is that you’re okay with cheating as long as there’s others who aren’t around that wouldn’t interfere or be bothered? Why not just use a singleplayer world for that same purpose where there’s no consequences to using a modified client instead of on a server where there’s rules stating that that’s not allowed?

This doesn’t help too much in telling me why you should be unbanned given what you said in your appeal previously. If you were unbanned, what will stop you from just cheating again if you’re alone? What can we use to trust that you won’t break the rules again?

2 Likes

Yeah not my brightest moment I saw a massive pre built arena and assumed I could get away with it

And I’m not sure what i’m expected to say here or what I should say but surely if I were to again I would likely be caught again farther ruining Any chances I have to get back on the server which I would like to avoid
I’m not sure what else you expect me to give you here other than my word but you have my word

2 Likes

What about things you can do? What will you do to make sure this doesn’t happen again if you were unbanned?

2 Likes

I could take the time to build an Arena so there’s no reason for me to use the servers and put a video of it on Discord idk. That’s all that comes to mind.

2 Likes

What about getting rid of the modified client or whatever it was that you used for godmode? I think doing that to help move on from cheating is pretty important, since if it’s just there as an option then there’s no much that’ll stop you from doing it again.

2 Likes

I used terrasaver

2 Likes

Alright. That’d be under the “whatever else it was” part, so did you delete the modified character?

2 Likes

Yeah a while ago

2 Likes

Sounds good, then. Don’t do that again on the server.

2 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

2 Likes

This is the rule I broke

1 Hacked Clients [or Modified Clients]

All types of modified clients that deviate gameplay functionally in any way from the original Terraria client are forbidden; this also includes using 3rd party programs, such as Inventory Editors, to modify your character to possess impossibilities. However, texture packs are exempt.

2 Likes

Something seems to have broken. When you have a chance, please fix it (either in a new reply or by editing the previous reply) so we can proceed.

2 Likes

I assume you mean the thing above the rule

2 Likes

Uh… no, that was part of it. Now it’s gone, the rules are just copied and pasted instead of specifically being quoted. They need to be quoted to move on to show specifically where you found that rule from.

2 Likes

I followed all the instructions perfectly so if this isn’t right I cannot conceive of what I’m doing wrong

2 Likes

Saw the attempted quote in the original rules post: yes, that seems to be formatted as a quote correctly. But it needs to be here in the appeal, not on the original rules post. To do that, open a reply here, put in any character, then while keeping the reply draft open, navigate to the rules by the link I listed previously. Once you do that, you should be able to quote the rule from the rules post as a reply here instead of on the rules post.

2 Likes

Th e rule I broke

2 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

2 Likes