Remove Cart dashable rails in PVP

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Rails

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Remove (almost) all cart dashable rails.

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Fights in FFA will truly never end, ontop of resistances from Beetle armour, and solar armour + the mobility of insignia, we’ve already seen people very successfully camp and run away from fights in the FFA arena. As a player, I want to kill other players in FFA and the introductions of these rails truly make it impossible to kill certain players without totally focusing your utmost dedication to them. Truly unfun experience in a meta that already seriously rewards players who wish to camp and run away, now this playstyle has been vindicated.

[Anything else you would like to note]
Just truly not fun, when I play in FFA I would like to actually fight players, and this just promotes non-interaction. Apologies for being mean, but this change needs to be reverted as soon as possible, the community as a whole does not want this.

1 Like

Tbf tho cdashing is useful for weapons like lances so there’s potential for some epic lance kills if they remain there and besides most randoms don’t even know what cdashing is or how to utilize it

4 Likes

I for one am willing to accept the return of cdashing if it means having fun with lances

4 Likes

no
filler text

4 Likes

Why are you afraid that Skemor will return and begin Skemor jumpscares with the SJL lmao

4 Likes

shadow /hallowed jousting lance does not deal enough damage due to caps/lack of damage

3 Likes

Doesn’t the movement correction system still exist? Was this not why c-dashing was removed? I understand that more players are wanted in PvP, but this likely is not the way to draw them back to DG. If you want to bring back the old players, you would need to do something pretty significant, like changing the actual FFA arena’s terrain entirely. Plus, all c-dashing encourages is for players to run and escape, which would seem more suitable to a tag or hide-and-seek gamemode rather than PvP. Nothing is more frustrating than fighting someone that constantly runs rather than fights, and c-dash rails just further enable players to do this. For them to be randomly added back kind of makes me question why they were removed in the first place, but I’ve grown to prefer PvP without c-dashing regardless.

5 Likes

I agree with the removal because with C dashes then the hooking will be disregarded and also if you move above 60 mph the position correction kicks in at higher pings and c dashers would scream “WHY DOES THE SERVER TELEPORT ME AROUND?!!” because not many are aware of the position correction. Also C dashing may encourage a bit pvp logging.

It would have been better for the pvp managers to ask the community before implementing this as this has great impact on gameplay.

3 Likes

I can go an average of 60-75 mph in PVP without cartdashing. Featherfall mobility and empress wings allows me to reach those speeds.

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Removal of (most) cart dashable rails:

I remember when you made this post, and no offense. But I almost never see people cart dash anymore. Once again no offense but I feel like this might only benefit you.

4 Likes

Ahh I see the issue.

Why exactly were these put back, specifically the one at spawn?

5 Likes

What goes against the removal is that cart-dashing was nerfed. Mechanical cart’s upgrade kit does not work for DG at the moment, and the cart dash is typically going at normal speed if you get it from the DG’s item server.

@Legolas added back in the cartdash mechanics.

However, what goes towards the removal is a lot of things, including the community. The entire community hates cdashes.

Why did Legolas#1 add cartdash anyways? This is why this suggestion exists. However, the community does not want this.

Now that I think about it, Legolas added cartdash to see how many PvPers will come back. However, the community has decided that cart dashing is not worth
After a quick attempt on evidence, this is what my evidence is:

Searching up “cdash” brings up the following:
Here are some more negative opinions on discord:

There are a few positive opinions however, but they only come from @Solowing_Pixy :

After my research, cdash is a thing no-one wants. However, it got nerfed. Make your decision.

4 Likes

That was… interesting. even though I’m not a PvP main, I will vote for this because it seems it is mostly hated.
Also, most pvpers I think that left do not check their DG discord/forums, so…

4 Likes

Eh still potential for some epic kills tho maybe even funny moments

5 Likes

cdash my beloved

6 Likes

I’m gonna be sad if it all goes away again I’m actually having fun trying to get kills with the remaining cdash rails :sob:

5 Likes