Pwrwq's Moderator Application

Q1 - What is your in-game account name?

pwrwq

Q2 - What is your timezone?

Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Q3 - How often are you actively playing on the server?

Most weekends and occasionally throughout the week.

Q4 - Which dimension do you play on the most?

95% in Survival, the rest in PvP and Gamemodes.

Q5 - Have you read the rules?

Yes, several times, I even made a summarized version of them for convinence, so I know what is and is not allowed.

Q6 - What is your expectation of being in the role of Moderator?

I plan to assist other moderators via monitoring chat, ban hackers, warn them, and listen to appeals. If I can help code basic scripts on Java I can, I do not know much but I’ll try and help as much as I can.

Q7 - What is the minimum number of months you expect to be in the role of Moderator?

3-6 months

Q8 - Do you have any programming experience?

I know some basic Java and know a decent amount of Scratch, although the former would not be of much use here…

Q9 - Do you understand how to report players?

Yes, I have reported players many times before

Q10 - Have you made any player reports before?

I have reported several hackers/people who said racial slurs before, so yes, I have indeed made reports before.

Q11 - Are you in our Discord Server, if so what is your Discord NAME#ID?

Yes, pwrwq#7270. I do not go on there more than a few times a day, but I will respond to DMs and mentions in a timely manner unless something unexpected comes up.

Q12 - Do you want your application to be published to Moderator Applications?

CHOOSE ONE:

Yes, right now.

Some things to note:
I will make my time as a moderator seriously. I do not intend on fooling around with the privilege, and I plan to take this role seriously.
Have I been warned for doing something before? Yes. I remember dungeon rushing before skeletron a month or two ago, willingly knowing that was not allowed. I understood my actions and what I did was wrong, and I apologize for the inconvenience in that survival run. I was in a different state of mind then (I was going through some real-life issues and was using that to have some fun to cover that issue).

I also apologize about the discobot spam from about the same time period, I was being curious and did not see the harm until later. I will refrain from spamming in the forums and anywhere else in chat.

I will make sure that people who are hacking and using racial slurs will get banned, as that is a major issue on DG. I will often check dimensions and check usernames and if they have racial or s*xual language, they get asked to change or banned if they do not respond. While some of this may seem extreme, this will reduce toxicity in the server.

I have said I was going to do this in chat several times in the summer, but I am doing it now because of circumstances involving the server and feeling the need to step up in order to help this server become better. I will also be willing to learn to code in C# (the Terraria language), and with some basic Java knowledge, I will be able to apply it to the server itself.

Thank you for your time and patience in considering my application.

Sincerely,

pwrwq

13 Likes

Just updated category permissions so people can reply, since you’re the first one that got an in-progress application posted, and you said you wanted people to give input anyway.

13 Likes

Nice pwr u got it you will be a good mod!
Ive been thinking abt doing a application but not now in a lil time i should be ready
I still need to learn how to make reports and
Ask other things to moderators if i dont understand smth
Good luck😃

9 Likes

good luck, as long as you have not been banned for something (excluding saying 1.4.4.9 or something similar), you are fine, just learn a bit more and be active

9 Likes

In that case i aint gonna be a mod💀 even tho i got banned not knowing bc i have just startes playing and didnt know i can get banned for those rhings

9 Likes

Would an IP ban count against me if i where to apply to become a moderator?

8 Likes

like when?
also happy bday

8 Likes

I was IP banned in march 2021
Also thats anniversary of joining the server i think

8 Likes

I would apply for moderator but my programing knowledge only applies to python and it’s been a little while since I’ve messed around with python the last time I ran a python script was the last time I was working on Project Xenon otherwise know as a creation of mine

8 Likes

You may be accepted even without programming skills whatsoever (I think)

9 Likes

I feel like programming skills are optional, but have higher priority (I only know bits of Java and Scratch but I am somewhat willing to learn to help this server grow)

8 Likes

Yep, exactly. I am sure that these are really important when you go for manager, and not that important as mod

9 Likes

Same thing here I’d also be willing to learn to help improve the community and the quality of the server as a whole

8 Likes

Things I know:

• @pwrwq is a dark gaming player that frequently plays on Survival.

• He knows what he is doing usually

• However, forum violations. (remember the discobot thread and sun tzu quote?)

• The moderator count is low so having moderators will increase it slightly (or more if me since I have an application up)

• Not many moderators play the game regularly so @pwrwq is a good example for moderation.

Update:

@pwrwq addressed this in the disclaimer:

6 Likes

if you havent been warned or similar for spam related reasons, are you even a dark gaming regular?

but yeah, i think pwrwq would be pretty good as a moderator. id say he is kinda what the mod team needs now, to help with there being a rule violater every 10 seconds.

+1

6 Likes

@pwrwq I searched up player reports by you, and you have only made four this year. Reporting players is essential to becoming a moderator. I recommend you report more players or your moderator status may be at risk.

6 Likes

oh ok
whenever I try looking for rulebreakers either a staff is on or I am not on lol
also is staff being more lenient on the quote the rule(ss) broken section now? I’ve seen several reports like those lol

5 Likes

Yes, it is more lenient, especially if the reported rule break is of urgent matter, e. g. to catch a hacker.

5 Likes

You can still report players if a staff member is online. We need to see that you are capable of making proper reports so we know that you have good judgement in regards to understanding and enforcing the rules. Also, you do not need to worry about what twofoursixeight said in regards to your moderator application status. As long as it is not denied there is no reason to worry. The applications are simply pending until we determine the applicant is ready to be tested as a trial mod. The more reports you make, the easier it is for us to see whether or not you are fit to be tested.

8 Likes

Doesn’t this apply? (Excerpt from my app)

5 Likes