PvP messages not showing in other dimensions and other dimensions messages not showing in PvP

• PC and Mobile
  • PvP
  • beetleeye1602
  • Always

• You can check it in Phase, there’s no recent PvP messages there
2 Likes

This bug used to happen with the Items dimension quite regularly a while back.

I think the PvP dimension just needs to be reset.

2 Likes

For me, the survival chat messages said they were from PVP (somehow). Also, there was a blood moon?

3 Likes

So you saw the PvP messages?

In PvP?

2 Likes

Given #pvp-general earlier today in the Dark Gaming Discord… yes, probably PvP.
https://discord.com/channels/459819294730092555/493218793636626432/827630964288258098

3 Likes

Solar explained that the blood moon wasnt a glitch, for some reason PVP crashed and was rebooted, meaning it somehow deactivated always day?

Also all his progress on the new pvp spawn got wiped bc it crashed (I think) so rip

2 Likes

I saw the chat messages from people in survival but it had no tag in front, as if they were in PVP (I was in pvp too)

I think this was just a client-side glitch because I was the only one who experienced it and it went away shortly after.

2 Likes

When you switch servers, you can briefly view the chat from the previous server. This is what probably happened.

3 Likes

Via TShock, time is frozen at 12:00 AM in PvP.

When the dimension crashed and rebooted, all TShock settings were reset. Besides this, an old save file of the world was loaded when PvP was rebooted, undoing Solar’s build progress on the new PvP spawn.

2 Likes

I never went to survival though, so I don’t know why that would have happened.

Also how do you know all this info about the server lol

1 Like

In this video, I went to Pedguin’s from DG.

In Pedguin’s server, this was said in chat: King Slime has awoken! x5.

The same effect occurred when you switched from Survival to chat-isolated PvP.

1 Like

I’ve been around long enough to be well acquainted with these type of things.

1 Like

To my knowledge,
This can’t be applied to Survival → PvP. When you switch between “dimensions”, your client doesn’t reconnect to another server. Instead, Dimensions reroutes you to another server. Dimensions handles the connection part, while your client receives world info. From your client’s perspective, only the world(and some other stuff) has changed, it’s still the same server.

2 Likes

If that’s the case, then this happens when you switch worlds (not servers). I’m pretty sure this effect occurs regardless of whether you are switching between dimensions or servers.

3 Likes

It was a joke lol

3 Likes

My post wasn’t a joke, or do you mean the blood moon?

Or were you pretending to be in survival and that was the joke?

Now im confused lol

3 Likes

I was in pvp, not survival lol

4 Likes