Rework gm lobby

What I think NetherOw’s trying to say:

-Move some Rift-accessible dimensions to Gamemodes

-Rebuild Gamemodes to fit this

-Add in his other suggestions

To me, this sounds okay, but it would require major reworks and a lot of effort. These are all kind of suggestions that rely on each other, what if it’s too complicated or not needed?

6 Likes

You never directly said that, but you also never directly said “I suggest that Gamemodes lobby should be rebuilt to be smaller”, either. Hence, I took a guess, from

that you were proposing for some of the modes whose portals exist in Rift to be moved to the Gamemodes lobby. I interpreted it as that for “more concentrated”. Again, why move modes out of Rift into Gamemodes? Gamemodes seems to be mostly for the modes that are less vanilla than most (Zombies, Duels, and Gun Game in the works I think).

7 Likes

Different for rift and player battles

5 Likes

If others gms will added (any), it might be confusing

6 Likes

What?

The current lobby has both the space for more entrances for games as well as for them to be labeled.

6 Likes

New Gamemodes can be added… into Gamemodes. I don’t think there’s any reason to move other normal dimensions into there, since they are not Gamemodes.

7 Likes

Now i hope u understand

4 Likes

Player battles would be PvP. Duels will be in PvP once the plan for it is thoroughly completed. Separating the two of them into their own lobby would create something equivalent to the PvP option there currently is in rift.

I don’t see how it would be confusing. Gamemodes will be added to the gamemodes dimension. That’s what gamemodes is. It’s Rift, but for additional modes to play, that are not already features of the original game.

Rift will likely not be having anything else added to it, simply due to the fact that I doubt the Terraria Devs themselves will actually be adding anything else to the game.

6 Likes

I
Not
Say
Move
It
To
Gm
I
Say
Create
New
Lobby
For it

4 Likes

Why do you want to compartmentalize dimensions? That would make things more confusing.

What’s the point of limiting the ease of accessibility?

Currently, there are 7 dimensions, and 6 of them are linked to Rift via warp plate. It’s not like we have so many dimensions that it warrants compartmentalization.

7 Likes

So create another /gamemodes equivalent to host things that could easily be added to gamemodes itself or to rift. There’s also just chat commands for each dimension.

6 Likes

Is that really hard remake building so we created 32 reply atleast??

4 Likes

We don’t need a new portal for every single different method to play on the server. There aren’t a lot of extra modes present or even in the works at the moment, so a bigger lobby would be completely unnecessary. Sure, it’d be nice to explore. But arguably it’d be more confusing if there’s lots more empty space with no explanation.

6 Likes

I think you should clarify your nomenclature, because you’re under the assumption that we all understand it.

This is based on my current understanding:

gm(s) Minigames or the Gamemode Dimension depending on context???
Pools Warp Plates
Lobby Hub Dimension
5 Likes

Thanks for proving my point

5 Likes

Gm- gamemode
Gms - gamemodes

4 Likes

It’s not a matter of difficulty, the entire idea just seems… Unnecessary. Completely.

Gamemodes is for gamemodes. When a new feature, separate from the vanilla game is added, it will go there. That’s the “lobby” for them. I don’t see confusion as a relevant argument because all you need to do to understand what you’re entering is to be able to read what mode it is.

For the modes in /rift, they will likely not change. They’re there specifically because they’re modes that are offered in the vanilla game itself. Survival is Survival, PvE is bosses. PvP is fighting someone else, and Build is building.

Creating a new lobby, or essentially a “hub”, what rift and gamemodes are, for each category of modes is excessive. It will only lead to more confusion.

5 Likes

Are you referring to the dimension or generic minigames?

6 Likes

Wrong suggestion, its about rebuild

5 Likes

Lets just say this idea and most of the other ideas are unnecessary and bad, since if not thisll just be an endless arguement.

4 Likes