Removal of (most) cart dashable rails

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
cart-dash enabling rails

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Removal of most of them in the duel arenas, and some in the FFA arena.

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
After taking some time to move around in the duel arenas, I’ve found that its pretty easy to circle-camp players by continuously abusing cartdashes along with sporadic slime bouncing, in order to effectively move around the map at a speed that would make fighting against it totally obnoxious. In FFA, remove one or two cartdash rails that allows you to jump across the entire map, it sort of defeats the purpose of Free for all, when one or two players just decide to start non-playing and merely cart dash around the arena while taking a few pot shots, that can muddy the FFA experience.

[Anything else you would like to note]
Cart dashing is fine as a mechanic, but quickly becomes problematic when its too easy to use, and too effective for the amount of effort put in. It’s also not very fun trying to catch players who move a mile-a-minute, and pvp should be fun first and foremost.

Here before war breaks out.

7 Likes

Fr tho, IMO this could be a real problem.

6 Likes

a real problem? it just hinders movement a bit, at the cost of fixing an actual real problem

5 Likes

No no I meant this post, in regards to what helfire said.

5 Likes

Here i am moments before i record another “discord” argument and upload it to yt >:)

5 Likes

I’m already following your account lmao, I’m waiting for the upload :hahmirror:

6 Likes

(wait WHAT i wasn’t actually gonna do-)
Noice. Now we wait for someone to rise and start it

6 Likes

a literal skill issue. it’s only obnoxious if you don’t know how to do it too

4 Likes

What specific rails would you suggest we remove?
It’s easy to say “I do not like cart dashing in PVP and think it would be better without it” but when faced with this option I’m not sure it’s as easy as “taking out some of the rails in PVP”

4 Likes

Any rails that allow you to move over 50% of the length of the arena. If you want we can always just go into FFA and the Duel arenas and I can test the rails and point out which ones are easily abused

6 Likes

This is about 95% of the rails that exist.

6 Likes

Kishou and I have done a call where we change a few rails.
2 or 3 rails in FFA have been turned into the updated blanc rail formula.
3 rails in the Autumn Duel have been updated, and all rails were given diamond gemspark walls.
5 rails in the Forest Duel have been updated, and all rails were given diamond gemspark walls.
Alongside this, the Forest duel has had a slight shift in the layout near the honey pool.

4 Likes