PVP personal weapons

PVP in DG is pretty cool, I particularily like the Duels gamemode with the new arena. I was just wondering what besides the obvious/most viable gear (Guide to Dark Gaming PvP) people use.

Personally, I try to not use whatever the most perfectly optimal gear is, which I think is Paladin’s Hammer, Daybreak, etc, but I still want to use good stuff, so right now I’m using mostly Eventide and Pulse Bow for a ranger loadout. For accessories, I use the “beetleeyepvp” loadout’s, but edited to replace Tabi and Fire Gauntlet with Flesh Knuckles and Stalker’s Quiver. Also solar flare armor of course.

What more unique gear do you guys like to use?

4 Likes

Here’s a dumb photoshop I made that pretty much sums up my play, which you might have seen as my profile picture on Phase and Discord. It’s not optimal (as Beetle likes to point out last I checked) and I still get railed due to my own lack of skill, but it helps illustrate a pair of things that had been growing on me when I picked up PvP casually.

Pages of power, I call it.

6 Likes

I’m a bit confused, what does the chlorophyte helmet represent? Also I use the same one (but green) as my vanity so I thought that was funny.

Good choice btw, in my opinion all the Old One’s Army weapons are the coolest, even if they aren’t the best.

3 Likes

I use and had used some uncommon weapons:

• Revolver
  • Musket
  • Stake Launcher
  • Crystal Vile Shard
  • Aerial’s Bane
4 Likes

i sometimes use tactical shotgun instead of heat ray

3 Likes

chlorophyte helmet (headgear) is the best mage helmet

2 Likes

oh is nebula nerfed?

2 Likes

no it’s just that the nebula armor set doesn’t work and chlorophyte headgear provides better stats than nebula helmet

Chlorophyte Headgear - Increases maximum mana by 80 and reduces mana usage by 17%
16% increased magic damage

Nebula Helmet - Increases maximum mana by 60 and reduces mana usage by 15%
7% increased magic damage and critical strike chance

2 Likes

In isolation, Chlorophyte Headgear has better magic - oriented stats than Nebula Helmet. I play with 2/3 Solar armor, so I wouldn’t be reaping Nebula armor’s set bonus.

2 Likes

My use of it. :’)

2 Likes

just wondering, do sentries work? also stellar tune is a harder to use shorter range weapon then tome

2 Likes

Sentries do indeed work! They don’t attack the conventional way, but instead they deal contact damage to anyone that touches them, as I’d know from the few times Playirime joined the server and played on PvP. When he did, he exclusively had a Sentry spam build and he was doing so well at it that he was getting hackused left and right.

It may have shorter range, but it also has splash damage from the stars exploding, can hit most places on its users’ screen, and most of all, its projectiles can travel through blocks.

3 Likes

My top tier weapon is the Daybreak. Also, when you left, i found a good armour setup for ranged that you could use. Just mix Shroomite with Vortex!

.,image Shroomite Mask
image Vortex Breastplate
~image Vortex Leggings

2 Likes

wait is that actually allowed?

2 Likes

yeah i think so

If it doesn’t work, try something similar with the same idea of combining armour sets.

1 Like

Okay, I guess I didn’t realize you could use the things that weren’t banned.

2 Likes

The Vortex Helmet is banned and the Shroomite Chestplate is also banned. It works is perfect harmony, or the devs did this on purpose.

2 Likes

noobs really just hackacusate anybody who can get consistent kills lol, also

stellar tune is bad when going aggresive and can be easily countered with good movement so i would recommend using aqua scepter instead of stellar tune most of the time

3 Likes

Huntress’s Jerkin is better than Vortex Breastplate and Chlorophyte Helmet is just Vortex Helmet with less defense, you can check my guide if you want good hybrid kits.

3 Likes

Right now I rely on the solar shield to dash (I replaced it with more defense) so if I were to change this, I would have to get a Tabi, which I suppose is okay. I also would lose about 20 -30 defense (I didn’t do the math)… when I tried out Solysis’ suggestion I did about 20% more damage, but died way faster, so maybe I could reforge all my accessories to Warding or something?

2 Likes