Remove the levers teleporting npc’s from survival

With the 1.4 update came a new mechanic called npc happiness. The happier the npc, the lower the price. People want the lowest prices possible to save money, but when someone hits the lever teleporting npc’s that isn’t possible and you have to wait till night for them to move back into their house. I suggest removing the levers to stop this from happening and frustrating a lot of people.

This was already implemented a while back, but the changes were later rescinded.

Unless the NPC is homeless, their physical proximity to one another won’t be accounted for when it comes to NPC happiness.

5 Likes

Something that can be accounted for, though, and can be annoying at that is if the NPC is 120 or more tiles from their home, because if that’s the case, their shop prices are set to the maximum 150% prices, no matter what. As a result, if NPCs are teleported out of their home via the King/Queen statues and levers linked to them, and the NPCs end up two far away from their home, people will first have to run back to the NPC before finding that the prices may have skyrocketed due to being far from home.

6 Likes

Haven’t played a lot in survival but from my experience the levers are handy there so if someone lives far from spawn we can get them there fast.

5 Likes

This is a rule of NPC Happiness I did not consider, but in counterargument, players simply have to construct housing near spawn.

In addition, the reason why we have levers in the first place is to provide equal accessibility to NPCs for all players. Unless pricing is such a weighty issue to consider, I do not think this change will be implemented.

5 Likes

That’s why /warp exists. If someone lives in the jungle you do /warp jungle to get to them.

4 Likes

What about when your trying to buy something from a certain npc that only sells that item in the jungle I.e. the witch doctor?

4 Likes

Wdym?
/warp is useful, but aren’t you under the assumption that all players make NPC housing near warpzones?

Also, in relation to NPCs that have biome requirements to sell certain items, don’t players normally build artificial biomes?

5 Likes

Your right I never considered that

5 Likes

Or alternatively, it’s time to get down to building and moving :hammer_and_wrench:
Make something beautiful.

4 Likes

This is unrelated to the topic of debate, but man, back then in the day, we got some good builders on Survival before.

4 Likes

Yes the og days were good times

4 Likes

I legitimately hate the NPC levers.

3 Likes

Actually, there is an alternative to levers, although I’m not sure if it’ll ever be implemented.

Some servers modify /tpnpc so that you can only teleport to friendly NPCs.

3 Likes