Questions About Crew

I Dont Want Too Wait Until I Get 2 Credits By Voting, And I Dont Want To Enter My Steam Password Because It Might Be Stolen. Can I Show Evidence That I Did Not Pirate Terraria Please? And Also I Dont Really Trust The Crew Post By Popstarfreas, Witch Is Why I Dont Want To Enter The Steam Password.

2 Likes

Dont worry, it wont steal your password. How the ā€œprove you have the gameā€ works is:
Dark gaming sends you to the steam website (meaning dg cant see the info entered there since its the official steam website), and then steam will send dark gaming a list of the games you have and dg will check if terraria is in that list (you need your steam library games to be public though, because steam wont send your library info if you want it to be private).

2 Likes

I will email you a screenshot of my library to show it includes Terraria, cropping out everything but my username. What email address should I send it to?

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the point of emailing TheWeirdYT a screenshot of your Steam library? He canā€™t give you Crew.
If anything, you should send the screenshot to Rofle.

2 Likes

I dont know whether i feel happy or not that someone thought i was in a position of power in this server, but im not. As FAdada said, thereā€™s no point in emailing it to me, and i think the only people who could give you crew are Rofle and Tejxa (as a developer he might be able to, but i dont think he would have permission to). If you send Rofle an email, he will likely not see it, or say that you should use the automated crew thing. Your best option is going on the website, but i can understand if you dont feel safe - even though theres no reason to be scared since dark gaming cant see your info.

2 Likes

OK - can i attach the screenshot file in a DM to Rofle?

2 Likes

As far as I know, no one has gotten their Steam account compromised because they obtained Crew via Steam.

Additionally, you can protect your Steam account with two-factor authentication, so even if someone steals your password, they cannot access your account.

2 Likes

You could, but I donā€™t think itā€™ll amount anything.

2 Likes

2FA is good advice. Still wonā€™t be giving password to anyone, as thatā€™s just kinda dumb lol

2 Likes

what is Rolfeā€™s username or handle to DM? doesnā€™t show up in member search

2 Likes

You arent giving your password to anyone.

tl;dr: Dark gaming sends you to steam, you enter your password on steam, and steam tells dark gaming that you have terraria. You do not give dark gaming any passwords at all.

2 Likes

And this is the only authentication method? I find it hard to believe Mods canā€™t choose to do this manually, rather than by automation thatā€™s not transparent.

Think of it as a goodwill gesture to the community at large.

2 Likes

Mods shouldnt have to do work that can already be automated. Also, theres no way to 100% prove that you have terraria, unless steam directly tells DG that you have terraria.

What do you mean by this?

2 Likes

I mean that an automated process without any oversight (by mods) is sorta questionable to begin with. A screenshot can be faked, sure, but trust goes both ways,

which explains my comment about community goodwill. This is Jackā€™s Dad btw - just trying to keep my kid & his account safe.

Who are the mods that I can contact?

2 Likes

If you want to make absolutely sure that the account is safe, Rofle is probably the best and only person to message.

Click on Rofleā€™s username on any posts heā€™s made or replied to, and the press the message button that shows up. (post that I posted there was an example, you could go to that post and click his username there)

You can send a screenshot or proof to him personally like this, though Iā€™m not sure if heā€™ll see it or accept it.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks for your help, Iā€™ll give it a shot.

Thanks for understanding and being cool about it. He has a blast playing here

2 Likes

but which username is his?

2 Likes

Rofleā€™s username is popstarfreas on this forums.

2 Likes

The underlying system is based of OpenID, basically something like ā€œsign in with googleā€, ā€œsign with this ā€¦ā€. The system itself is pretty safe so long you ensure that you are on the correct website.

If you arenā€™t logged into steam before, then yes you will need to give your password to steam(https://store.steampowered.com/).

And yes, this is the only authentication method. Other authentication methods like manual arenā€™t full-proof nor practical.

That isnā€™t necessarily true. The system simply works by redirecting you to Steam and asking steam for a list of your games. If your games arenā€™t public, then it wonā€™t work, thus the reason why it needs to be public. In practice, Steam is overseeing this operation.

Reconfirmation by Steam itself(you see this when youā€™re about to login):

2 Likes

So i wanna ask, will my inventory will be increase if i upgrade to crew in dtp?

2 Likes