Ranking Suggestions/ Rewards

Hello there.
I would like to make a few suggestions for ranks on the server. Such as:

1. [i] [color=cyan] True Dark-Gamer [/i] [/color] (A rank given to DTP members with over 3 million DP, level 200+, and top 5 on the leaderboard. This is a rank given to people who have spent a long and hard time levelling up and obtaining DTP stats.)

2. [i] [color=red] PvP God [/i] [/color] (A rank given to people with over 1000 PvP kills, more than 3million PvP damage and is known for being a good PvPer)

3. [i] [color=pink] YouTuber [/i][/color] (A rank given to a Youtuber with 350+ subscibers, who has/is advertised the server on more than 3 occasions. This member should be well known by the community and should have been a YouTuber for more than 6 months.

4. [i] [color=black] Top Voter [/i] [/color] (A rank given to the top voter of the server for a monthly basis. Simple.)

5. [i] [color=green] Ultra Active Member [/i] [/color] (A rank given to a player who is on almost every day, has been on the server for a year or more and is well known by the community.)

Most of these ranks will just be R11 colored titles, but maybe Rofle will give some commands to some of these. I personally think this is an amazing idea and an encouraging way to get more people to do stuff on the server, plus I think it adds a BUNCH more spice to the server.

Thanks for reading, and goodnight.

I’ll get Ultra Active Member alright >.>
Maybe a rank “The Ancient”
Player who has been on the server since 1.2/for 2 years?

1 Like

Yes, 2 years is more than the required time and I’m pretty sure anyone who is anyone knows who you are xD

When I say Advertised for the YouTuber rank, I mean made a video on the server

1 Like

At least rename it.
Ultra Active Player doesn’t sound as rewarding.
Maybe “Server Celebrity” or something?
I get people every day asking me for vanities and stopping to say hi :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, depends on what papa Fofle says

1 Like

I agree with some parts of it, it brings achievement, but what I don’t like is it brings lots of competition.

1 Like

I’ll state my whole opinion on this later.
I enjoy the concept of a rewards system, although you bring a few points I disagree with.

1 Like

Ok. Please let me know when you have come to a conclusion.

1 Like

I personally think this is a splendid idea. It gives the “special” people in our community to add a little flare to their style.
However, I do have some contradicting opinions.

[b]1. True Dark-Gamer (A rank given to DTP members with over 3 million DP, level 200+, and top 5 on the leaderboard. This is a rank given to people who have spent a long and hard time levelling up and obtaining DTP stats.)[/b]

This seems fine. Although DP may be inconstant, they could simply have the amount at the time of requesting the title.
Although, the leaderboard rank seems a tad obsessive just to assure their position within the server.

2. PvP God (A rank given to people with over 1000 PvP kills, more than 3million PvP damage and is known for being a good PvPer)

If they’re generally known as a good PvPer, what’s the point in making them farm for it? I’m never a fan of referring to someone as a “God”. Perhaps something more along the lines of “Master”? Now there’s another thing, I’ve known people who are fairly well admired for their PvP ability when in reality they suck… I guess this could be fixed by having someone (such as myself ;)) test them. As I guess I’m fairly good by DG standards.

3. YouTuber (A rank given to a Youtuber with 45+ subscibers, who has/is advertised the server on more than 3 occasions. This member should be well known by the community and should have been a YouTuber for more than 6 months.

45? Oddly specific number. Doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that you’re just above it, does it? :^)
I’d raise it to 100. Make more sense.

4. Top Voter (A rank given to the top voter of the server for a monthly basis. Simple.)

This has been suggested a few times. There would be only one that changes each month to the top voter, yes?

5. Ultra Active Member (A rank given to a player who is on almost every day, has been on the server for a year or more and is well known by the community.)

This is another thing that’s just hard to define. Some people are on at different times, some people can’t be on all the time. Not a bad idea by any means, just kind of hard to do…

Anywho, all the titles would have to be colored, as to prevent fakes.
-Sorry if this is unorganized and difficult to follow, having one of those days-

1 Like

I’ll post what I think as well.

1. True Dark-Gamer
    This one makes sense, but the dp thing is a bit inconsistent, so maybe just the top 5 on the leaderboard and level 200+?

2. PvP God
    Yeah how about no. 1000 kills means NOTHING. People like xKitty and crane farm kills nonstop yet neither of them are overly impressive.
    Also as Avery said, some people are highly overestimated, and as such, general consensus may not be the best idea. I think PvP God should be given to someone like Lord Avery and then people can challenge him, and if they beat him, or come close to the point that Avery (or whoever is in control of the title) thinks they deserve it, then they can recieve said title.
    Kind of like how it works on Jupter.

3. Youtuber
    I’d also raise this to 100
    Anyone can get around 50 subs just by telling friends to subscribe

4.Top Voter
No issue here, that makes sense to me

1. Ultra Active Member
    I say that works for anyone who has been on more than a year - 2 years, depending on what the staff think works better.

These titles being colored is a given.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d raise the sub amount to 100, Bring the DP amount to 1mil, and pretty much everything else Blanc and Ave said xD

1 Like

Aw I guess I cant achieve the “Ultra Active Member” title then :-(, seeing as I joined in June hehehe

1 Like

Totally not like you’ve been here longer than all of us…

1 Like

This is an old thread as I am aware, but I have a few improvements.

1. TDG - No DP limit, Top 3 on the leaderboard and 6+ months.
  2. PVPG - No kill count, high PvP DMG (2mil+) and a rank B+ and above.
    3.YTER - 100 subs, a video about DG with over 1000 views, and a member of the DG YouTubers.
  3. TV - a rank given to different people monthly. Self explanatory.
  4. Server Celebrity - voted by the community and is active at least every 2 days if possible.
1 Like

TDG so ez for me to get :>

1 Like

Ok, now I would like to completely rebalance the whole system of this thing.

1. True Dark Gamer - Must have been #1 on the leaderboard, and on the server for over 1 year. A very rare and challenging rank.

2. PvP Dominator - Tested by either Lord Avery or Blanc, since they are the best PvPers in DG as far as I am aware. If you can bring them down to below 100 HP in a duel, you get this rank.

3. YouTuber / Content Creator - Must have over 100 subs, advertised the server on over 3 occasions or a member of the DG YouTubers,

4. Server Celebrity - a rank given to a member voted by the community. Every month, Rofle will pick 5 players who he thinks have achieved alot on the server, or done something for it and then the community votes via a poll.

5. Top Voter - Every Month, the person who votes the most gets this title.

Now, these will mainly be colored titles but if you are a staff member like myself and have a staff title, it can be a colored tag.
Please let me know what you think of this system.

1 Like

The leaderboard part seems unnecessary.

The title choice seems a bit odd. For PvP ranks, it’s always been my opinion that there should be at least 3 tiers (regarding titles, there’s already 4 main ranks with a +/- for each to define skill). It’s also my opinion that it should be more of an “are they skilled enough,” rather than if they can get the tester below 100 HP. Plenty of cheap damage/spam kits can often be sneakily employed, to often catch even the best PvPer off guard and bring them down low.

Seems like too much manual work to do on a monthly basis.

Other than that, it all seems fine. I’m actually quite fond of this idea.

1 Like

1 - I chose leaderboard since it is the easiest way to check which players have the most stats, but eh

2 - The 3 tier thing is a pretty good idea. How is PvP Master > PvP Destroyer > PvP Dominator?

4 - How about every 3 months? That would make it a rarer rank and would stop like 20 people from wearing one, so it stays original.

I agree with ave on his points, let me know if you have any others

1 Like

Three months is good, it’ll also give time for players to achieve things.

1 Like

One point I’d like to add is that “merit” ranks have a tendency to incite bragging and boasting in the general population. During my 6 years in Terraria I’ve seen plenty of people develop ego problems once they reach a high rank.

The requirement for the PvP rank seems a bit too simple as well imo. There should be some additional requirements like a few arranged duels to test the applicants skill in PvP instead of a simple hp limit.

1 Like